Movies to be made on Games

vandanved

Hey people i don't know that this type of thread has already been present or not.

Post the games on which you want to see a movie to be made, and why(if possible).

I want to see a movie series to be made on Assassins Creed franchise.

Reason: If anybody can make a movie on the things shown in the game then it would be epic, the big cities, the assassins, and the weapon of the assassins like hidden blade. Wow it would be just awesome to watch.

None of my favorite games. I don't want them ruined

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Uncharted, because it's fucking Uncharted, not much to argue about it, just a more vulgar, over the top version of Indiana Jones
maybe Alan Wake, but I think it's one of the few games that properly uses the interactive medium to it's advantage, so I'm in the middle about that

and assassin's creed is overrated don't see why you people love it so much, it's literally like COD at this point with a new one each year

None, they all would be terrible, cheesy and have nothing to do with the game it is based off of

None of my favorite games. I don't want them ruined

how about we be theoretical here and make the best movie ever with tons of fan service.. :D

assassin's creed is overrated don't see why you people love it so much, it's literally like COD at this point with a new one each year

I agree, the only good one was AC2

I'm thinking of some but than I really don't think they would make good movies,

Witcher, Crysis, Deus Ex

Great games and I like the story but I don't think they would make good movies.

Now what I do think would make a good movie is

F.E.A.R. (first one) and Alan Wake

Those 2 I could see being pretty good movies.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

how about we be theoretical here and make the best movie ever with tons of fan service.. :D

No, still will be cheesy and have nothing to do with the game it is based on

The problem with games being made into movies is the movies aren't long enough. A game like the witcher 2 is designed to have around a 40hr playthrough if you do everything and there is so much lore you would miss out trying to cram into a 2hr movie that would ruin it.

I'm thinking of some but than I really don't think they would make good movies,

Witcher, Crysis, Deus Ex

Great games and I like the story but I don't think they would make good movies.

Now what I do think would make a good movie is

F.E.A.R. (first one) and Alan Wake

Those 2 I could see being pretty good movies.

Deus ex would never work, it's about choice, it completely takes out choice

warcraft movie is incoming I think the director is bowies son? he directed moon. 

medivh, illidan, arthas. there's such a good framework that exists already 

the only time I really enjoyed playing the game was in TBC but I might shell out the bucks to watch the wow movie in theatres 

Metal Gear Solid

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

and assassin's creed is overrated don't see why you people love it so much, it's literally like COD at this point with a new one each year

I don't get why people say this. Ubisoft changes the studio that the next game is developed at so each game has well over a year to be made IIRC.

I don't get why people say this. Ubisoft changes the studio that the next game is developed at so each game has well over a year to be made IIRC.

Same with COD so I'm confused why people say that about COD also than.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Same with COD so I'm confused why people say that about COD also than.

Because COD(IW/Treyarch) have done nothing to innovate. If it weren't for Battlefield putting pressure on them COD would be even worse (not better just not as bad).

I think you would have to have a movie the length of LOTR (which is just one HUGE movie in three parts) to do games with good storyline any justice, I would be fine with this personally but it wouldn't happen and a TV show wouldn't work because having a game cut into episodes would ruin it too.

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

I'd like DIE hard fans to be the movie directors, produces, actors, visual effects makers, etc. That ways there is no logical way of ruining it. (I have seen some rather awesome fan made AC videos in the past and completely unrelated I have also seen some awesome fanfilms of other franchises like LotR (born of hope and hunt for gollum, tell me if you know one that I don't know about yet) and there are too many Star Wars fanfilms to even start listing and all of them are good and lore friendly because fans made them.

This is the reason why MERP would have been the best LotR Skyrim mod ever. WB just can't pull such a project off since their top consern is money not a very good game that sticks to the lore :( Also this is the reason why I think Star Citizen will be good. Since Chris doesn't have publishers breathing down his neck telling him what to do.

Sorry about getting a bit off topic but my main point was that fan projects, or projects where money is not an issue do better than nonfan or projects that have people caring about maximum profits and minimum expenses

I think you would have to have a movie the length of LOTR (which is just one HUGE movie in three parts) to do games with good storyline any justice, I would be fine with this personally but it wouldn't happen and a TV show wouldn't work because having a game cut into episodes would ruin it too.

Even in three parts the LotR movie doesn't do the books justice :( They cut out so many awesome events and altered the story a little to much for me...

Even in three parts the LotR movie doesn't do the books justice :( They cut out so many awesome events and altered the story a little to much for me...

I never read the books so luckily the movies were great for me :D I watched them all in one too, I just think we would need 10 hours or more to do games with good storyline justice and also we would need it to be fans behind it not people who just want money 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

A movie on battlefield 3 campaign would be cool.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Because COD(IW/Treyarch) have done nothing to innovate. If it weren't for Battlefield putting pressure on them COD would be even worse (not better just not as bad).

If you look at every second COD you see a brand new campaign, brand new multiplayer maps, brand new weapons (for the most part), brand new perks.

It changes quite a bit more than people seem to assume. What more do you want its an FPS that is focused on multiplayer and Esports, so don't expect a fantastic campaign. The multiplayer changes up quite a lot.

And if Activision had it's way with the trademark there would only be a COD every 2 years, but now it's the 'same' name every year from completely different studios going in complete opposite directions from maps style, weapons, and perks.

All BF does that is different from COD is added vehicles. COD hopefully won't go that route because that's not the type of game it is. For a large scale battle BF beats COD but for just smaller maps with troop combat nothing can match COD and how fine tuned it has become.

If you look at every second COD you see a brand new campaign, brand new multiplayer maps, brand new weapons (for the most part), brand new perks.

It changes quite a bit more than people seem to assume. What more do you want its an FPS that is focused on multiplayer and Esports, so don't expect a fantastic campaign. The multiplayer changes up quite a lot.

And if Activision had it's way with the trademark there would only be a COD every 2 years, but now it's the 'same' name every year from completely different studios going in complete opposite directions from maps style, weapons, and perks.

All BF does that is different from COD is added vehicles. COD hopefully won't go that route because that's not the type of game it is. For a large scale battle BF beats COD but for just smaller maps with troop combat nothing can match COD and how fine tuned it has become.

"New" campaign, multilayer, weapons etc..... So the story that finished in 2 games is dragged to 4, the map packs are maps from the previous game and obviously there has to be some new ones and oh no! they had to make new guns for Black Ops 2. Activision definatly wouldn't make it a 2 year game both places have the same idea fast paced arcade shooter. ALL BF does different is vehicles? What about highly destructible environments that actually change the map greatly instead of a telephone pole falling on a car? Dynamic weather? Realism in shooting with travel time and bullet drop? BF3 Noshnar Canals TDM is insane and very fast paced. Fine tuned? LOL, I'm sorry put COD is not "fine tuned" no explaining has to be made there. 

Idc if this is fanboying to you, I used to be a huge COD fan and got every legendary edition but the series is utter shit now.

I just want to see a game based on a movie where you can go up to a TV in the game and watch the movie on the TV in the game