Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
26 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

ooo! I've only been looking in the top, which is where it used to be. Maybe I'll try to sell my board there. That being said, there aren't too many people on this forum that are interested in high cost boards, from what I've seen...

nope really very few of us that are really interested in custom keyboards. From what I have seen around here most people still think over $100 for a keyboard is crazy but oddly fine for a mouse for cost that much.

5 hours ago, Charger said:

but what about clears?

you're right, tried browns @ local store few hours ago..I'd think I like the clears more then the browns..hah!

NZXT Phantom | 990FX Sabertooth | AMD Phenom II 1090t | Phanteks PH-TC114PE | EVGA GTX 960  | Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP |

WD Caviar Black 500gb x 2WD Caviar Green 1TB  | Corsair AX650 | Creative Sound Blaster Z

2 hours ago, Charger said:

nope really very few of us that are really interested in custom keyboards. From what I have seen around here most people still think over $100 for a keyboard is crazy but oddly fine for a mouse for cost that much.

I know right! xD

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

4 hours ago, Charger said:

Unless it has the rgb'z.

I am interested in high cost boards but i have no $$ so... And no time to get a job. Oh well, i will have one nice board hopefully soon. Whenever the plates are ready.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

those cheap key caps i bought(rosewill key caps on amazon) are not all that bad! I like them so far but i do notice a minor imperfection or two. Here I am with my CMStorm Quickfire rapid! pretty happy right now!xD

keyboard selfie.jpg

17 hours ago, funkiemonk17 said:

those cheap key caps i bought(rosewill key caps on amazon) are not all that bad! I like them so far but i do notice a minor imperfection or two. Here I am with my CMStorm Quickfire rapid! pretty happy right now!xD

keyboard selfie.jpg

This photo is mirrored. It hurts my brain.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

6 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

This photo is mirrored. It hurts my brain.

no thats how things look in the southern hemisphere. 

16 hours ago, funkiemonk17 said:

no thats how things look in the southern hemisphere. 

seemslegit :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm reentering the mechanical keyboard club with my ducky mini after my tesoro excalibur spectrum broke, hi guys

So this morning, I spilled this ENTIRE MUG full of hard worked for french press coffee, which I wanted to drink so bad, all over my Black Widow Ultimate (No never got the chroma sadly)  Anyways, the whole cup went into this keyboard.  I quickly unplugged it after spam typing for a second with rage (even tho no characters showed up).  So I cleaned off my desk (which is a playing card table, cause college) and thankfully nothing else got soaked in this delicious coffee.  Anyways It wasn't working, like anyone would do, it took it apart voiding the warranty.  My fingers are still raw from prying up all the keys.  So after i got it stripped to just the green metal and PCB I set it up to a fan to dry, with low expectations.  I had to find a way to kill time and since my keyboard was already apart, I figured I'd clean it, shout out to Slim for that video! (which I had to search for by emailing the alphabet from my phone to myself then copy pasting the letters cause screw on screen keyboard).  So after that I saw the from...Just sitting there....Alone....

So with more time to spare, I walked around the block to the Lowe's right by my house, picked up some spray paint, And went at it.  I like the look, this isn't going on here for your approval just so someone else can do it with a cool idea too.  So reassembled the keyboard after the paint and PCB dried, and somehow it works.  Here you go, the picture of my finished and working "beauty."  

Original / Picture from the internet (didn't take before picture cause I wasn't expecting to spill coffee all over it)

Now (sorry for the LG G3 camera and the mess)

The Perp (yes that is the coffee I was so dearly looking forward to drinking, The picture was taken for snapchat and after it spilled I saved it from my story.)

P.S. I am colorblind, I chose blue cause my H440 is blue (I think) I would LOVE to see other people do fun stuff like this.  I will try to respond ASAP if anyone has any questions, thanks!

RZBWU_11.JPG

20160418_173705.jpg

20160418_092329.jpg

So I bought a new keyboard on eBay.

uiyd6Q1.jpg

Did I say new? I meant new to me and just for the parts. Mainly the space bar and enter key. It uses cherry MX blacks from what I understand anyways I still need for them to ship it.

