will x99 be old next year?

No, the way intel releases their cpu makes it seem like it would be but the truth is each cpu they produce is only a very small amount better than the last. So unless amd really surprises most people and comes out with a wicked good cpu then you will be fine with either of those. 

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

No. Because Broadwell-E will be on X99.

normal broadwell was on z97 but they canceled it how do you know there will be broadwell-e not skylake-e?

They didn't cancel it and Broadwell-E is a rather large thing. Was in the news section a while ago.

so broadwell-e is a larger thing? as i mean by canceled is they have no i7 or i5 k cpus

so broadwell-e is a larger thing? as i mean by canceled is they have no i7 or i5 k cpus

Yeah they do. The 'c' after the i5-5675c and i7-5775c basically mean k and both are overclockable. And yes, Broadwell-E is a larger thing with the 6950x sporting 10 cores and 20 threads.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Yeah they do. The 'c' after the i5-5675c and i7-5775c basically mean k and both are overclockable. And yes, Broadwell-E is a larger thing with the 6950x sporting 10 cores and 20 threads.

when is broadwell-e coming out?

SoonTM Sometime this year... maybe Q2?

will there be a 6820k? like the 5820k i would only need 6 or so cores not the 10 cores

Broadwell E will be a thing on X99, 6950x has already been leaked broadwell on Z79 being dead at launch will have no effect on that, and as compared to cpus being usable? Tons of people still use Sandy Bridge parts, nahalem and westmere aren't uncommon either, and god the number of Q6600s out there is ridiculous, Linus even did a Video on using old LGA 771 Xeons and if on a budget buying those things now is still a valid strategy with DDR2; Not 3 or 4; 2; Granted not a great idea, but on a serious budget a valid one, I mean on some other forums there's like X58 Clubs and some of those X58 6Core/12Thread chips with a decent OC can match my 5820k at stock and come fairly close(Within 10-25%) to my OCed 5820k...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

will there be a 6820k? like the 5820k i would only need 6 or so cores not the 10 cores

Yeah, there'll be 4 CPUs in the i7 extreme lineup of Broadwell-E and Broadwell-EP and EX (Xeons) will have up to 22(24?) cores and 44(48?) threads.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Broadwell-E releases this year, it will feature two six cored i7's, one eight core and one ten core, 10 cores and 20 threads. X99 is a superior chipset to skylake and will offer upgradability, go for the 5820k if you only can afford it. (Not talking Xeons here)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Broadwell E will be a thing on X99, 6950x has already been leaked broadwell on Z79 being dead at launch will have no effect on that, and as compared to cpus being usable? Tons of people still use Sandy Bridge parts, nahalem and westmere aren't uncommon either, and god the number of Q6600s out there is ridiculous, Linus even did a Video on using old LGA 771 Xeons and if on a budget buying those things now is still a valid strategy with DDR2; Not 3 or 4; 2; Granted not a great idea, but on a serious budget a valid one, I mean on some other forums there's like X58 Clubs and some of those X58 6Core/12Thread chips with a decent OC can match my 5820k at stock and come fairly close(Within 10-25%) to my OCed 5820k...

^^^^ This.

when is broadwell-e coming out?

Intel said they are showcasing it at Computex this year. So summer time.

so should i just wait for broadwell-E or haswell-e? my i5 took 1 hour 40 minutes to render a 2 second after effects clip

im thinking  of saving up for a i7 and its between the 4790k or 5820k. so will these cpus be too old to use?

Technically speaking, since the platform has been finalized, it is now old. That's how manufacturing works though, so don't sweat it.

Guaranteed that while Intel is still releasing chips for the X99 platform, they have an entire research team working on the next chipset...

Sidebar: I have the i7-4790K in my latest build (linked in my signature) and love it even with these 5th and 6th gen processors out.

It flys for everyday operations, and I've been happy gaming on the integrated graphics as I haven't yet purchased a GPU for the build.

whats computex?

Oh no, you seem to be missing out on something amazing...

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)