Booting from ram

Does anyone have experience using software like diskless angel, or any other methods to boot windows  from ramdisk.  i assume its a (not so)  simple matter of writing the image from your disk to ram before the system queries the boot drives.  Would this need to be built into the motherboard firmware to be most efficient?

100% impossible, RAM is volatile memory, it wipes it self when it loses power.

Not possible as RAM is volatile memory (data written is lost in the vent of power loss). You would need to be booting from a VM to experience something like that.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

why are you trying to do this

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It would work if that software somehow powers the ram while the system is turned off. *Genius Idea, gonna patent it, 1sec.*

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

yes, i know that the memory is volatile... hence the sentence where i said  "it would be a matter of writing the disk image to the ram before the system queries the boot drive."

i have read that its possible to boot unbuntu and other linux items from ram disk, as the command initrd actually stands for initialize ramdisk..

that said, if there is not a way to do it with software already avalible from windows I can think of 2 other options.  1 being a virtual machine booting first, (overhead -1)  or somehow getting the mothterboard to execute the transfer.  at least in my pc, i always see the ram being initialized first regardless. sooooo .... anyone want to discuss how to make it happen? 

yes, i know that the memory is volatile... hence the sentence where i said  "it would be a matter of writing the disk image to the ram before the system queries the boot drive."

i have read that its possible to boot unbuntu and other linux items from ram disk, as the command initrd actually stands for initialize ramdisk..

that said, if there is not a way to do it with software already avalible from windows I can think of 2 other options.  1 being a virtual machine booting first, (overhead -1)  or somehow getting the mothterboard to execute the transfer.  at least in my pc, i always see the ram being initialized first regardless. sooooo .... anyone want to discuss how to make it happen? 

I wouldn't do it, it's just not worth it for the time and effort.