Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about joining the masterrace and getting a mechanical keyboard.

I really do love the Ducky Shine 3 - but it goes for 180$ in my country (converted from €). Is that even worth it?

Similar products (Das Keyboard, Corsair K95) go for almost the same pricings here...

So on page 108 of this thread, there was a mentioned new Ducky Keyboard - maybe the Shine 4.

Obviously Ducky posted it on their facebook page, but I cannot find the post. The offical Website isn't saying anything on that either.

So did I just miss something or is there really no information whatsoever? I wouldn't like to spend that much money and get an "outdated" product.

so finally got around to replacing my old G510 logitech and brought a second hand Steelseries 6GV2 for $50 Au , just to try out how the Cherry MX blacks feel and if i close my eyes i think I'm back in high school using the old clicky keyboards we had back then c1984 :D

no back lit keyboard but will probably upgrade to something newer soon as just testing how it feels atm and it feels good  , nice presence when using it under my fingers and if worse comes to worse it make a good weapon to smash my lcd in a game if it piss's me off playing some hard spot lol

razer blackwidow ultimate. Except I regret spending the extra 20 dollars to go with a corsair k70 :/

CPU: i7 3930k 4.5ghz CPU COOLER: Be quiet dark rock pro 3 MOBO: MSIx79a-GD45 PLUS RAM: G-Skill 16GB  GPU: MSI 780 TF  Storage: 2tb seagate and 60 GB OCZ ssd PSU: corsair CS750M 

:D

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about joining the masterrace and getting a mechanical keyboard.

I really do love the Ducky Shine 3 - but it goes for 180$ in my country (converted from €). Is that even worth it?

Similar products (Das Keyboard, Corsair K95) go for almost the same pricings here...

So on page 108 of this thread, there was a mentioned new Ducky Keyboard - maybe the Shine 4.

Obviously Ducky posted it on their facebook page, but I cannot find the post. The offical Website isn't saying anything on that either.

So did I just miss something or is there really no information whatsoever? I wouldn't like to spend that much money and get an "outdated" product.

10431310_10152486308993809_1357318281240

That will be the new shine 4, from what I see it has multiple LED (not RGB)

and some volume control stuff, 

It really does look enticing and I would rather wait for the shine 4 than buying a shine 3 now

but what keyboard are you currently using? mechanical?

10431310_10152486308993809_1357318281240

That will be the new shine 4, from what I see it has multiple LED (not RGB)

and some volume control stuff, 

It really does look enticing and I would rather wait for the shine 4 than buying a shine 3 now

but what keyboard are you currently using? mechanical?

I really love the knobs! But I rather have a uniform backlight - not rainbow like as in your image.

If however, you'd be able to switch through different colors, that would be nice.

Any words on when it will be available?

Currently I am using a rubberdome - I'm currently satisfied with it, it's not a bad thing, despite the fact that it was inexpensive (20€).

But reading everywhere how great mechanicals are, I'm curious and want to give them a try.

Pic related:

Cherry-Keyboard-eVolution-STREAM-XT-Cord

I really love the knobs! But I rather have a uniform backlight - not rainbow like as in your image.

If however, you'd be able to switch through different colors, that would be nice.

Currently I am using a rubberdome - I'm currently satisfied with it, it's not a bad thing, despite the fact that it was inexpensive (20€).

But reading everywhere how great mechanicals are, I'm curious and want to give them a try.

Pic related:

Cherry-Keyboard-eVolution-STREAM-XT-Cord

Not sure with the release date, but you should really go to your nearest store and give all switches a try before your purchase

I always recommend everyone to do it that way, switch choice is so personal

if you want a back lit keyboard, ducky is one of the top choice out there IMO

Not sure with the release date, but you should really go to your nearest store and give all switches a try before your purchase

I always recommend everyone to do it that way, switch choice is so personal

if you want a back lit keyboard, ducky is one of the top choice out there IMO

Yeah I already planned on doing that. Problem is though, almost no mechanical keyboards are on display in stores in my country.

Judging from specs, I'd say MX-Browns are suiting me.

Besides CM-Storms the Gigabyte Aivia Osmium is fairly inexpensive (in comparison to all those big names), for 100€ (135$).

But then again, I read it's not as good on the typing side.

Backlit would be very nice, but I could live with a full-lit white(or blue) LED keyboard. Different modes are fun but not necessary.

My research however showed, blue or white LEDs with MX-Browns are fairly limited offered. Ducky just seems to be the way to go.

Even keyboards without backlight are similar priced.. so I guess I am out of alternatives.

There's no release date yet but the LEDs don't have to be a rainbow. They're using LEDs with both blue and red which can be configured to blend into shades of pink and purple but I'd expect the ability to give the whole keyboard a single color.

Also if you can't try keyboards out yourself you might want to consider buying one of these: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-o-ring-sampler-kit.html

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

There's no release date yet but the LEDs don't have to be a rainbow. They're using LEDs with both blue and red which can be configured to blend into shades of pink and purple but I'd expect the ability to give the whole keyboard a single color.

Also if you can't try keyboards out yourself you might want to consider buying one of these: http://www.maxkeyboard.com/max-keyboard-keycap-cherry-mx-switch-o-ring-sampler-kit.html

Sadly this is not available in my country. Importing it would be too expensive. Thanks for the hint, though.

I love my blackwidow 2014 Razer green switches. 

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

I love my blackwidow 2014 Razer MX green.

Like Jokrik had said, sorry yours isn't MX Green, it's China made Kailh switch that Razer is using....I consider it inferior to MX switches though Razer, thru its marketing, would have you believe theirs is THE gaming switch.

Btw, Jokrik, I was under the impression that the Kailh Green felt similar to MX Blue....not MX Green. Or, am I mistaken?

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Btw, Jokrik, I was under the impression that the Kailh Green felt similar to MX Blue....not MX Green. Or, am I mistaken?

That's what Linus says in his review. That Razor's green switch feels much like a MX-Blue switch.

Like Jokrik had said, sorry yours isn't MX Green, it's China made Kailh switch that Razer is using....I consider it inferior to MX switches though Razer, thru its marketing, would have you believe theirs is THE gaming switch.

That's what Linus says in his review. That Razor's green switch feels much like a MX-Blue switch.

Misstyped lol

it is indeed blues, I already gave them a try at the local store and somehow I hate those new switches

it's like you wanting to get a Porsche but instead there is a new car which feels and looks like the real deal

while the price is not that much different 

anyway

14530384120_54749f58ac_b.jpg

GH PAD and KPAD by hansen_oe, on Flickr

My GHPad just came, aluminium yow...

The razer one has Kailh switch

it's not the original cherry MX green, it feels similar though

i know there are great!

CPU: Intel I7 4790K 4.8 Ghz || Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus Hero 6 Z87 || Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1600 Mhz || GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Ti STRIX || Storage: 2 x SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB RAID 0 HDD Western Digital 1 TB Black || PSU: Corsair AX 860 watt || Cooling: 2 x AF 140mm (front), 2 AF120 Blue LED (bottom and back), 2 SP120 (top on radiator) ||  CPU cooler: Corsair H100i GTX || Case: Corsair obsidian 750D <3 <3 <3 

Its there own green. fuckin hell, why you not understand

Yes, but you called them MX Green, that's what they meant.

Then don't call them MX Green.

So! happy now? 

So! happy now?

Chill the fuck out.

Jezzzzz

He's a noob, relax.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

So! happy now? 

lol calm down tiger

just differentiating MX switch and Kailh,

MX has been there for some decades, and with their patent ended this year, people start imitating it

Might as well put some credit for Cherry's work, they won't last thing long if they're not this good

Hey, so does anyone use 2 .4mm o-rings on there switches? I am thinking about doing it and just want to hear how other people like it ^^

Hey, so does anyone use 2 .4mm o-rings on there switches? I am thinking about doing it and just want to hear how other people like it ^^

you would have almost no travel would you not?

Dude, you'd stated MX Green, had you not? <_< I was correcting your oversight. Yours isn't MX Green, as you'd claimed, it's Kailh/Razer Green. Obviously you have a chip on your shoulder because of my comment about my thinking they are inferior to Cherry MX switches (my opinion anyway).....IF you're not happy with my posts, put me on your ignore list. Don't understand why some become instant fanboys and feel a need to defend the hardware they buy. or that they have such fragile ego and feel slighted simply because the opinions of others that do not jell with their opinion/belief.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

you would have almost no travel would you not?

I'd think so as well. ;)  I've never understood the need for O-rings though, don't they make a switch feel mushy? :unsure: I love the satisfying 'thock' of my Topres, and the clicks and/or clacks when I bottom out. :wacko:

Misstyped lol

it is indeed blues, I already gave them a try at the local store and somehow I hate those new switches

it's like you wanting to get a Porsche but instead there is a new car which feels and looks like the real deal

while the price is not that much different 

anyway

14530384120_54749f58ac_b.jpg

GH PAD and KPAD by hansen_oe, on Flickr

My GHPad just came, aluminium yow...

these are so awesome. i wish i knew about these a couple of months ago when i was in the market for a mechanical number pad. the only thing i was able to find were Leopold 210TP all the way from China:

anyway.. here's my setup

Leopold 210TP w/ Cherry blues

CM Storm Quickfire rapid w/ Cherry blacks

post-21736-0-87698600-1406089261.jpg

post-21736-0-15903100-1406089329.jpg

post-21736-0-74082400-1406089336.jpg

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro