Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
2 hours ago, Charger said:

you had me confused for a bit with cherry and trope in that statement lol

its a beautiful looking set its just not a set I would really want that much, I like the GMK Sky Dolch colors but it doesn't have nearly as much character as the Hana DSA you just got which is something I like about them

lol Sorry "Cherry Blossom Pink" is a color of Topre Realforce Keycaps, one of the best colors they offered if you ask me.

I think its a nice set and itll probably go on my KMAC Happy and KPad combo for some since those are and will likely stay my daily drivers. I do have teh Macross DSA set for them which I do quite like but I pulled them off for cleaning and put on this super cheap ABS black on dark grey set. I oddly came with with a compatible 7x space bottom row but no stepped caps or short right shift.

I have not typed on DSA for some time but its not my favorite from what i recall. I think they just did it on the Hana set so that it would be compatible with more boards. I should soon be trying out DSA again since my KMAC Original has a DSA Retro set that i think goes really well with it. Its got modified 65g gold spring green switches with maroon stickers. I have a custom 4 color braided micro B cable that matches it near perfectly as well. This is the board where I tried the trampoline mod on clicky switches which I have never seen before.

2 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

lol Sorry "Cherry Blossom Pink" is a color of Topre Realforce Keycaps, one of the best colors they offered if you ask me.

I think its a nice set and itll probably go on my KMAC Happy and KPad combo for some since those are and will likely stay my daily drivers. I do have teh Macross DSA set for them which I do quite like but I pulled them off for cleaning and put on this super cheap ABS black on dark grey set. I oddly came with with a compatible 7x space bottom row but no stepped caps or short right shift.

I have not typed on DSA for some time but its not my favorite from what i recall. I think they just did it on the Hana set so that it would be compatible with more boards. I should soon be trying out DSA again since my KMAC Original has a DSA Retro set that i think goes really well with it. Its got modified 65g gold spring green switches with maroon stickers. I have a custom 4 color braided micro B cable that matches it near perfectly as well. This is the board where I tried the trampoline mod on clicky switches which I have never seen before.

Ya it just took me a second to connect cherry blossom in my head to realize what you were saying. 

I tend to like the look of a dsa set and im used to a flat profile keycap because of the tg3 data911 caps. I didnt really care for the macross set but we both know why you bought that set lol

12 hours ago, Charger said:
11 minutes ago, Charger said:

Ya it just took me a second to connect cherry blossom in my head to realize what you were saying. 

I tend to like the look of a dsa set and im used to a flat profile keycap because of the tg3 data911 caps. I didnt really care for the macross set but we both know why you bought that set lol

I can understand that. Also forgot to say that's whay you buy both ;):P finally made sure all my caps made it all right from massdrop. I think they'll look sexy on the TGR-Jane. 

As for the macross caps I like them I like macross and they were like the first caps to match my dual aramid armor USB cables I use for my KMAC Happy and KPad 

12 hours ago, Charger said:

On another note for some reason my favorite keycap profile to date is OEM so when I find nice keycaps in that profile I guess pumped. I'm likely look down upon for this in the greater keyboard community but it's worth it :P

CM Quickfire TK.

Cherry MX Blues

Numpad but, squished in to the arrow keys/numpad toggle.

personally I'm finding the blues great for in game use imo.

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

UPDATE** I found some Rosewill keys on amazon for like 15 dollars, should be in Tuesday. They are green which is awesome to me, anyway i'll post pics once they are installed, should I prepare for the worst? or did i just get lucky? find out Tuesday!

Waiting is the worst.

At least Zeal is shipping out the orders amazingly fast, its just I ordered late, so my switches should ship out this week some time.

Whenever they ship out ill contact the plate maker and see whats happening with them.

And my pretty keycaps will take a while

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/granite-keycap-set?utm_source=sendgrid&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Transactional:+Joined+Drop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So after not letting linus’s review of the logitec g910 put me off i purchased the keyboard and i am absolutely loving the key caps and switches are great for when I am gaming and i have not noticed that I type any slower than with a regular keycap or any less accurately for that matter so if anyone is thinking of getting one but feeling pout off id say do it.

If anything I would say my typing speed has increased and my accuracy has got the better (they are definitely quicker than my cherry mx brown keyboards).

I also have a roccat pro mechanical gaming keyboard with cherry mx browns the romer g switches are much nicer.

7 hours ago, doinurmop said:

CM Quickfire TK.

Cherry MX Blues

Numpad but, squished in to the arrow keys/numpad toggle.

personally I'm finding the blues great for in game use imo.

Whoever said blues were bad for gaming is stupid. No switch is better or worse for a specific purpose. For the most part it's all just personal preference. 

2 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

Whoever said blues were bad for gaming is stupid. No switch is better or worse for a specific purpose. For the most part it's all just personal preference. 

Mhm, I don't remember how reds feel, but I god damn love the click and overall feel of the blues, 

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

1 hour ago, RickyCataldo said:

So after not letting linus’s review of the logitec g910 put me off i purchased the keyboard and i am absolutely loving the key caps and switches are great for when I am gaming and i have not noticed that I type any slower than with a regular keycap or any less accurately for that matter so if anyone is thinking of getting one but feeling pout off id say do it.

