Why is Malwarebytes so Popular among Techies?

Aleksbgbg

What makes it so popular? Everywhere on this site I see malwarebytes recommended.

Is it just good?

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Well it works and people have had experience with it (I assume). I like it too, it has a nice malware scanner

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I r8 8/8 cuz it's gr8 m8

And, FREE

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

I like malwarebytes because I came from AVG and that program has not improved over the years. Malwarebytes is sufficient and is free. 

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

It's a very effective program that's free.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

its free and it works

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's free and decent.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Works

Even my gran can run it

Easy install

Clean ui

No "upgrade now" bullshit (Cough Norton Cough)

It does it's job well.

and when combined with an application like BitDefender, you'll be able to abolish any nasty programs pretty quickly.

Because the vast majority of other antivirus and anti-malware programs are pretty much cancer, especially considering Malwarebytes is free. MWB hasn't gotten to that stage quite yet, which is why it's used more often.

CCleaner would be in the same boat as Malwarebytes, but it's not really in the same category of software so it's not really applicable. CCleaner is what clears up the residual stuff that's left behind after an AV program does its thing.

What makes it so popular? Everywhere on this site I see malwarebytes recommended.

Is it just good?

Cause it's one of the few Anti-Malware software that actually detects and removes hidden malware. I personally scan my computer and laptops with it every couple months.

It works great, it's easy to use and by the way did anyone mention that it's free.

Forgive me El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education...

CCleaner would be in the same boat as Malwarebytes, but it's not really in the same category of software so it's not really applicable. CCleaner is what clears up the residual stuff that's left behind after an AV program does its thing.

CCleaner just cleans up junk files in general. I don't even know what you mean with it cleaning up files after AV's do their thing - they shouldn't be leaving anything behind after removing things.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

CCleaner just cleans up junk files in general. I don't even know what you mean with it cleaning up files after AV's do their thing - they shouldn't be leaving anything behind after removing things.

Registry errors are left behind in droves when removing programs from computers in general, from what I've seen. Sure, it's a general-use program, but I've used it to clear up all the stuff left over from things like annoying toolbars and browser hijackers. There's a lot of crap that a lot of AV software doesn't clear out.

Registry errors are little things, but let them pile up and they can be the difference between a stable machine and a slow, unresponsive grandma's computer.

[removed]

In my experience, junk left behind in the registry is a non-issue.

And it's a life time license, if you did want to spend your money, it's absolutely worth the investment.

Edit: Oh, I guess they changed that. I bought it several years ago and mine's a life time.

.. am I the only one with malwarebytes and norton? .3.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.