How do I clean the dust off my gpu?

DGaming

I start noticing that dust starts to form on my EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 gpu! And I really want to clean it, because Ive heard that the more dust you have the hotter the card runs ;/ But I dont know how? I dont want to touch the card so I really dont know how to clean the dust off it? Please help :D

Thanks ;)

Compressed air can is the best way.

@DGaming

Compressed air in can.

Sorry for my low english, but I'm trying my best  ;)

| MOBO: Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 || CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K || COOLER: Thermaltake HR-02 Macho Rev. B || RAM: 2x Patriot Signature DDR3 4GB 1333MHz CL9 || GPU: Msi GeForce GTX 750 TI Oc || PSU: Ocz StealthXStream 2 600W || STORAGE: Segate Barracuda 1 TB || CASE: Corsair Carbide Series 300R | 

compressed air is like $2.00 at most supermarkets in the US.

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

are they expensive?

About £1 in the UK

About £1 in the UK

compressed air is like $2.00 at most supermarkets in the US.

Aaa... okay then! Ill go and buy one tomorrow... do I blow on top of the gpu with it or from the side? Is there any special way I have to do it?

Aaa... okay then! Ill go and buy one tomorrow... do I blow on top of the gpu with it or from the side? Is there any special way I have to do it?

Just take it outside and blow the dust out! 

No real technique, if it doesn't work then take out the GPU and blow it down! 

Any method will work, it's impossible to damage anything with compressed air, just be careful of making the fan spin as it can damage the motor.

are they expensive?

make sure your system is off before you spray it off with the canned air. also you can remove the card and use some isopropyl alcohol and a anti static brush ( tooth brush ) to clean it more thoroughly. 

take the gpu out of your system then blow through the fins, if you have a reference cooler blow throw the fan or the top out the back, exhaust blowers just blow from anywhere as long as the dust gets out. Just take it out of your system first so you don't get the dust everywhere in your case. xD

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

Try to reach every spot of the card. However, please make sure you are using the "compressed air" properly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Try to reach every spot of the card. However, please make sure you are using the "compressed air" properly.

What do you mean use the compressed air properly? o-O :D

are they expensive?

no, they're under $3 :)

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

What do you mean use the compressed air properly? o-O :D

Compressed air cans are not filled with compressed air. If you shake the can, you can liquid slooshing around inside of it - that's because the liquid inside is rapidly turning into a gas, which gives you the "compressed air" effect. If you spray too quickly, the liquid will start spewing out and if you hold the can upside down, it'll freeze and when it's not frozen quite yet, spraying will once again, cause liquid to come out. It evaporates very quickly though, so if you accidentally get the liquid on the PCB, it should go away pretty quickly and not cause problems.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Compressed air is what I use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable/dp/B000MQ7DZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449336095&sr=8-1&keywords=Compressed+air - UK Link - Cheap

http://www.amazon.com/OffTM-Duster-Canned-Cleaner-Single/dp/B0002KHEC0/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1449336121&sr=8-18&keywords=Compressed+air+can - US Link - Cheap

Use it in small bursts otherwise you can end up with liquid that ends up coming out of the can if you buy some cheap ones. Use a straw like the one shown in the UK link as it's easier to clean dust out of areas you can't generally direct air at.

IT Student | Gamer | PC Enthusiast | Life Liver