Guy gets 6 months jail for stealing virtual money

Kingofpepsi

Either a good troll article or the world is just dump as always

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

if you were found bullying virtually you'd still get punish wouldn't you ? so this doesn't surprise me or anyone. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

For virtual money? On a video game?

Okay...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

He basically committed (fake) armed robbery. Yeah it was for virtual money, but he was going to pay $3000 for it. He essentially stole $3000 worth of goods.

Jailtime deserved, but the rest of his sentence seems excessive. 5 years probation for using a fake gun? Kinda overboard if you ask me. But 3000 hours of community service is absurd. Working a full time job gets you 2000 hours in a year. Unless he can perform his community service hours while in jail, he could be doing community service in his spare time for years and years.

Either a good troll article or the world is just dump as always

if you were found bullying virtually you'd still get punish wouldn't you ? so this doesn't surprise me or anyone. 

For virtual money? On a video game?

Okay...

The article says the perp pulled a (fake) gun on the person he was scamming, which is why he's getting jail time.

The sentencing seems excessive, but I doubt he's actually getting that literal amount of time.

He basically committed (fake) armed robbery. Yeah it was for virtual money, but he was going to pay $3000 for it. He essentially stole $3000 worth of goods.

Jailtime deserved, but the rest of his sentence seems excessive. 5 years probation for using a fake gun? Kinda overboard if you ask me. But 3000 hours of community service is absurd. Working a full time job gets you 2000 hours in a year. Unless he can perform his community service hours while in jail, he could be doing community service in his spare time for years and years.

Maybe $3000/minimum wage's worth of community service? Or double that figure.

And game currency has value, there are buyers and sellers. Virtual, real, all the same, except some things are less liquid than others.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

The article says the perp pulled a (fake) gun on the person he was scamming, which is why he's getting jail time.

The sentencing seems excessive, but I doubt he's actually getting that literal amount of time.

Oh, well then, never mind! And thanks!

Nicolas Cage helped you dig the answers out of an abandoned cave link, right? Give him my thanks, too. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

in game currency is still property of the company. You can be prosecuted for stealing it in the same way people can be prosecuted for selling in game gold for cash on those sketchy ass websites

Oh, well then, never mind! And thanks!

Nicolas Cage helped you dig the answers out of an abandoned cave link, right? Give him my thanks, too. :lol:

Based Cage speaks to me all of the time; yes, he gave me the answers I sought.

in game currency is still property of the company. You can be prosecuted for stealing it in the same way people can be prosecuted for selling in game gold for cash on those sketchy ass websites

okay it is somewhat but it does not change it is in fact virtual gold that HAS no value in real world (like bitcoins do) you cant buy new flashy car or food from it. Scamming is good reason to jail but theft of such gold nope not even in dreams (or wait it is possible but only in USA cuz sorry for saying it bluntly but ppl in USA tend to have stupid ideas).

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

It's not about that he stole virtual money, if you threat someone with a gun without stealing anything you get in jail.

Good. When I played 8 years ago this crap was annoying, albeit it was for 4.7 million, not billion.

It's not about that he stole virtual money, if you threat someone with a gun without stealing anything you get in jail.

fake gun to be exact i know there are couple of factors that could prevail the man that got robbed from telling diffrence between real and fake gun depending on the fake quality but still for most it is his fault to take the bait in my opinion :D

Good. When I played 8 years ago this crap was annoying, albeit it was for 4.7 million, not billion.

It's was 4.7 Billion. I have 130 Million  and 4,7 Billion isn't that hard to get now 

nice troll article

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

It's was 4.7 Billion. I have 130 Million  and 4,7 Billion isn't that hard to get now 

Damn, I only have 800-900k and that's by saving practically every coin I've every gotten by playing RS.

So the retard pulled a fake gun on someone and forced them to complete the coin transfer without paying. The charges seem pretty reasonable.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

this ... apparently people only read article titles nowadays?

summary;

Both parties agree to 3000$ for the 4.7B coins

Meet between the 2 guys to exchange virtual money

Buyer pulls a (fake) gun and force the transaction

Buyer tries the same stunt with an undercover police officer and get arrested

Jail time deserved IMO.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Its appropriate, using a fake gun is still considered aggravated assault in situations like this as in the moment (unless the gun is obviously fake having an orange tip) it is treated as real and the intent of the robber is to incite a stronger sense of fear of bodily harm into the victim, so Yes it is quite appropriate.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER