Girl problems...

spwath

OK, so i have some problems.

I really like this girl, see my other topic here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439524-girls/

But that was months ago, and I still have done nothing.

I really like her, and I feel my feelings are growing.

But IDK, I can never get the courage to ask her out, because I dont want to make it akward if it doesnt work.

She is on my ski team at school, and she is in 12th grade, im in 11th.

Like I really like her, and have caught myself just staring at the back of her head, thinking.

And a few times I have employed some conscious effort to not kiss her.

Ideas of what I can do/how to get over my fear of asking her out?
I have never asked anyone out before.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Start speaking. Don't even ask her out, just start speaking like you're going to. Once it's started you can't stop and just go through with it.

You do know there are sites out there for this exact thing?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

creepy AF dude. but think of this. you dont like just thinking about and want it to be real. so you ahve to ask her. besides getting turned down isn't bad at all idc why people get so worried about that 

ight so lets do some complex analysis okay.

first, why do you like her?

if its her physical appearances that goes directly against your mad philosophical signature quote "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters."

okay so heres what ive found

if you really like her its for who she really is and if this is the case it should just feel right, natural, and this shouldn't be all too hard.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

show her your setup and l33t gaming chair

I pray for you brother, no one on this forum has made it close to a girl, like you

My chair was 5$ at a garage sale :)

You do know there are sites out there for this exact thing?

Yes

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

bro become friends with her and hope to whatever higher power you believe in that you don't get stuck in the friend zone. But it's not that bad if you're friends with certain girls if ya know what I mean  :P

creepy AF dude. but think of this. you dont like just thinking about and want it to be real. so you ahve to ask her. besides getting turned down isn't bad at all idc why people get so worried about that 

I do relize my post may have come of as creepy.  ;)

I see your point, my fear is something would happen to mess up our current freindship

ight so lets do some complex analysis okay.

first, why do you like her?

if its her physical appearances that goes directly against your mad philosophical signature quote "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters."

okay so heres what ive found

if you really like her its for who she really is and if this is the case it should just feel right, natural, and this shouldn't be all too hard.

No, its both. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside.

Its just I have never done this before, i have always chickend out

Put on your classiest fedora and show her your dakimakura

Your "feelings" are growing, eh? Riiiiiight... You know it never ceases to amaze me how many people come on this website seeking relationship advice. You do realize we're all nerds like you right? If you needed your house painted would you intentionally seek out the least experienced person, and employ a five year old finger painter to do it? No? So why would you intentionally ask advice from people who for the most part can't even help themselves in this matter? If you seriously cared about getting advice for this, you would find a more qualified community, or person to help you, leading me to believe that your just trying to seek attention.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

I do relize my post may have come of as creepy.  ;)

I see your point, my fear is something would happen to mess up our current freindship

nah most girls i know at least are cool. i had a best friend in 10th grade me and her would hang out we could even cuddle and hold hands at school and i asked her out because i thought we where pretty much dating (we never kissed) and she told me she just wants to be friends and we were still the same way holding hands and stuff after she said no. its weird i know.

I pray for you brother, no one on this forum has made it close to a girl, like you

Isn't @Andrew Storlie a father?

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Your "feelings" are growing, eh? Riiiiiight... You know it never ceases to amaze me how many people come on this website seeking relationship advice. You do realize we're all nerds like you right? If you needed your house painted would you intentionally seek out the least experienced person, and employ a five year old finger painter to do it? No? So why would you intentionally ask advice from people who for the most part can't even help themselves in this matter? If you seriously cared about getting advice for this, you would find a more qualified community, or person to help you, leading me to believe that your just trying to seek attention.

I see your point, but dissagree.

nah most girls i know at least are cool. i had a best friend in 10th grade me and her would hang out we could even cuddle and hold hands at school and i asked her out because i thought we where pretty much dating (we never kissed) and she told me she just wants to be friends and we were still the same way holding hands and stuff after she said no. its weird i know.

Thats interesting.

Yeah, i guess it probably wouldent mess things up...

Im just very nervous

not to be critical, but you just told thousands of strangers your feelings, but can not

talk to the person you personally know the same thing.. just talk to her. ask her out,

not for a relationship, sex or freakish crap, just a friend date. this can measure up

your closeness, her point in what makes the relationship and where you are at just

being with her. you are making it harder and challenging your nerves more than

needs to. it is not like she's gunna shank you because you asked her out.

Thats interesting.

Im just very nervous

you'll be fine. i mean dont ask her out if your not close friends. you'd have to be closer than just acquaintances to even ask her out 

It took me way too long to figure out this one girl. Best advice you can follow is just strike up a conversation with her you will tell instantly if you even have a chance by the way that she talks with you and the way she behaves around you. When you do get her make a move...

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

just jump in and try not to think about it. the more you think about it the more you hesitate. the next time you see her just do it.

Thats interesting.

Im just very nervous

You disagree? Mind stating why? Not trying to cause a flame war, but I find your lack of a response very telling. If there's some part of what I said that you is mistaken, then I'd be curious to hear it. Otherwise, I think it kinda confirms my whole "seeking attention" claim. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean if you find your fellow nerds desperately scrambling to answer your questions on a subject out of their grasp as entertaining as I do, then I can't blame ya. But own up to it at least. It's kinda hard to argue that your seeking out the least qualified people to answer the question here...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!