If anything I would say my typing speed has increased and my accuracy has got the better (they are definitely quicker than my cherry mx brown keyboards).

I also have a roccat pro mechanical gaming keyboard with cherry mx browns the romer g switches are much nicer.

I'm sorry but the stock angular caps on the G910 are horrible. If you finger lands off center at all its very awkward. There is a reason they made standard caps available and the G910 and G910 have standard caps out of the box. 

29 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

any switch works but blues do feel odd to me when gaming because of the rest and they kind of feel like they hang up when releasing them slowly. I do game with them fine its just not my top pick for gaming.

26 minutes ago, TheProfosist said:

I'm sorry but the stock angular caps on the G910 are horrible. If you finger lands off center at all its very awkward. There is a reason they made standard caps available and the G910 and G910 have standard caps out of the box. 

I messed with one on display before and really didn't mind the caps that much however it isnt like I own one or used one for really anything so no idea how they are in real use.

im going to assume you didnt mean they are all the g910 lol

This just came in today:

IMG_20160411_115945735.jpg

(Pok3r)

Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet, I had to go to class right after it arrived, but overall it seems really nice. Really heavy due to the aluminum body, which I expected, but I didn't expect how heavy it would actually be. 

There are some issues, though they aren't related to the quality of the keyboard itself. I ordered the non-backlit version with clears, but received backlit one with blues. Im fine with the backlit, I was planning on replacing the keycaps soon anyway and I only chose the non-backlit because it was less expensive, but I'm not sure if I want to return it or not because of the blues.

I got it for a pretty good discount through Amazon Warehouse, so knew something like this might happen. I like the blues, but it's not really what I was expecting to get. I'll probably use it for a while and see if the blues grow on me.

Yes, zealios shipped!

Should arrive within 2 days!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

7 hours ago, doinurmop said:

Mhm, I don't remember how reds feel, but I god damn love the click and overall feel of the blues, 

the sound of blues is the best thing ever, i'm even considering spending some of my own money to get one for work. I might skimp and order something cheap with kailh switches though. 

1 hour ago, funkiemonk17 said:

the sound of blues is the best thing ever, i'm even considering spending some of my own money to get one for work. I might skimp and order something cheap with kailh switches though. 

Actually, I was quite prejudiced against Kailh switches, I've since changed my mind after actually buying and using a board with Kailh Blue (this does NOT apply to Razer switches which I'll ALWAYS dislike). My Armaggeddon MKA-5R TKL RGB board with Kailh Blue is responsible for this change of heart. I've been using it constantly and it feels like a Cherry Blue, perhaps a mild difference in the 'tock' when struck. I'd gotten it because it's RGB and TKL, and cost less than Cherry MX RGB TKL's from the established brands. I love the brushed aluminum top plate on the KB......a feature I don't think any of the other established brands has.

I'm using a HHKB 2 on my main rig, a Leopold FC660M MX Clear on my 2nd rig (now outta commission, the mobo is in Taiwan for repairs), on my FX8350 rig, I'm using the Armaggeddon MKA-5R, and on my Phenom II 1100T rig, I've just swapped out my YoTH MX Green for my KBP V6000 MX Green.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Dhl is fast. My zealios are on the truck, set to deliver today!

But no plates yet...

876KGRL.jpg

welcomed the pok3r into the family. both are MX blues with pok3r being blacks...time to convince myself I need browns/greens next and I'll be set

NZXT Phantom | 990FX Sabertooth | AMD Phenom II 1090t | Phanteks PH-TC114PE | EVGA GTX 960  | Corsair Vengeance 8GB LP |

WD Caviar Black 500gb x 2WD Caviar Green 1TB  | Corsair AX650 | Creative Sound Blaster Z

13 minutes ago, takonic said:

welcomed the pok3r into the family. both are MX blues with pok3r being blacks...time to convince myself I need browns/greens next and I'll be set

but what about clears?

They arrived. But I'm not home yet

41 minutes ago, spwath said:

They arrived. But I'm not home yet

So now you need the plates. I thought you were getting them over a month ago

27 minutes ago, Charger said:

So now you need the plates. I thought you were getting them over a month ago

Yeah, well you said it yourself earlier in this thread, people work slow when they are not getting paid.

I like the trampoline mod. It feels really interesting. And yet, I'm trying to sell this board xD

Does LTT still have a classifieds, or did that get removed with the update due to its lack of use?

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

11 minutes ago, KaminKevCrew said:

I like the trampoline mod. It feels really interesting. And yet, I'm trying to sell this board xD

Does LTT still have a classifieds, or did that get removed with the update due to its lack of use?

i think it got turned into a subforum 

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/89-classifieds/

46 minutes ago, Charger said:

i think it got turned into a subforum 

https://linustechtips.com/main/forum/89-classifieds/

ooo! I've only been looking in the top, which is where it used to be. Maybe I'll try to sell my board there. That being said, there aren't too many people on this forum that are interested in high cost boards, from what I've seen...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)