Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Saw your post on reddit the other day, looks absolutely amazing!

I like it so much I keep posting it everywhere.. :lol:

Resolution is not just a number, it's two.

Ducky Shine 3 Tuhaojin Cherry MX Blue Switches

Stuff like this makes me stay in school.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I am using this Prototype with something that is half way between browns and blues but seems more like a blue. It is awesome for typing and gaming. I use it for content creation and I got it though some sneaky techniques (Shhhhh) It is still a prototype but the switches are being finalized and I like the feed back and the RGB colors. It is fun to watch the expression of people when I go to LAN parties with it. Great keyboard overall but it did cost me a fair bit of hastling to get it so I will give it a 9.9/10 (Corsair Cherry MX RGB)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition     Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme11     RAM: 64GB Corsair Platinum 2400mhz     GPU: R9 295x2 (x2)     Case: Corsair 900D     Storage: OCZ ZD4CM84-HH-600G(600GB)+Hitachi 0F18335(6TB)(x6)

PSU: Corsair AX1500i     Display(s): Asus PB287Q (x3)     Cooling: Custom Loop from EK Waterblocks     Keyboard: Corsair Mechanical Cherry MX RGB (Prototype) Don't Ask

Mouse: MadCatz Rat 9 (For 3D Content Creation) or Steelseries Sensei (For Gaming)     Sound: SteelSeries Siberia Elite + Asus Xonar Essence Sound Card

I am using this Prototype with something that is half way between browns and blues but seems more like a blue. It is awesome for typing and gaming. I use it for content creation and I got it though some sneaky techniques (Shhhhh) It is still a prototype but the switches are being finalized and I like the feed back and the RGB colors. It is fun to watch the expression of people when I go to LAN parties with it. Great keyboard overall but it did cost me a fair bit of hastling to get it so I will give it a 9.9/10 (Corsair Cherry MX RGB)

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm in Japan for a conference and trying to find DDR4. Will probably be back in Korea in a week or so

CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X Extreme Edition     Motherboard: ASRock X79 Extreme11     RAM: 64GB Corsair Platinum 2400mhz     GPU: R9 295x2 (x2)     Case: Corsair 900D     Storage: OCZ ZD4CM84-HH-600G(600GB)+Hitachi 0F18335(6TB)(x6)

PSU: Corsair AX1500i     Display(s): Asus PB287Q (x3)     Cooling: Custom Loop from EK Waterblocks     Keyboard: Corsair Mechanical Cherry MX RGB (Prototype) Don't Ask

Mouse: MadCatz Rat 9 (For 3D Content Creation) or Steelseries Sensei (For Gaming)     Sound: SteelSeries Siberia Elite + Asus Xonar Essence Sound Card

Right now I'm rockin' a Max Keyboard Nighthawk-X8 with orange LEDs and MX Cherry Brown keys.  However, once I make my new build, I'll be switching over to a Ducky Shine 3.  Partially because, while the orange/black of my current keyboard is badass and sexy as hell, it doesn't match the red/black color scheme I'm going for in my new build.  The other reason is because the Ducky Shine 3 has all those sweet-ass LED effects that I wanna play with.  Plus, this keyboard has some issues.  The most major issues I've had were that when I first set it up, a handful of keys didn't work.  Restarting my computer fixed that.  Another issue is that some keys will sometimes get stuck down.  Not physically, but the keyboard will randomly start sending the signal for a key repeatedly (which really sucked when the volume function got "stuck").  To fix it, you just manually hit the key and it'll interrupt that signal.  It's only happened a handful of times in the few months I've owned it.  That's probably too often for most people (especially at $150), but it's not enough for me to really complain.  Still, I'm not the only one who has had that problem, so this is apparently somewhat common.  So a word of warning to anyone considering one of these who might care.  Other than that, however, I love this keyboard, especially the two extra USB slots I get out of it.  This is my first mechanical keyboard, but I think I can safely say I'll never change from brown switches.  They're everything I was hoping for.  The only thing I really don't like about this keyboard is that it automatically overrides my laptop's built in mic (I know that might seem weird that I use a laptop or built in mic, but as someone who moves around a lot, I decided dropping $4k on a Malibal X7200 was a better investment than a tower at the time), and the only other mic I have is on my headphones which I don't generally like using.  I have nice computer speakers and always use PTT, so background noise isn't an issue and I get better sound quality (or at least more satisfying sound quality) by cranking up my speakers rather than listening to headphones.

All that being said...I don't really know.  I guess that's just my 2 cents on my current keyboard.

Vortex double shot PBT keycaps came in today!

Here they are on my orange-backlit Ducky:

CrMwwMm.jpg

Can't wait to try them with the LEDs at night :)

Might post a review this weekend.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

-snip-

Would definitely appreciate pics of this if at all possible please. I'm thinking of getting some similar.

Would definitely appreciate pics of this if at all possible please. I'm thinking of getting some similar.

Sure! Sadly I don't think I'll be able to today but definitely during the weekend.

RHqoW4n.jpg

Ducky Shine 3, tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blues. 

Spooky night time.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Review is up! Lots of pictures included.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/180474-vortex-doubleshot-pbt-keycaps-feat-ducky-shine-3/

How much louder are browns from reds when touch typing?

They are identical in volume. The black ones are silent as well. Only the blue and green ones are clicky.

-snip-

Super sexy! However my only complaint is the windows key I think its fine that they are spelling it out it just isn't my taste font wise I feel it could be more tastefully done or perhaps they could use there logo in that place kind of like what ducky does.

Super sexy! However my only complaint is the windows key I think its fine that they are spelling it out it just isn't my taste font wise I feel it could be more tastefully done or perhaps they could use there logo in that place kind of like what ducky does.

Yeah, I don't love "Win" but I do prefer it over logos to be honest. Given the choice I'd probably pick either a Windows logo or just a blank keycap.

Was cleaning out and reorganizing my storeroom, take the opportunity to snap a pic of these:

20140716_122954_zps8a8ec959.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

RHqoW4n.jpg

Ducky Shine 3, tenkeyless with Cherry MX Blues. 

Spooky night time.

i have the exact same board with red switches.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

I'm madly in love with my K70 with Cherry MX Reds!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K @4.5GHz - CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i - Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero - Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 8GB (2x4GB) @1600 - Storage: WD Green 2TB, 128GB Corsair Force Series SSD - Graphics Card: Asus MATRIX R9 280x OC Case: Corsair Graphite 600T - Power Supply: Be Quiet Power Zone 650W - Monitor: 2x Acer S240HLbid - Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) - Mouse: Perixx MX-2000 - Audio: Logitech G430, Logitech Z506