Every Major EA Franchise Going Free-To-Play

qwertywarrior

Great. Okay. EA. I thought we could give you another chance, even though it was the 1000th one. We can't give you any more chances. Please. STOP IT.

STOP IT.

Look at what you just did with Plants Vs Zombies 2. Yeah, F2P, indeed. But apparently unplayable without paying. I'm just too scared to install it so I won't.

EA please. GODDAMNIT I'M ANGRY.

*sees gaming industry die even more*

Thank you Valve to still exist. TF2 is one of the few F2P games that can be justified and are playable as normal without paying as well.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I just watched the full interview, not as what OP posted tbh. Its going to be limited in games, scope and regions and it seems to be only multiplayer content also (ie not single player games or the single player side of games)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Star Wars is going to be EAed on a level we were not expecting :( It will become P2W and that ruins every game. Instead of making games F2P why not just make them 30-40 bucks? 60 bucks is too much for a game that doesn't provide anything new, which is why I usually wait for a sale. However there are some games I would pay 60 bucks for, Star Citizen and Wild Hunt are the 2 that I can think of right of the top of my head, otherwise 40bucks is acceptable...

Look at what you just did with Plants Vs Zombies 2. Yeah, F2P, indeed. But apparently unplayable without paying. I'm just too scared to install it so I won't.

EA please. GODDAMNIT I'M ANGRY.

It really isn't, anyone who said that is pretty bad at tower defenses. It's definitely easier if you pay $4 for Torchwood or pay $100 for the million coins and use the swipe abilities to eat your way through the levels, but that isn't very fun. I haven't paid a dime and I've gotten every star challenge I can in under two days, but I'm also a PvZ addict.

I was disappointed with how pay to win it was, though. That was sad for me.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I personally really like Free to Play as long as it's done well. TF2 isn't "good, for a free game", it's good and also free, and also profitable. Very few games manage to strike that balance, either giving too much benefit to paying players that they can't sustain a community, or having nothing worth buying (which leads to no profit, thus they put in things which benefit paying players and we know how that goes).

All that said, if a company makes a "free" game they won't be thinking about "How can we make people want to tell their friends about this," they'll be thinking "Once they're playing, how can we trick them into giving us money?" Even TF2, with what I consider the best F2P model I've ever seen, is guilty of this; they shove crates in your face all the time and whisper about how maybe THIS one will be an unusual hat, while game-breaking bugs and overpowered weapons can last for months at a time. There's not really much need for retention, so they don't need to make it good.

oh dear god.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

dafuq is wrong with this company? ....... They seriously need new Management in there. Fresh Management means fresh ideas, and possibly less idiotic decissions being made within an already hated company.

I now know why EA was doing all this good stuff like the "good game guarantee".Ie.. If EA doesn't have any more paid games then what is there to return? :blink:

So they are just going to make you pay for little things nows?

$5 for a weapon in BF5 and no other way to upgrade other than to throw cash at it.

$30 for a brand a new map that is already in the game data just disabled

many more!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Free to play is horrible, it's always pay to win or Just has a terrible community. Goodbye battlefield, it was nice knowing you.

At least there will always be BF3 and BF4 ;P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

typical ea back at it again........

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

So I guess the "We can get better" comment lasted what?  One month?  That or Moore confused the word better with "greedier"

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

GG BF5? 

I hate to say it but F2P ruins game, absolutely ruins games.

It makes the community go to hell, just look at MOBA's.

I really hope this won't happen. I will always go with the $60 over F2P

You are so right. Not looking forward to it if this is a thing.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

This wouldn't be too bad if they brought back their sports franchise back to the PC! I'd love me some quality free to play NHL 14 on the PC. I'd prefer non free to play NHL games on the PC, but I'd take what I can get. The last NHL game was 09, and it was a terrible port of the PS2 version, not even the ps3 or xbox 360 version it was horrible.

This is somewhat rehashed old news, it was announced months back that they would be doing this. Then they made a small press release saying we misheard and only a few titles would be F2P model, yadda yadda yadda, looks like it's now back to their most popular games which they feel like they can get the most out of.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I watched the clip and I don't think he ever said all new games will be free to play, just that in some parts of the world "where they only play free to play games" EA is doing the free to play thing. And that he thinks its a good game model I think the huge thing we should take away is that pc gaming is #3 on EAs list behind consoles and smart phones, and just before platforms that they are developing nothing for like nvida shield.

good job EA

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

Judging by that  article they're just looking to expand on their range of ftp games. I think people are misinterpretting this, they're not going to ditch bf5 for a ftp version, thats what battlefield play4free is for. By the sound of it they are going to add play for free options of some of their other titles. I really don't see how this is a bad thing...

"We don't ship a game at EA that is offline."

^this.

And the Hate EA bandwagon jumpers fail to read yet again........

This is clearly beginning to show signs of a mental health issue.