heaphones for airplanes?

aPinata

so imma be going on a long flight to thailand in a couple days i dont have heaphones atm that are closed and want something comfortable and i might make them my main headphones if they are that good any recommendations? would like to spend under $300 usd want something low profile not like the siberia elites see how big they are maybe the audio technica ath-m50s cause they are low profile ive used them before any other recoomendations

edit: are velour earpads as noise isolating as leather or fake leather because i like the way veloure feels i dont mind buying used as long as they are able to change the earpads and clean the headband

post-287553-0-25283400-1450139311.png

post-287553-0-44127900-1450139313.jpg

People usually recommend active noise canceling for general traveling.

Do you want such feature or nah?

280 Pro's?

People usually recommend active noise canceling for general traveling.

Do you want such feature or nah?

not sure never used a product with such a feature

not sure never used a product with such a feature

Noise canceling headphones usually create destructive sound waves to cancel out outside noise, brands such as Bose actually does it very well.

However this often "deaden" the sound, and I personally don't like it.

edit: are velour earpads as noise isolating as leather or fake leather because i like the way veloure feels i dont mind buying used as long as they are able to change the earpads and clean the headband

Velours typically leak more than leather or pleather, some people say Beyerdynamic's velour pads are almost as good as leather/pleather.

And yeah the Sennheiser 280/380 pros are great for passive noise isolation.

IEMs are also something to consider. 

280 Pro's?

they look ok anything else you got on your mind?

Noise cancellation is awesome for airplane use; the sound quality loss is worth it because the effect of the ambient is usually just as bad in most passive isolating headphones.

Go for the Bose QC25. It's a flagship-level headphone as far as noise-cancellation goes; it's basically made for this kind of scenario.

Noise cancellation is awesome for airplane use; the sound quality loss is worth it because the effect of the ambient is usually just as bad in most passive isolating headphones.

Go for the Bose QC25. It's a flagship-level headphone as far as noise-cancellation goes; it's basically made for this kind of scenario.

Yeah,i have tried them, their noise cancellation is amazing

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Unless you're a frequent flyer, who travels at least 3 times round trip (so basically 6 flights a year) and regularly wear headphones outside with noisy environment, noise cancelling headphone is probably too much tbh.

But QC25 or QC20 are definitely the best options around for noise cancelling. QC20 for portability, 25 for comfort

I'll toss out a recommendation to also try out the JBL Everest Elite 700s if you can get to a Best Buy. They're on sale for $255 currently, and the ANC is almost as good as the QC25s in my opinion. I also feel that the sound quality with noise cancellation turned off is better than the Bose. Really the big thing you lose out on is comfort as they are a little uncomfortable if you have a giant head as I do.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

Another +1 for the Bose QC25. Probably the ONLY time I'll recommend Bose.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I'll throw in a recommendation for hyperx cloud if you'll be using for gaming later on. Closed back keeps out a lot of noise, mic is removable and they throw in a airplane adapter in the box. Also comfortable for long periods

so imma be going on a long flight to thailand in a couple days i dont have heaphones atm that are closed and want something comfortable and i might make them my main headphones if they are that good any recommendations? would like to spend under $300 usd want something low profile not like the siberia elites see how big they are maybe the audio technica ath-m50s cause they are low profile ive used them before any other recoomendations

Etymotic HF5 or HF3, depending if you want headset controls or not.

Passive noise cancelling IEMs ( in-ear monitors). Compared to active noise cancelling, Etymotic block out much more sound; don't require batteries; and don't require added bulk of noise cancelling hardware. And there is absolutely no comparison on sound quality over Bose.

I have been a road warrior for the past 12 years. I also love headphones and computer gaming. I do not fly without my Etymotic headphones. I put them on when I get on the plane, and leave them on until I get out of the airport.

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs

Etymotic HF5 or HF3, depending if you want headset controls or not.

Passive noise cancelling IEMs ( in-ear monitors). Compared to active noise cancelling, Etymotic block out much more sound; don't require batteries; and don't require added bulk of noise cancelling hardware. And there is absolutely no comparison on sound quality over Bose.

I have been a road warrior for the past 12 years. I also love headphones and computer gaming. I do not fly without my Etymotic headphones. I put them on when I get on the plane, and leave them on until I get out of the airport.

Etymotic has a house sound that doesn't suit everyone's taste. I've been using westone 4R for almost a year now and with the shure triple flage, it's very slightly behind etymotic in terms of isolation, but the sound is generally more acceptable for first timer