EVGA, You Sneaky Lying Bastards!

iamdarkyoshi

there's no caps in the cables ? lolwhat

Yes there are. On the G2 (and some other EVGA models), the cables all have capacitors to suppress the ripple even more, hence why the G2 ripple is better than, say, the GS. You can see the capacitors, they look like little lumps near the end of the cable, in the tape-like area.

Also, as I just discovered, the 1000W and 1300W EVGA G2 models use Capxon on the power supply itself.

This makes me seriously wonder WTF is going on with my 1050 GS.  I just started an RMA process because my fucking power supply WILL NOT FUCKING BOOT MY COMPUTER FROM A WARM BOOT.  It will not boot immediately after shutting off, will randomly not restart, and will NOT boot from sleep or hibernation.  Sometimes I have to wait an hour after shutting down with the power cable unplugged to be able to boot my PC again.  I took the power supply and tried it in a whole different computer and same issue.

Makes me wonder what the hell EVGA is doing.

EVGA doesn't do anything, Seasonic makes the GS, and if it's a new unit, it could just be faulty. It happens for every power supply, there are always some faulty ones in the bunch.

also technicaly the psu is not the cable. if its modular theb its separate. so they are right.. somewhat

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004