Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)

Can anyone tell me what the double key stroke activation is like for the BLUEs compared to the REDs? i.e. how much return travel is needed for the keys on the BLUE before it can be activated again?

Also am I right to assume that BLUE keys need more downward travel for activation than REDs?

And finally, I've watched the you tube videos, but can anyone who has tried them both tell me how much louder are the BLUEs compared to the REDs?

Thanks a million!

Can anyone tell me what the double key stroke activation is like for the BLUEs compared to the REDs? i.e. how much return travel is needed for the keys on the BLUE before it can be activated again?

Also am I right to assume that BLUE keys need more downward travel for activation than REDs?

And finally, I've watched the you tube videos, but can anyone who has tried them both tell me how much louder are the BLUEs compared to the REDs?

Thanks a million!

I never had issues with it you just have to go up a bit higher because the click mechanism has to return back up.

No blues and reds both activate in the middle.

Their not much louder if you bottom out but if you dont reds are silent and blues have their light high pitched click.

Also why are you or worried about the actuation point in really it really doesnt make that much difference. Just pick the one that you like to use best. For me for cherry switches that's clears and ergo clears. I personally think red is the worst switch for me and brown is second worst. Over all I think Brown is the worst cherry switch as is all compromise. I personally still think that blacks are still a good starter switch and one of the better options. Just remember lighter isnt always better and the only reason that blue work being as light as they are is because their tactility and click but most people still bottom out likely because their coming from rubber domes and scissor switches.

Black, Green, and Panda Clear (Clear with Black spring) would probably be the ultimate line up in my opinion.

Panda Clear? Well, live and learn is all I can say.... :blink:

Green hasn't been given much of a chance by many, but I love the heck out of it.....much like my Black, Clear, White....and, of course, my Topre. ;)

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R7 5700X3D (8C/16T) + TR Phantom Spirit 120 EVO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Logitech G915 + G303 Shroud Ed + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Logitech G613 + G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Panda Clear? Well, live and learn is all I can say.... :blink:

Green hasn't been given much of a chance by many, but I love the heck out of it.....much like my Black, Clear, White....and, of course, my Topre. ;)

Yep Panda Clear, Black spring with a Clear stem. I think because its white-ish and black like a panda. But yea its a heavier option instead of a Ergo Clear, Blue/Brown/Red spring with a Clear stem, without getting custom springs.

I'm in with a SteelSeries 6GV2 with Red Cherry's. Had it for a few weeks now and really like it. No pics, but there's really nothing special about it. Standard layout, no lights, just the way I like it.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I'm in with a SteelSeries 6GV2 with Red Cherry's. Had it for a few weeks now and really like it. No pics, but there's really nothing special about it. Standard layout, no lights, just the way I like it.

Would just like to point out that it actually has a non-standard layout with that big enter and the short right shift.

Would just like to point out that it actually has a non-standard layout with that big enter and the short right shift.

Yup, from a ISO-layout perspective the ' is located under the big enter key instead of just left to the enter key.

Also I haven't seen a complete keycap set that supports the big enter.

NAS build log: Gimli, a NAS build by Shaqalac.

Mechanical keyboards: Ducky Mini YotH - Ducky Mini

Yup, from a ISO-layout perspective the ' is located under the big enter key instead of just left to the enter key.

Also I haven't seen a complete keycap set that supports the big enter.

The Max keyboards set II just got for another keyboard supports it. there used to be a ton of sets that supported it and the 7G back in the day when it was like 1 of 3 brands of gaming mechanical keyboards.

*Droooooooooooooooooooool*

Why does a ducky have to look so good.

Oh my DAYS brother D: THIS IS SOOOOO JUST D: UURRGGGG I'm SO Jelly!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Love my Steelseries Merc Stealth.  Had it for years.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

As far as I know that is a rubber dome keyboard and not a mechanical keyboard.

If it is it sure fooled me, I used to have a very old mechanical keyboard and I chose this one because it felt exactly the same.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Gotta love my K70 :wub:

bi3QKz0.jpg

ecZNQKv.jpg

As far as I know that is a rubber dome keyboard and not a mechanical keyboard.

yes it definitely 100% rubber dome

Can I join you guys now?

45IDgZD.png

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Of course you can. Congratulation on your new mechanical keyboard and welcome to the family!

yay, I'm one of the cool ones! now to get used to the keys. Kinds feels smaller than my previous keyboard.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

yay, I'm one of the cool ones! now to get used to the keys. Kinds feels smaller than my previous keyboard.

You most definitely are!

Just give it a week and you'll feel completely comfortable with your new Ducky Shine 3. What switches did you get it with and what was your previous keyboard?

You most definitely are!

Just give it a week and you'll feel completely comfortable with your new Ducky Shine 3. What switches did you get it with and what was your previous keyboard?

Blue switches, and my previous keyboard was the Sidewinder X4

Blue switches, and my previous keyboard was the Sidewinder X4

Well the Ducky most feel smaller than the Sidewinder X4 due to the macro keys.

No wonder you have to get used to the new switches, you went from a low-profile rubber dome keyboard to a Cherry MX Blue keyboard. Again within the first week you should feel completely comfortable with the Ducky and a rubber dome keyboard will feel weird to use.

Well the Ducky most feel smaller than the Sidewinder X4 due to the macro keys.

No wonder you have to get used to the new switches, you went from a low-profile rubber dome keyboard to a Cherry MX Blue keyboard. Again within the first week you should feel completely comfortable with the Ducky and a rubber dome keyboard will feel weird to use.

Going to take some getting used to the blue light too. They only had blue switches with blue LEDs, and I am kinda fascinated with the clickity sounds of the blue.

Figured I'd upload mine :) My Ducky is pretty new loving it using it for my work computer. 

6774b2a09c0e11e3a58c124c147de396_6_zps0f

Logitech G710+

f9ea97b89c0d11e38fd8126050b2ecd3_8_zps14

Ducky DK9008P Premier Green & White Version PBT Mechanical Keyboard (Blue Cherry MX)