Who said ISPs are assholes

SirNumbers

Well I started out my journey with RCN 3 years ago 

I bought a 25 Mbs connection Up and Down

6 Months later they upgraded me to 50 Mbps up and down for free because I was a loyal customer

8 Months after that they upgraded me to 110 up and 50 down

A year after that they upgraded me 150 down and 50 up 

and These are the speeds I'm actually getting 

post-14596-0-21407000-1450995205.jpg

I only have a 100Mbps AC router so my wired connection couldnt get the full speed, so I connected to the modem. But my dad was using the internet and I had to plug the router back in so I couldnt finish a speedtest

BUT ANYWAYS HUGE SHOUTOUT TO RCN

hows your ISP

http://www.rcn.com/new-york/

I FORGOT TO SAY I ONLY PAY 35 BUCKS A MONTH :)

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I hate Time Warner Cable and so does everyone else in the West-Coast.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Wide Open West!

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I wish I had a upload speed... I have .3-.8Mbps up so it would be faster to mail a flash drive to my friend to upload a video than do it myself

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

My ISP is pretty nice too

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, where do you live?

ISPs aren't assholes everywhere.

hey fam how is it

I personally pay for the internet. $20/month locked in for 2 years for 30/5.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Well, where do you live?

ISPs aren't assholes everywhere.

Nuyok

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

Shaw in Vancouver,BC (CANADA) Speedtest to Toronto. I pay $85 every month. 10MB Down 0.5MB Up

EDIT: Canadian Dollars

post-225979-0-05455600-1450996337.png

Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Turbo 3.5GHz | 8GB Kingston DDR3-1333 | MSI Radeon R7 370 OC to 1020mhz | EVGA Supernova NEX B1 750W | GIGABYTE GA-B85-D3H | Inwin Velocity OEM Case | 120mm broken fan

Vancouver, BC | O Canada

I pay for gigabit speeds and I get gigabit speeds. I can't really complain about that. 

However, I don't really have any equipment to test if I'm getting a faster throughput than gigabit, which I most likely am.

There was a court ruling in Denmark a couple of years ago that stated that ISPs can't advertise with ´up to´ speeds, so most people are getting 10%-20% more speed than advertised.

Ohh, and I pay about 50$/month for my connection.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

noice

we got 25/5 for (i think) $50/month, our contract for the deal ended i think

Well we snuck into a deal with WoW because we were going to get their 15/5 for $20 and we agreed on that but when the dude came out to give us internet, he said the company no longer offered our agreed upon deal/speed/price so he called up his peeps and got free speed upgrade lol!

Well we snuck into a deal with WoW because we were going to get their 15/5 for $20 and we agreed on that but when the dude came out to give us internet, he said the company no longer offered our agreed upon deal/speed/price so he called up his peeps and got free speed upgrade lol!

hell even 15/5 for $20 ain't bad

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

hell even 15/5 for $20 ain't bad

well in my area yea

Shaw in Vancouver,BC (CANADA) Speedtest to Toronto. I pay $85 every month. 10MB Down 0.5MB Up

EDIT: Canadian Dollars

Rip.

My family pays $65 Canadian dollars and we get 30 down and 10 up.

Everything in Vancouver is expensive, is it not?

8 down .8 up, you know living the life. 

Nuyok

At least you have the option in nuyok, stuck with this copper connection.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

My ISP is pretty nice too

You live in the Netherlands like me, only ISP that sucks is Ziggo :P we have it pretty good.

You live in the Netherlands like me, only ISP that sucks is Ziggo :P we have it pretty good.

Telenet is only in Belgium :D but ziggo and Telenet are both from Liberty Global.

En je moet u zin eens nakijken je zegt Ziggo suckt en dan zeg je dat je het hebt en dat het best goed is :D