CX500M vs CM G550M

alanp1995
Go to solution Solved by jimakos234,

My budget is 65 Euro and I purchase from either;

mindfactory.de or hardwareversand.de

This is superior, it crashes both of them

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/520-Watt-Seasonic-M12II-Bronze-Modular-80--Bronze_638246.html

Which of these two would be the best option, both are around 65 Euro and that's the max I will pay for the PSU.

Will be powering an i3-6100 and GTX 950.

Modular because its an ITX build so please don't suggest any non-modular PSU's ;)

Which of these two would be the best option, both are around 65 Euro and that's the max I will pay for the PSU.

Will be powering an i3-6100 and GTX 950.

Modular because its an ITX build so please don't suggest any non-modular PSU's ;)

For a 950 a CX500M is fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Cooler Master G-series are far better than CX

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Cooler Master G-series are far better than CX

+1

G650M (I couldn't find the G550M on there) - http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&file=print&reid=430

CX430 (I couldn't find the CX500 on there) - http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=214

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

For a 950 a CX500M is fine.

But with both being the same price, which would be better than the other?

So you still recommend the corsair one?

I mean, what is your budget in what currency? Neither is a super great option.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The Cooler Master G550M is a 40C rated, DC-DC regulated power supply based on the CWT GPN platform. The Corsair CX500M is based on a lower-end DSA-III platform rated at 30C. The GM offer superior voltage regulation at a wider range of loads, transient loads, and ripple suppression. It also offer a longer 5 year warranty and a more relax fan profile.

Can you provide a link to the store you are buying from?

The Cooler Master G550M is a 40C rated, DC-DC regulated power supply based on the CWT GPN platform. The Corsair CX500M is based on a lower-end DSA-III platform rated at 30C. The GM offer superior voltage regulation at a wider range of loads, transient loads, and ripple suppression. It also offer a longer 5 year warranty and a more relax fan profile.

Can you provide a link to the store you are buying from?

Well OK then, +1 to this I guess

What's your PSU budget? And where should I look?

My budget is 65 Euro and I purchase from either;

mindfactory.de or hardwareversand.de

That's a good budget unit. Electrically, the CM GM would offer better electrical performance, while the M12II-B would offer better capacitor choice (better longevity). Both of which will power your system perfectly fine.

I would post this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYHVUrXOwbI

but you will be fine with it

You now this is an exaggeration right?

Cx psus wont burn down your house or explode or anything...

They have pretty good ripple control.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case