Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Dude I was like 50 pages behind on this thread D: AARRG xD Got to read through!

Oh btw I totally haven't got my IBM model M with a terminal connector to work yet :( Sad times...

For how much did you get the Model M for? I want one but can't find it here in Slovenia, and if I order through eBay, the shipping is too expensive :(

For how much did you get the Model M for? I want one but can't find it here in Slovenia, and if I order through eBay, the shipping is too expensive  :(

I got it for £30 I think

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Still using my BlackWidow (Cherry MX Blue) that I have had for the past few years. I don't see the need to upgrade from it anytime soon.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Still using my BlackWidow (Cherry MX Blue) that I have had for the past few years. I don't see the need to upgrade from it anytime soon.

I'm still using a Ducky Zero with Cherry Reds and I really do feel the need to upgrade xD I want that tactile feedback !

PROFILEYEAH

For how much did you get the Model M for? I want one but can't find it here in Slovenia, and if I order through eBay, the shipping is too expensive :(

Use a teensy and covert it. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been done already.

Use a teensy and covert it. I'd be surprised if this hasn't been done already.

that's what I'm going to do

PROFILEYEAH

I dunno about this set, looks kinda gimmicky to me.

Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013 - logitech 710+ - Daskeyboard professional :)

"Be excellent to one another" Bill and Ted

"How many people have died waiting for their Savour" Nick Arthur of Molotov Solution

I love my Corsair k70 black, still i wish i had a RGB one:(

I love my Corsair k70 black, still i wish i had a RGB one:(

I still wish they sold the gunmetal ones with blue LED's - had my sights on one to match my case; guess red LED will do fine and I'll just have to change colour scheme...

I still wish they sold the gunmetal ones with blue LED's - had my sights on one to match my case; guess red LED will do fine and I'll just have to change colour scheme...

i also got a blue color scheme, got black/white/blue and i don't wanna change the keyboard out, only if i could get the RGB one.. that would be perfect!.

I have a question: why does all of the sudden everyone like and have this kind of keycaps? I think they are called DSA or something like that... I don't really like them! Looks childish to me...

I have a question: why does all of the sudden everyone like and have this kind of keycaps? I think they are called DSA or something like that... I don't really like them! Looks childish to me...

Like the retro styled ones?

I have some. Look up DSA retro on geekhack.

Like the retro styled ones?

I have some. Look up DSA retro on geekhack.

Yeah and DSA in general, like a year ago almost nobody had them now everyone wants or has them :D

Yeah and DSA in general, like a year ago almost nobody had them now everyone wants or has them :D

Oh well the DSA caps for the ergodox and the DSA retro set kinda started all of that. I dont like it as much since the caps are all at the same height. And for it to feel comfortable for me I need to have less angle on the keyboard which is why they are on my original KMAC.

I got myself a Corsair K70 with Cherry Blue switches the other week as a birthday present from me to me. As my first mechanical keyboard, I love it. :3

It feels so nice to type on, with the tactile bumpiness and satisfying clickiness. It's spoiled me for other keyboards, now I can never go back to membrane.

Like said its a mix of the fact of things like ergodox and also it just allows more customisation.

If the keys are flat you can swap from QWERTY to DVORAK or some other layout and the keys wont have some weird profile.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Oh, thanks for the responses! Pro tip: Follow this topic!

LED Modifiers are not worth it for LEDs that aren't white. Just wont work, cept for the colours very similar to the original LEDs.

White works with them all with the only downside of being blocked a bit so being dimmer than a non-covered LED.

Blue with them for ideas.

You helped me make the decision not to go with a random board just because of white LED's. Thanks.