Should i buy this? (250$ new in box oculus rift dk2)

carguy86

I have been offered an okulus rift dk2 new in box for 250usd, should i buy it?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

No, wait for CV1

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

No, wait for CV1

how much Møre would it cost? (Estimated price?)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Or better yet abandon Oculus as they're embracing shit strategies to divide all the VR markets, go with Valve VR instead.

how much Møre would it cost? (Estimated price?)

atm it should be between 300 and 500 bucks, but as long as nothing is released we can only guess.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Or better yet abandon Oculus as they're embracing shit strategies to divide all the VR markets, go with Valve VR instead.

the thing is, can any other new vr kit match the price?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

If they want to be the next big thing they have to! I don't see VR become big when it costs more than 500 bucks.

Who knows. Valve isn't forcing exclusivity and is being open, and isn't owned by fucking Facebook.

I think the choice is obvious.

Oculus is trying to win using console company strats, fuck em. PC is supposed to be open.

Who knows. Valve isn't forcing exclusivity and is being open, and isn't owned by fucking Facebook.

I think the choice is obvious.

Oculus is trying to win using console company strats, fuck em. PC is supposed to be open.

if i get a VR headset, could i use it instead of a monitor? (Only at lan parties, since dragning my asus vn247 is super clumsy)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

if i get a VR headset, could i use it instead of a monitor? (Only at lan parties, since dragning my asus vn247 is super clumsy)

Probably, I mean it's just a display.

Probably, I mean it's just a display.

cool, also the dude with the dk2 will drop the price to 170usd if i buy it tomorrow, should i go for it since i have the money?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

cool, also the dude with the dk2 will drop the price to 170usd if i buy it tomorrow, should i go for it since i have the money?

Not gonna lie, sounds a bit suspicious to me.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Could it be a fake, look up the numbers on the box on the manufacturer's website

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)