I built a flashlight - kinda

UselessBread

Please do not do this at home. I will not be held responsible if you burn your house down, loose your sight or other nasty stuff happens if you do this. You should probably know not to replicate things random people on the internet do anyways, but still. Please don't do this.

So I got bored and built this flashlight...

M7sw8WY.jpg

Same exposure, but turned on:
XBZ2eak.jpg

With a fixed exposure:
lbrjzEK.jpg

I am slightly scared of it.
I once looked in the light and had coloured spots in my vision for several minutes.

m2HKdZK.gif

But it is really useful for making pictures! Just point it anywhere and the room has roughly daylight...

Things I did:

• Dug out my old H80i
  • Dug out an old PSU
  • Got a cheap chinese boost converter for like 2€ shipped
  • Got a 100W LED (9000lm) for ~12€ shipped
  • Slapped it all together with some duct tape, zip ties and a piece of scrap wood

I should probably make a better frame for this that does not allow people to touch things in there... I should probably also get rid of the H80 and put some other cooler in it's place.
Finally I should add a lens and some batteries so it is actually a flashlight and not just a very bright pile of junk.

Thoughts?

Also sorry that I had to put the images on imgur, but for some reason the forum upload didn't work.

dumb question but why do people worry you can go blind.. ive pointed many lights into my eye and had coloured spots but im not blind wtf?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

dumb question but why do people worry you can go blind.. ive pointed many lights into my eye and had coloured spots but im not blind wtf?

Prolonged exposure to light will do either of these things (depending on the intensity):
  • Burn your retina
  • Boil your retina
  • Create stress in rods and cones (probably negligible)
Also I'd rather be safe than sorry and state that people should be cautious before I am responsible.

need shots of it on outside at night please, also I love this.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

Prolonged exposure to light will do either of these things (depending on the intensity):

• Burn your retina
  • Boil your retina
  • Create stress in rods and cones (probably negligible)
Also I'd rather be safe than sorry and state that people should be cautious before I am responsible.

boil my retina? lol.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Liked for the fan. As I am that fan.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

-snip-

It generally damages you eyes if exposed for too long but it won't make you completely blind just enough to be considered legally blind, it can also cause migraines. 

You might see a white spot in your vision for a long time

i once shined a flashlight thru some binoculars and i looked in it (bad idea, good that the bincoulars were crappy) and i was seeing this white dot in my vision for about 1 hour

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's pretty cool :)

a lot brighter than my flashlight, but that's cause I made mine for distance instead of lumens

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I have to make this, with batteries of course.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I have to make this, with batteries of course.

Batteries are on the list, but so far I have been too scared to buy cheap Li-ion batteries on eBay. (Will they burn? Will they blow me sky-high?)