Big IT Company in China offer 10TB free cloud storage

Maxirou

Source:http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/30/tencent-10-tb-cloud-storage-offer/

BTW, Tencent is HUGE in China, their service like QQ(IM software but it is more than that) is dominating the market.

Just got my 10TB free storage, wanted to share with you guys.

Only downside is upload speed is kind slow(maybe because the fact I am in Australia)

Happy with my 3TB I  get for free from my NAS that you can access from anywhere.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Waw good to see "some" competition around cloudstorage but how about the quality of the service, you know when a HDD in that server dies and all your files are there... 

But at the other hands great article  ;)

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Im happy with my 1gb key stick.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Who really thinks they'd utilise 10TB of cloud storage though? I remember I used to think more terabytes more better but then I realised; aside from my Steam library, I really only have maybe 100GB MAX of really important stuff I wouldn't want to lose. All my uni work is backed up on Skydrive anyway.

Not flaming OP for grabbing the 10TB, just wondering what/why everyone on here would use it for

I will stick with Google Docs

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Eh, I've got plenty of cloud storage without resorting to something that seems too good to be true coming out of a Chinese company and requiring downloads of multiple things...

Not that I legitimately think it's a scam, just that I have no use for the space I already have so I'm not going to bother.

Who really thinks they'd utilise 10TB of cloud storage though? I remember I used to think more terabytes more better but then I realised; aside from my Steam library, I really only have maybe 100GB MAX of really important stuff I wouldn't want to lose. All my uni work is backed up on Skydrive anyway.

Not flaming OP for grabbing the 10TB, just wondering what/why everyone on here would use it for

Maybe u do YouTube videos or even just videos like movies or maybe your a photographer there's heaps of reasons 10tb isn't really that much when u have uncompressed video

5 years ago: who would fill up an 8GB stick? Nuff said.

Also I would use it for videos if the internet was fast enough... no need to carry around drives, just download from the cloud wherever I go and edit away!

Uh, I don't trust anyone with my storage, so why would I even consider using a Chinese service?

5 years ago: who would fill up an 8GB stick? Nuff said.

Also I would use it for videos if the internet was fast enough... no need to carry around drives, just download from the cloud wherever I go and edit away!

I'd have filled up an 8GB stick haha. Internet really has to catch up for large amounts of cloud storage to be practical

Well, all the text on their site is contained in an image, so it can't be translated, plus I don't trust a company I don't know sh*t about, so thanks but no thanks...

Quite happy with my 142gb on Copy.com :D

Just made a 15gb account... thanks!  :D  :lol:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers