You ever just get so mad at your tech that you...

beaker15

You ever get so mad at your tech that you.... (Insert answer)

For example...

I just got so mad at my malfunctioning Bluetooth speaker that while on a ladder fixing a router I threw my RJ45 crimpers at it..... THEN IT ACTUALLY WORKED.

a computer wouldnt post, so i kicked it, and it posted.

ever since i've been kicking the thing to make it post (worked reliably) until i swapped out some parts with a friend.

ever since i've been kicking the thing to make it post (worked reliably) until i swapped out some parts with a friend.

and now he has to kick it to start it up every time?

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Stick your dick in a toaster?

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

and now he has to kick it to start it up every time?

well, we all knew the motherboard was stone dead, so i traded my core2quad, the broken motherboard, and 4 broken dimms for a P4, overclocking motherboard, and 2 working dimms.

upon me tossing in an old keyboard into the deal, he offered 2 functional and 1 broken jade loon fans, and a 250GB hard drive.

i honestly didnt even bother testing the core2quad, for all i know thats stone dead as well. the entire thing was a disaster.

I got so mad at my S4 Mini that I threw it at a wall across my house.  I thought the phone was invincible, it was not.

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

I got so mad at my S4 Mini that I threw it at a wall across my house.  I thought the phone was invincible, it was not.

i did that with my nokia once, it damaged the house.

then a bit later i did it with an alcatel cheapo smartphone, and it fixed a dent in the phone...

I got so mad at my DualShock 3 controller spazzing out for inexplicable reasons that I threw it on the bed at an odd angle.

It fixed the issue...temporarily. Now I just straight up dismantle and reassemble it when it freaks out.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

My very first computer was a Vectra VE 8/DT desktop that I got for free from my school when they were upgrading the Ag lab computers, and it had this quirk where it would freeze up sometimes and the only way to fix it (besides a hard shut down back when those were not a great idea) was to smack the case as hard as possible on the right side. It would then grind for about a second and start working perfectly like nothing happened. I loved that computer.

post-63986-0-66962300-1449785435_thumb.j

Then my dad decided to throw it away while I was gone to college without asking me about it. :angry:  :angry: :angry:  Needless to say, I'm still a little pissed at him about it. 

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I was losing in virtual fighter (my thumbstick's were stiff) and I raged and broke the controller in 2 with MEH BEAR HANDS! 

it was one of those nice LED Star Wars EP3 limited edition controllers they sold when the Ep3 game came out. Fitting since it was the sith red edition :3

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

--

back in high school the vending machines used to sometimes lock up when returning money, hitting them in a specific spot worked, and it made the teachers SUPER pissed off, i made one purple from anger because i hit it as she was telling me not to because it wouldnt help, and as she finished her sentence the money dropped out.

Do you ever get so mad at your tech that you hit your computer, it falls out of the window near a cat, the cat then jumps and runs away, cat gets run over by a car, the car crashes into your house, and finally the cars brand new windshield is *gently* holding your pc with its case torn open and a fan gently spinning. Don't hit your computer, get Linustechtips.

It looks as if the peasants have risen up, and found swords!

But their sword's look a little short, if you know what I mean!

Good! The squires need training anyway!

I have a dead pixel that goes away when I look angry at it.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Thus where the word "boot" comes from.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Thus where the word "boot" comes from.

thats how you properly boot a pc from medion...

if you can repair a computer by spinning back the system clock to jan 1 1980 you know something fishy is up...

Do you ever get so angry with your computer's faulty ram that you purposely short it to all hell just to have an excuse to buy a new stick?

(True story, unfortunately the store didnt have any DDR2 ram in back... Those wonderful days of ignorance to computer hardware were bliss)

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Lost in FIFA 15 and threw my brother's controller at the wall and broke.   

CPU: AMD FX-6300 @3.8 GHz     |     Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212     |     RAM: G.Skill NS Series 4x4GB      |       Motherboard: GIGABYTE 990FXA     |     Case: Antec One     |     Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270x HAWK    |    PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G2    |     HDD: 1 WD Black (Programs Files), 1 WD Caviar Blue (Boot)     |     KB & M: Cooler Master Storm Devastator Blue     |     Speakers: Logitech Z506     |     UPS:  CyberPower 1500w     |

Every time you use comic sans, one programmer dies.

I talk to Excel daily, like "Stop thinking you fucking bitch I wanna go home" and "I TOLD YOU I need a general cell why do you keep fucking switching it to TEXT!" and so no.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I rarely get angry, and when I vent, it's fast and quite violent. I try and minimize damage, so it's only ever usually my arm or hand that gets injured, but one time I threw my phone.

I had my nokia N73 at the time.

uhhh, the damn thing still works to this day, like 5 years later.

The only piece of sh*erm* tech i get mad at is my awful phone

Its been thrown clear across the room repeatedly. Still works though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I got so mad at a build i was working on since it would not post. I took the CPU out and broke it in half with two pairs of pliers, then took a hammer to the motherboard

I once got so mad at my mouse for becoming unplugged during a CS:GO competitive match that I threw it at the wall. 

That's when I bought my new mouse. 

I used to be quite active here.

I got really pissed off at my old laptop's power brick because it stopped working, so I took it and swung it around, smacked it into the floor a few times, tried it again, and it worked :P

And my old phone killed itself somehow, and would freeze when turning on, more specifically when the phone vibrates; the damn thing was vibrating non stop, so I took it outside, threw it maybe 30 feet into the air towards my car (needed to get my screwdriver that's small enough to rip the phone apart), it came down, hit the dirt and stones and such below it, not a single scratch, and the piece of shit was still vibrating....

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My phone's alarm went on and I threw it on the wall while half-asleep. Then I jumped out of the bed when realized what I have done.

Best alarm ever.

CPU: Intel i5-4590 | Motherboard: Asus H97M-E | GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston HyperX Fury Black | SSD: Sandisk Plus 240Gb HDD: Seagate 250Gb  | PSU: Seasonic G650 80+ Gold | Case: NZXT S340

I am who I am.