How loud is the intel haswell stock cooler?

ComputerNoob

So i have a intel stock cooler, which i want to replace, since it is bothering me alot. For me, it is way too loud.

So i am wondering, how many dbA is the stock cooler on idle and on load? Does anyone know that? 

Reason why i am asking is because i am considering a new cooler (coolermaster tx3 evo) which is 17-30 dbA, so i want to know if it will make a big difference.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

The one that came with my 3570K was rather quiet.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

elchim-2001-professional-hair-dryer-elch

this is an approximation.

haha, well i know that myself, i just want to know how many god damn dbA the thing is!  Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Cpu: Intel core i5 4570 gpu: gtx 770 case: cm storm enforcer psu: xfx pro 550w motherboard: asus b85m-g ssd: samsung 120gb hdd: wd caviar blue 1tb ram: kingston hyperx blu 8gb 1600mhz mouse: razer deathadder monitor: some decent samsung 19" keyboard: CM Storm TK Blue

The one that came with my 3570K was rather quiet.

Well then you are either really lucky, really deaf, or i am  just unlucky.

Well then you are either really lucky, really deaf, or i am  just unlucky.

Most likely just luck.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

haha, well i know that myself, i just want to know how many god damn dbA the thing is!  Can't seem to find it anywhere.

I can't either after looking, but at max load it will sound similar, if you're not overclocking and have good airflow in your case you can probably get away with stock, but on load it will probably sound similar to a 100% fan speed graphics card. Take that as roughly 28-32 dBA range.

Error: 410

I can't either after looking, but at max load it will sound similar, if you're not overclocking and have good airflow in your case you can probably get away with stock, but on load it will probably sound similar to a 100% fan speed graphics card. Take that as roughly 28-32 dBA range.

Really? To me it is really loud, even when it is at idle. I just wish intel published numbers of how many dbA the cooler it.

Really? To me it is really loud, even when it is at idle. I just wish intel published numbers of how many dbA the cooler it.

Maybe they're too embarrassed to display the dBA.

Maybe they're too embarrassed to display the dBA.

Well in that case, you have a kraken x60, are you using stock fans on them, can you hear them? They are 21-37 dbA.

Well in that case, you have a kraken x60, are you using stock fans on them, can you hear them? They are 21-37 dbA.

I'm using Corsair AF fans on the rad. Yes I know, not pressure optimized. But they work.  They're on high and I can hear them but they're not like extremely loud.

I'm using Corsair AF fans on the rad. Yes I know, not pressure optimized. But they work.  They're on high and I can hear them but they're not like extremely loud.

quiet or performance?

quiet or performance?

Quiet. They advertise 21dBA.

the one came with my 3570k was also quiet too i only noticed bit of humming under load (with cpu running 1.20v 4.3Ghz) i havent noticed that much of an improvement when i upgraded it to hyper212 evo at sound side

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

On a scale of 0 to Xbox 360 its around the ps3 noise level.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

the one came with my 3570k was also quiet too i only noticed bit of humming under load (with cpu running 1.20v 4.3Ghz) i havent noticed that much of an improvement when i upgraded it to hyper212 evo at sound side

i guess haswell are louder then ivy bridge? Or maybe it is because i have a 4570

From personal experience (i5-3330), it was pretty quiet and all that but I never stress tested to see how loud it would get. On idle/gaming I did not hear it. However I upgraded to a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus shortly after for lower temperatures. I'm pretty sure all the stock coolers are the same from ivy to haswell.

i guess haswell are louder then ivy bridge? Or maybe it is because i have a 4570

It's the same deal. As long as you have proper case airflow, the stock fan doesn't even have to spin up that much. I built a system in a Tempest 210 and the intel stock fan slowed to a crawl, a fully overclocked 7850 had the fan turn off and only up to 30% in furmark, and the temps were still good.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's the same deal. As long as you have proper case airflow, the stock fan doesn't even have to spin up that much. I built a system in a Tempest 210 and the intel stock fan slowed to a crawl, a fully overclocked 7850 had the fan turn off and only up to 30% in furmark, and the temps were still good.

Well is there a program, that lets you control the speed of the cpu cooler, like msi afterburner but for cpu?

Well is there a program, that lets you control the speed of the cpu cooler, like msi afterburner but for cpu?

The bios.

--There's also speedfan but I've never gotten around to figuring that out.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The bios.

--There's also speedfan but I've never gotten around to figuring that out.

Well i have found out that i derped, and now i can not go into bios. I set the asus logo thing to 0 seconds expecting that i could always just spam the button, but no. If i spam the button i just get into advanced options of windows... Also i can not get speedfan to work.

Well i have found out that i derped, and now i can not go into bios. I set the asus logo thing to 0 seconds expecting that i could always just spam the button, but no. If i spam the button i just get into advanced options of windows... Also i can not get speedfan to work.

You should still be able to get into the bios. I think you're pressing the wrong key.

I generally just spam F9-F12, Delete, and Enter to see which works.

You should still be able to get into the bios. I think you're pressing the wrong key.

I generally just spam F9-F12, Delete, and Enter to see which works.

Well i know before i did that stupid thing, it was f1 or delete i am pretty sure, but i will try again.

Well i know before i did that stupid thing, it was f1 or delete i am pretty sure, but i will try again.

ecf0f9c5edbfff99e29a6ed1a8192d2a.png

ecf0f9c5edbfff99e29a6ed1a8192d2a.png

actually it was f2, is there a way to set the speed completely in the bios instead of max and low limit?