Does Asus' STRIX GTX 960 include an SLI-bridge?

Ovidios
Go to solution Solved by the jolly roger,

no, no nvidia gpu includes an SLI bridge, only the motherboard includes it (if it is SLI compatible)

Are you asking this so you can SLI 960 STRIXs?

If so, please don't.

And no, I don't think it does.

I used to be quite active here.

no, no nvidia gpu includes an SLI bridge, only the motherboard includes it (if it is SLI compatible)

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Motherboards come with an SLI bridge if they support the technology natively. NVIDIA cards never come with an SLI bridge - certain ones might, but it's an exception to the rule.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If so, please don't.

I feared someone would write this... I just already had a 960 and didn't really want to sell it.

Seemed like a logical step to me... :c

Motherboards come with an SLI bridge if they support the technology natively. NVIDIA cards never come with an SLI bridge - certain ones might, but it's an exception to the rule.

my card came with an sli bridge i guess its the exception to that rule (its the exception to a lot of rules)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Also, I checked my motherboard's box and there was, indeed, an SLI-bridge in there! Thanks y'all!

my card came with an sli bridge i guess its the exception to that rule (its the exception to a lot of rules)

Yeah, most cards don't come with an SLI bridge. What card did you purchase?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yeah, most cards don't come with an SLI bridge. What card did you purchase?

in my sig asus 780 6gb first and probably the best strix (came before strix cards had their issues)

in my sig asus 780 6gb first and probably the best strix (came before strix cards had their issues)

I bet it wasn't a standard bridge and it was one of these: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/

Am I right?

I feared someone would write this... I just already had a 960 and didn't really want to sell it.

Seemed like a logical step to me... :c

Well, they won't suck in SLI, the problem is the fact that it'll be two low power cards in SLI. You'll get all of the inherent problems with SLI (increased power draw, louder, microstutter.. some games don't support SLI so then you'll be stuck with just one 960) AND when you have to upgrade, you will have to replace two cards.

I can't tell you to not do it, but it makes more sense to just upgrade it if you really want more power.

You could upgrade to the overpriced 980 and get a big performance boost, or get an R9 390X (about the price of two 960's) and get a bit less of a boost, or get an R9 Fury. If you want just a bit of a boost you could get a 970 or R9 390.

If so, please don't.

SLI GTX 960 owner here, these things kick ass.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

I bet it wasn't a standard bridge and it was one of these: https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/

Am I right?

nope. One of the brown crap ones. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Am I right?

kind of it was a previous version of it just had the rog logo on a standard (hard) bridge 

nope. One of the brown crap ones. 

Yeah, I just looked up a review of the card. The review had one of the brown ones - one that doesn't match the color scheme of the card.

SLI GTX 960 owner here, these things kick ass.

here to defend the title! I was expecting you. (not really only kinda)

read this post I wrote

Well, they won't suck in SLI, the problem is the fact that it'll be two low power cards in SLI. You'll get all of the inherent problems with SLI (increased power draw, louder, microstutter.. some games don't support SLI so then you'll be stuck with just one 960) AND when you have to upgrade, you will have to replace two cards.

I can't tell you to not do it, but it makes more sense to just upgrade it if you really want more power.

kind of it was a previous version of it just had the rog logo on a standard (hard) bridge 

So it was just black with a ROG logo stamped on it?

Yeah, I just looked up a review of the card. The review had one of the brown ones - one that doesn't match the color scheme of the card.

ya it was before the nice sli bridges 

ya it was before the nice sli bridges 

Better than nothing.

Better than nothing.

true although i am happy they came out with nice sli bridges makes the pc look better the new asus one will go well with my metal tubing