do you think hp makes good computers?

Cory_plays_games

Poll different from title question. And they make a lot of stuff that is very different from each other. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

some of their laptops are ok i dont have any experience with their desktops

I really don't like any prebuilt desktop manufacturers just because of their cheap power supplies, and terrible operating system bloat.

Servers yes. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

They make good computers, as well as garbage. It depends what you're buying and how much you're paying. The problem with prebuilts isn't always their quality, but rather their price. I also do not "like" or "dislike" whole brands of products. If they release garbage, I'll criticize it, if they release gold, I'll praise it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Their desktops are mostly poor quality (MoBos and PSU's) which are extremely key parts that can kill others if they fail.

Their Desktop cases are shitty and noisy too, no care is put into the PC most of the time.

The desktops are severely overpriced and they often throw in (QUAD CORE GAMING PC) or "2TB MEMORY" when its just an A8 from AMD to confuse small kids, non techies and old people etc. The prices are extremely bad.

Their budget laptops are very good value though (from my experience)

Good warranty.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

They are shit at most things. Toshiba and HP were once good, and now it is 2015, and they make shit!

I think acer has improved in the past 5 years.

Meh they are OK, just like all the other prebuilt PC companies out there. The main issue is the price, a 1.5K HP pavilion desktop has like 800$ worth of parts in it

Professional Girl

they make amazing boxes for the office space.

if you use their stuff for what it's made to do, its amazing.

i'll share a story:

at my parents' company, they have this *one* machine that manages the entire factory planning.

if its down, the company is down.

then one day it just didnt do anything in the morning.

i got called in, they gave me the broken box, and one they had spare.

since it wasnt doing anything at all i was guessing it was the power supply.

----

NOW, with all the respect for 24 pin connectors, and a standard ATX form factor, HP nailed their proprietaty power supplies

----

i popped open both machines, swapped around the power supplies, and gave both a test run, sure enough the broken machine worked again, and the spare machine was now dead.

closed both machines, and brought the machine back to its spot in the factory.

elapsed time: 10 minutes, or less than a minute for just the power supply swap.

try and swap out your standard ATX power supply in under a minute.

EDIT: should add, we ordered a new power supply after the fact, both boxes work like a charm now.

They are shit at most things. Toshiba and HP were once good, and now it is 2015, and they make shit!

I think acer has improved in the past 5 years.

can't speak about the last 2 years 

but thiers 5 HP pcs in my house

2 desktops

3 laptops

and they all work like a champ. 

Well the printer hasn't transformed and nearly killed me so it's all good here. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

can't speak about the last 2 years 

but thiers 5 HP pcs in my house

2 desktops

3 laptops

and they all work like a champ. 

I have seen HP laptops at school drop like flys. The cooling fans dies or the hinge snaps off or the HDD overheats and dies. But then again, only the best laptops will survive at schools.

Also my brothers HP has horrible backlight bleed

I really don't like any prebuilt desktop manufacturers just because of their cheap power supplies, and terrible operating system bloat.

Dell has great powersupplies. They're made by Delta, which is regarded to be up there with SeaSonic and SuperFlower.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Dell has great powersupplies. They're made by Delta, which is regarded to be up there with SeaSonic and SuperFlower.

my second point still stands with them.

I have seen HP laptops at school drop like flys. The cooling fans dies or the hinge snaps off or the HDD overheats and dies. But then again, only the best laptops will survive at schools.

Also my brothers HP has horrible backlight bleed

my school had some hp laptops and they were very well built in my opinion with magnesium alloy and rubber edges

my school had some hp laptops and they were very well built in my opinion with magnesium alloy and rubber edges

You could say that about any computer that were made for schools. They are coated with rubber and they are 7 cms thick made with a hard plastic. They are probably tougher than a Panasonic Toughbook.

I just noticed the compaq had a sticker on the bottom that said "designed by hp' lol

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

They make good chromebooks tho im using one right now

Pro Budget Gamer (thats not a thing)

HP has never done anything on the consumer market that would stand out as far as I know. And the best thing they had (there research department) has had it's funding cut down so much that you can't expect a thing from them either (even tho they came up with some ground breaking stuff over the years).

The power supply was the one thing that faild on my dad's old dell desktop, was just over a year old when it went out, granted that was one from 2006. On another note, every hp I have had dealings with turned out to be pretty good computers as far as lifespan and reliabilty. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger