Im in a twist...

So me and my stepbrother were going to get gaming pcs for christmas. We were so happy. We had both put together budget gaming pcs, we both put Athlon x4 860K's and AMD R9 380's. We were happy. Very recently, my dad said you can have £200 more to spend on the pc. So i threw in a Intel i5 4460 and a ASRock Fatal1ty gaming motherboard. I told him and he went crazy, his dad had already ordered his pc. He was telling me why didn't you stick to the plan, your so deep. Etc. So I explained to him why my intel processor was better than his amd one, and he said "all top gamers use amd" I told him that was BS. and he just ekpt on saying ur so deep. He then told me too at least get a AMD cpu better than the Athlon, since I knew i didn't want christmas to feel bad for him, and i also knew that the athlon WAS going to bottleneck the R9 380 in games like GTA V. I want to play alot of AAA pc titles. So my question(s) are...

Can i get a  AMD processor that beats the i5 4460? (£150)

I don't want to make his christmas shite. What shall I do?

Thanks in advance.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

Not really...the FX8350 comes close I'd say.

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

What does being "so deep" even mean??

anyways imho the hell with him hes still going to have a decent comp and its not your fault he didnt wait frankly I wouldn't compromise my experience cause he was throwing a hissyfit

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

To answer the question about amd processors and 4460s, no, no you can't (In games at least).

Argh,

No, not for gaming 

Your buddy is wrong 

I know :P

So me and my stepbrother were going to get gaming pcs for christmas. We were so happy. We had both put together budget gaming pcs, we both put Athlon x4 860K's and AMD R9 380's. We were happy. Very recently, my dad said you can have £200 more to spend on the pc. So i threw in a Intel i5 4460 and a ASRock Fatal1ty gaming motherboard. I told him and he went crazy, his dad had already ordered his pc. He was telling me why didn't you stick to the plan, your so deep. Etc. So I explained to him why my intel processor was better than his amd one, and he said "all top gamers use amd" I told him that was BS. and he just ekpt on saying ur so deep. He then told me too at least get a AMD cpu better than the Athlon, since I knew i didn't want christmas to feel bad for him, and i also knew that the athlon WAS going to bottleneck the R9 380 in games like GTA V. I want to play alot of AAA pc titles. So my question(s) are...

Can i get a  AMD processor that beats the i5 4460? (£150)

I don't want to make his christmas shite. What shall I do?

Thanks in advance.

well thats the most BS thing i've seen in a while...

can't you show him some benchmarks or other stuff that lets him see its a bottleneck?

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

He kinda sounds like a... Twat, if I can be honest. I mean, who cares? Your rig, your parts.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

depends. if your games of choice can use 8 cores to their full potential the FX8*** parts may be better, if the game uses 4 cores or less, the i5 wipes the floor with anything AMD.

also, theres a chart somewhere on the setups of CS:GO players, i dont doubt they have pc specs on there as well.

why does it matter, just order the part you want 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

What does being "so deep even mean??"

anyways imho the hell with him hes still going to have a decent comp and its not your fault he didnt wait frankly I wouldn't compromise my experience cause he was throwing a hissyfit

It means your kind of, turning your back on someone.

Do not get a worse CPU just cause he wants you to. If you can afford it, get a better one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Since when do top gamers use amd? Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't all esports pc's run Intel?

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

well thats the most BS thing i've seen in a while...

can't you show him some benchmarks or other stuff that lets him see its a bottleneck?

Ok, i'll try.

There isn't an AMD processor that can trump a 4460.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Just saying, an 860k doesn't bottleneck as hard as you may think.

But i have more money to spend, so i want to get the best out of it.

He kinda sounds like a... Twat, if I can be honest. I mean, who cares? Your rig, your parts.

This ^ 

Also if all the pros use amd why does he care you got intel 

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Your stepbro should just get an FX-6300. It shouldn't bottleneck that 380

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

An AMD processor that beats an i5? Where?

It does. If my i3 2120 bottlenecks an R9 270, then the FX 6300 should bottleneck the R9 280.

He's already bought his pc parts.

Ehm the only one that could come close is the FX-8350 but would most likley loose in most games. And if you have the money get the i5 and don't care about what he says. And isn't the Athlon pretty terrible CPU? Like wouldn't an cheap i3 beat it?

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

Ehm the only one that could come close is the FX-8350 but would most likley loose in most games. And if you have the money get the i5 and don't care about what he says. And isn't the Athlon pretty terrible CPU? Like wouldn't an cheap i3 beat it?

The X4 860k and the cheapest i3 are £50/$60 apart.. Not the same categories.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

What does being "so deep" even mean??

This. Get what you want for you. Clearly he doesnt know what hes talking about so he wont even know a difference. 

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"