3 minutes ago, VSG said:

In case anyone is interested, I made a small disassembly guide for the Corsair Strafe RGB (also non RGB Strafe, just has different processors): http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw

@TheProfosist already ripped his apart though sadly his case did not live through the process. We need the switched for a custom keyboard build lol

26 minutes ago, Charger said:

@TheProfosist already ripped his apart though sadly his case did not live through the process. We need the switched for a custom keyboard build lol

That's sad. This isn't really hard to disassemble and remove the case, although I suppose he was also de-soldering the switches as well.

1 minute ago, VSG said:

That's sad. This isn't really hard to disassemble and remove the case, although I suppose he was also de-soldering the switches as well.

ya it was basically never going to go back together anyways. He bought the keyboard just to take the switches from it.

On 4/18/2016 at 5:36 PM, Charger said:

So I bought a new keyboard on eBay.

uiyd6Q1.jpg

Did I say new? I meant new to me and just for the parts. Mainly the space bar and enter key. It uses cherry MX blacks from what I understand anyways I still need for them to ship it.

I thought that was a XLR cable on it for a second and was all like WTF is going on! lol That is actually an AT connector meaning that keyboard is still fully viable on a modern system.

6 hours ago, Charger said:

I should really be far more on top of posting my shit shouldnt I. I took that apart months ago...

6 hours ago, VSG said:

In case anyone is interested, I made a small disassembly guide for the Corsair Strafe RGB (also non RGB Strafe, just has different processors): http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw

see the indent above the F-row below the top of the case that runs the full length of the board? That part cause me great trouble and was very annoying. No reason for it to be there either.

Also not to be whatever but you missed the fancy hidden button that was under one of the feet from what I can tell.

6 hours ago, Charger said:

ya it was basically never going to go back together anyways. He bought the keyboard just to take the switches from it.

I could have been more careful but I really didnt have to be. The PCB and plate are still fine and will get sent to @Charger if he still wants them. And yes I killed a brand new $150+ board to get its exclusive switches which some people cant deal with (no im not saying you guys). People at work thought I was crazy.

3 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

I thought that was a XLR cable on it for a second and was all like WTF is going on! lol That is actually an AT connector meaning that keyboard is still fully viable on a modern system.

I should really be far more on top of posting my shit shouldnt I. I took that apart months ago...

see the indent above the F-row below the top of the case that runs the full length of the board? That part cause me great trouble and was very annoying. No reason for it to be there either.

Also not to be whatever but you missed the fancy hidden button that was under one of the feet from what I can tell.

I could have been more careful but I really didnt have to be. The PCB and plate are still fine and will get sent to @Charger if he still wants them. And yes I killed a brand new $150+ board to get its exclusive switches which some people cant deal with (no im not saying you guys). People at work thought I was crazy.

ya I know at is kind of just really large ps2. The keyboard even has an at xt switch on it.

ya I will still take it maybe I can do something with it.

3 hours ago, TheProfosist said:

I didn't have any trouble with the indent myself. I started from the bottom and went to both sides and then used a small flathead driver which worked great. 

Which screws are you talking about? I got both under the rubber pads on the bottom, and if I missed any they clearly do nothing since I was able to disassemble the board till the PCB. 

Ugh I am unable to save my edit on mobile for whatever reason so excuse the double post. Please ignore that second line above, I misread what you meant. 

If you can help point where I missed the button (not screws lol) I can add it to the album. Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, VSG said:

Ugh I am unable to save my edit on mobile for whatever reason so excuse the double post. Please ignore that second line above, I misread what you meant. 

If you can help point where I missed the button (not screws lol) I can add it to the album. Thanks! 

i'm told there is a hole under one of the feet to hit it however looking at the bottom of your pcb I don't see a switch but I do see solder pad and mask that looks like it is for it by the controller in the top left of the back of the keyboard pcb next to the usb cable connection.

1 hour ago, VSG said:

Edits on mobile have to have the page refreshed after posting or the edit wont save. Or rotate the phone to portrait. Not even joking, mortis and I worked out the details of the "saving edit right after posting" bug

1 minute ago, VSG said:

This is getting ridiculous, now the quote system is completely broken for me on mobile and desktop.

@Charger Yeah, I thought maybe I missed the reset button that I saw on some K70 models, but I can't see anything yet.

yep forum works great doesn't it lol.

im guessing they are cheaping out at just not putting it any more.