Im in a twist...

It does. If my i3 2120 bottlenecks an R9 270, then the FX 6300 should bottleneck the R9 280.

It's a 380, not 280.

He's already bought his pc parts.

Well, tell him to return the Athlon and immediately buy the FX-6300. If he isn't willing to do that, he doesn't deserve a gaming PC. Patience is key.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 HYBRID | 32GB DDR4-3600

I don't think that there's anything you can do. If your father said that you have $200 more to spend AFTER he placed the order for your brother's pc, then that makes him a bit unfair, but nothing you can do about that. 

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

Update:

Me; Im getting the i5

Him:Your deep

Me: It's the best i can get.

Him: You ditched me man.

me: Intel processor is better, i wanna take the chance.

Him: The whole point is we build something similar.

Me: My dad's not allowing me to upgrade.

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

There isn't an AMD processor that can trump a 4460.

Well that's not true, if you overclock the 9590 you are within 6% slower range of single core speed of a 4460 and 73% faster in multithreaded tasks so it would be better for gaming.

NOT saying it's worth it but technically it is better.

An AMD processor that beats an i5? Where?

Multithreading? Rendering? Video Editing?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The X4 860k and the cheapest i3 are £50/$60 apart.. Not the same categories.

Yea just checked that. Didn't think they was that far apart.

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

It does. If my i3 2120 bottlenecks an R9 270, then the FX 6300 should bottleneck the R9 280.

It would not bottleneck the R9 280. In fact it wouldn't bottleneck a GTX 970 in most games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Well that's not true, if you overclock the 9590 you are within 6% slower range of single core speed of a 4460 and 73% faster in multithreaded tasks so it would be better for gaming.

NOT saying it's worth it but technically it is better.

Multithreading? Rendering? Video Editing?

He seems to want a gaming rig and then the rendering part probably doesn't matter but if you are rendering the 8350 is a good budget choice imo.

Update:

Me; Im getting the i5

Him:Your deep

Me: It's the best i can get.

Him: You ditched me man.

me: Intel processor is better, i wanna take the chance.

Him: The whole point is we build something similar.

Me: My dad's not allowing me to upgrade.

Why does he want a similar system?? Whats the fun in that. Get the i5 if you can afford it, he doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. 

Amd are not as good as Intel...Proven already i,m afraid.

Plus up on this is they are going out of fashion!

I use one!

Um an 6300 beats a sandy bridge i3 they came out at the same time... And the 6300 is overcloclable

Ehm the only one that could come close is the FX-8350 but would most likley loose in most games. And if you have the money get the i5 and don't care about what he says. And isn't the Athlon pretty terrible CPU? Like wouldn't an cheap i3 beat it?

No the atholon is better then the fx series currently for performance per core, because its a newer architecture.

Um an 6300 beats a sandy bridge i3 they came out at the same time... And the 6300 is overcloclable

No the atholon is better then the fx series currently for performance per core, because its a newer architecture.

Huh guess I was wrong. Sorry.

secretly buy i5, job done

secretly buy i5, job done

when we unboc the cpus it will say intel on the box lol

Can't he return his Athlon CPU and get an Intel i5? Just ... Go with an i5. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

I'll upgrade to an intel processor in 2 years. I've ordered an FX-8350, which has around the same performance as the i5 in games, but at a slightly lower price point

I'll upgrade to an intel processor in 2 years. I've ordered an FX-8350, which has around the same performance as the i5 in games, but at a slightly lower price point

Well, you won't notice the performance you don't gain, you'll be perfectly happy with your Gaming experience, but you're not getting the full performance you could've.

*sighs*

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Buying something because someone is pressuring you to isn't a good idea at all. You'll regret the decision. If you get the i5 now, you can use that upgrade money for a better graphics card in two years which will give you a much bigger boost.

In the end it is your call, this is just my two cents.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

the only part of me applauding you for buying 8350 is biased - AMD - the moral choice one

everything else is intel, sadly.

the only part of me applauding you for buying 8350 is biased - AMD - the moral choice one

everything else is intel, sadly.

Never had an intel or nvidia machine lol. He just told he wants us to be the "amd bros"

Never had an intel or nvidia machine lol. He just told he wants us to be the "amd bros"

if you are amd bros, be that, but then when they release zen, their next very powerful cpu, upgrade to it so you can play games normally and even record / stream !

EDIT: "play games normally" i mean, some games need powerful cpu. your minimum fps is higher then, above 30 fps always.