Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
6 minutes ago, VSG said:

@iamdarkyoshi It's happening on desktop for me too now :)

@Charger NVM, I found it. I will add this to the album shortly.

Desktop and mobile landscape suffer the issue. Mobile portrait is the only one that will let you edit right after posting

18 hours ago, Charger said:

ya I know at is kind of just really large ps2. The keyboard even has an at xt switch on it.

ya I will still take it maybe I can do something with it.

you going to use it for a bit before you take it apart?

kk

15 hours ago, VSG said:

That's weird, but good to know.

@Charger @TheProfosist I got the images added now, and thanks! That reset button was sneakily hidden from view unless you moved the black piece aside.

lol was going to reply yep I was a neat find when I pulled it apart your pics were quite through and that was the only thing you missed. the rest of the stuf youd have to desolder to see.

I replaced the tramp stamp sticker and Keycaps on my K70 and I think it turned out great! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

5 minutes ago, dditty said:

I replaced the tramp stamp sticker and Keycaps on my K70 and I think it turned out great! 

max key caps I see. Is it just me or are they super tight on the stems and a bit of a bitch to remove?

3 minutes ago, Charger said:

max key caps I see. Is it just me or are they super tight on the stems and a bit of a bitch to remove?

Yeah they are pretty annoying to remove, but to be fair I am using the Max keycaps included puller and not a wire one. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fKvV3C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 5820K | MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2666mhz | EVGA Titan X Hybrid | Fractal Design Define R5 | Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD | Samsung 850-EVO Series 250GB SSD | Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair AX860 | Acer Predator XB270HU | Corsair H100i GTX | Corsair K70 RGB w/Cherry MX Browns | Corsair M65 RGB | Audio-Technica ATH-M50X | Windows 10 |

8 minutes ago, dditty said:

Yeah they are pretty annoying to remove, but to be fair I am using the Max keycaps included puller and not a wire one. 

well I have broken 3 aftermarket clear switch tops removing 3 caps lol I think I even pulled apart one normal switch with them.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:49 PM, VSG said:

In case anyone is interested, I made a small disassembly guide for the Corsair Strafe RGB (also non RGB Strafe, just has different processors): http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw

What are the exact SMD size / RGB LED part #'s on that board?

Are they 3528s?  3216'? 1206?

20 minutes ago, Falkentyne said:

I knew you would ask this in one of the places I posted this :)

Unfortunately, here again I will have to defer to your knowledge here. Can I find out without de-soldering? This is a test sample I will need for some other things in the future and as such I can't do anything that might affect the functionality of the board. If you can let me know, I will do all I can sans de-soldering.

Alternatively, I can bug Corsair contacts and see if they can provide the info.

1 minute ago, VSG said:

Unfortunately, here again I will have to defer to your knowledge here. Can I find out without de-soldering? This is a test sample I will need for some other things in the future and as such I can't do anything that might affect the functionality of the board. If you can let me know, I will do all I can sans de-soldering.

nope I say ask @TheProfosist seeing as he has desoldered the switches lol

2 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

1 hour ago, Charger said:

nope I say ask @TheProfosist seeing as he has desoldered the switches lol

1 hour ago, VSG said:

This would be very helpful.

so you guys are telling me you want me to go through those pictures... grrrr

Just now, TheProfosist said:

so you guys are telling me you want me to go through those pictures... grrrr

yes... yes we are

or take some new ones lol

3 hours ago, dditty said:

not a wire keypuller? #eww  goona mark up those caps like mad!

3 hours ago, Charger said:

well I have broken 3 aftermarket clear switch tops removing 3 caps lol I think I even pulled apart one normal switch with them.

:( I mean they are rather brittle but still...

10 minutes ago, Charger said:

yes... yes we are

or take some new ones lol

far easier to just send you the PCB or plate

17 minutes ago, VSG said:

We all love you, @TheProfosist :D

do you now...

3 hours ago, VSG said:

Yes you can.  The SMD is labeled by the size in mm.

Example: the Ducky Shine 5 has been proven (tested by a Chinese tester, inwaishe), to use 3528 SMD RGB LED's, but the luminosity value is unknown.

http://www.rapidonline.com/electronic-components/truopto-3528-plcc4-smd-rgb-leds-common-cathode-white-diffused-lens-546349

Someone hinted that the Corsair might use 3216 (1206) SMD RGB's although this is still unproven.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000PCS-1206-3216-SMD-SMT-RGB-Red-Green-Blue-Light-4Pin-Common-Anode-LED-/381058071131

The easiest thing to tell by eye contact is if they used diffused or clear lens.

Maybe you can inspect how it looks, maybe measure the size in mm and then try to compare with online searches.

For example:

3528 SMD RGB's are 3.5mm by 2.8mm.

That's how 3528 name comes from.

1 minute ago, Falkentyne said:

Example: the Ducky Shine 5 has been proven (tested by a Chinese tester, inwaishe), to use 3528 SMD RGB LED's, but the luminosity value is unknown.

http://www.rapidonline.com/electronic-components/truopto-3528-plcc4-smd-rgb-leds-common-cathode-white-diffused-lens-546349

Someone hinted that the Corsair might use 3216 (1206) SMD RGB's although this is still unproven.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000PCS-1206-3216-SMD-SMT-RGB-Red-Green-Blue-Light-4Pin-Common-Anode-LED-/381058071131

The easiest thing to tell by eye contact is if they used diffused or clear lens.

Maybe you can inspect how it looks, maybe measure the size in mm and then try to compare with online searches.

For example:

and how is he going to check that with out desoldering the switches?

1 minute ago, Falkentyne said:

For example:

This is great info, as usual from you. My question is, however, how to measure the LED size when they are under the switch and between the plate and the switch? Or am I being a doofus here and missing something obvious? If you could take a look at the album here: http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw, and tell me where to look for I will get to this in a few hours.

1 minute ago, VSG said:

This is great info, as usual from you. My question is, however, how to measure the LED size when they are under the switch and between the plate and the switch? Or am I being a doofus here and missing something obvious? If you could take a look at the album here: http://imgur.com/a/NTmbw, and tell me where to look for I will get to this in a few hours.

just yell at @TheProfosist to do it since he already has it desoldered lol

12 minutes ago, VSG said:

Clearly showing affection at him didn't work. Time for the stick to replace the carrot then? :D

well he de-soldered the switched back in February so he clearly isn't that fast at getting info out about them since he was going to post pictures back then and never did.

1 minute ago, Charger said:

well he de-soldered the switched back in February so he clearly isn't that fast at getting info out about them since he was going to post pictures back then and never did.

I mean I only have 200GB+ of pictures to go through. Which doesnt take any time at all.

I have recently join the world of owning a mechcanical keyboard with the G170 (blue switches) and I really love the feel and clicks to it. I wanted a clicky switch and I wasn't going to get the overpriced Razer one RGB or not (I just needed a backlight for those late night gaming sessions). The wrist rest that came with it was the icing on the cake. I'm not a fan of the glossy plastic around the switches and media controls but it's not a deal breaker to me. This fourm has been pretty cool so far better than Youtube comments (if you get what i mean). Hope to find like minded people and talk tech!

Spoiler

CPU i7 6700k @ 4.0 ghz Motherboard ASUS B150 Gaming/Aura RAM Crucial 32Gb (4x8GB) DDR4- 2133 DIMM GPU EVGA GeFore GTX 980 Ti GAMING ACX 2.0 Case Zalman Z-1 Storage WD Purple 2TB + Samsung EVO 250GB SSD PSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B 

5 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

I mean I only have 200GB+ of pictures to go through. Which doesnt take any time at all.

well someone takes to many photos and never looks at them clearly lol