The Windstream Rant [Warning: Explicit language]

The Official Czex

I've been on this damn ISP for literally years. I would've switched to a different ISP by now, but there are none in my area. Why switch? I pay the ISP bills here. I pay 50 USD a month for a supposed 6Mbps connection. I've never seen above three. In fact, today, my download speed has been so slow, Speedtest.net can't even complete the test because it times out after 10 minutes. I decided to ping google.com. My ping is 25s. You read it right: twenty-five seconds. SECONDS. SECONDS! FUCKING SECONDS! What the fuck is going on? I literally have an all wired connection and I get 25 fucking bullshit seconds of ping? I had to go to a fucking Starbucks to type this shit because I can't even browse the fucking web. I pay fifty God damn fucking bullshit dollars every fucking month for something that we can't even use. I feel as though I've been robbed. After all, I've paid 3,000 dollars to those greedy bastards over the course of the last five years. FUCK. Could I sue them for something like this? I would really love to. Wipe the grins off their fat faces. This is unacceptable and I will not tolerate it anymore. And forget about contacting them about this bullshit; their online support is a useless robot (though it claims to be "live") and calling? Forget that shit. Just. Fucking. Forget. It. I mean, you can call them, but you'll be on hold for four bitching hours until they finally, at the mercy of the only ISP in a 40-mile radius, drop. The. Fucking. Call. Fuck you, Windstream. Fuck your Internet monopoly. Fuck your shitty service literally worse than Comcast in 2013. And fuck you. Fuck. You. It's so fucking bullshit and I'm done. What do I do?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

please calm down good sir, xmas is 1 sleep away. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

You're 15 and you pay for internet

damn how much cash do you make

Not enough because Shitstream keeps fucking me over every approx-30 days.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Just don't use them anymore. Use something else, even Comcast or AT&T.

there are none in my area. 

Ok, I know this works for comcast and verizon, so it may be worth trying. 

Call them (I know the wait time is 4 hours stay with me here) and complain about your speeds. Tell them that you are going to move to somewhere else that will offer better internet speeds (someplace with google fiber perhaps) and threaten to cancel your subscription with them. At this time if they are a good ISP  who wants to keep their customers they should start to give you free offers for a speed upgrade. I have had to do this multiple times with comcast and verizon. I called Comcast to complain about my speeds and threatened to move to kansas where there is google fiber (I wasn't actually going to move) and I got my speed from 10mbit up and 10 mbit down all the way to 50mbit up and 50 mbit down. IF this doesn't work, complain AS MUCH AS YOU CAN to every possible place in exsistance. Go to reddit, youtube, Tek syndicate forums, twitter, Facebook, amazon, Instagram heck 4chan and complain about your speeds. It is likely that after all this complaining and getting out to the world about how terrible their service is they will listen and finally give you your well-deserved speed upgrade. Just because they are the only ISP available in your area doesn't mean you can't play some dirty tricks on them to get them to increase your speed.

I like how you think. Evil plan is a go.

Just putting this out there, trying to be helpful - they should have an office you can visit, even if it is some distance away. I bet it's less than a two hour drive, so the only difference between being on hold for four hours is the price of gas.

Also, I'm really surprised you don't have a cable company in your area, you must live far away from a city. One of my coworkers is in the exact same situation, she sometimes gets as low as 500kbps on her DSL line. The problem is that she is just barely over the certified distance from the nearest hub point, usually 5.5 miles (of wire, not straight distance); she's 5.5 miles straight distance, but almost 6 miles of wires. She's gotten the phone company to replace some of the oldest phone lines, and the signal is just not strong enough for good speeds. The house next door to hers gets 6Mbps because it's 200 yards closer and the signal is strong enough. We're actually planning on installing a wireless link between the two houses soon.

Edit: you should also try to see if there is a CLEC in your market, as I'm assuming Windstream is the ILEC. Most markets have one, it was a key part of decreasing the monopolies when Ma Bell was broken up.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Calling Windstream generally doesn't work, was paying 100$ for 20up/5down was only getting 0.5up/.10down. Switched to Comcast (not much better on customer service) after multiple attempts to get them to fix their crap. Of course the only choices in my area are Windstream and Comcast, both hold state given exclusive rights of business for their respective businesses. (Cabel, DSL).

Lord of Helium.