So, Blizzard's Overwatch! *UPDATED* Release date 24th May

Samfisher

Funny I don't see an OW thread here, so let this be the one :)

Anyone in the beta?  Gonna shut down for a month in 5 days, but it has been a pretty fun closed beta.  I'm pretty good with Soldier 76 and Hanzo, alright with Pharah and Bastion.  I'll stay away from pre-ordering until I play more, in case I get sick of it like I did with Hearthstone beta and never played again after that.

I'm expecting to LOVE Overwatch release though!

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

Cinematic Reveal Trailer :

Gameplay trailer :

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I really wanted to get into the overwatch beta :( , I've played it at gamescom and loved it, apparently bastion is OP to begin with(it felt like that when I played as him) and then as time progresses people learn and he's a lot more balanced. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I really wanted to get into the overwatch beta :( , I've played it at gamescom and loved it, apparently bastion is OP to begin with(it felt like that when I played as him) and then as time progresses people learn and he's a lot more balanced. 

When defending, Bastion and a good Torbjorn are totally nuts!  Did you not get in to the weekend Stress Test last week? Or was it 2 weeks ago.  They will be inviting more beta testers when it reopens mid-Jan :D

whats overwatch

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/

Blizzard's new team FPS :)  Pretty damn fun IMHO.  I never could get into TF2, and this is my drug currently.

Cinematic announcement trailer

http://us.battle.net/overwatch/en/media/

When defending, Bastion and a good Torbjorn are totally nuts!  Did you not get in to the weekend Stress Test last week? Or was it 2 weeks ago.  They will be inviting more beta testers when it reopens mid-Jan :D

I didn't really check, I've been quite busy recently, doing a project at uni and it's a total bitch. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I didn't really check, I've been quite busy recently, doing a project at uni and it's a total bitch. 

Well hopefully you get it in Jan, if your workload is any lighter, and test it out :D

snip

I will say it looks interesting, how's the balance (I understand that a large point of a beta is to fix issues in balance along with bugs)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I've been signed up since it was announced months ago, but still no invite...

I played it on the last evening of the beta stress test weekend and really liked the game, but I wonder if I will pre-order as long term the game hasn't convinced me just yet.

I will say it looks interesting, how's the balance (I understand that a large point of a beta is to fix issues in balance along with bugs)

Balance is good, but many people are new to the game, and some are pretty stubborn in switching characters for the good of the team.  We can have a whole team turtling in defence and nobody in the offence team would switch to a char that can deal with turrets etc, but games rarely last more than 5-7 minutes at a time, so it ends pretty quickly, no long drawn out pain :D

The skill cap for some heroes are pretty high, Hanzo, Tracer, Reaper a few to mention.

• 3 weeks later...

Did a little edit, 2 hour tutorial from Lynda.com :P  I'm hyped as all hell for the release!

• 1 month later...

Beta will be back on 9th February! If anyone here plays, post here so we can organize a play together or something :D

7 hours ago, Samfisher said:

Beta will be back on 9th February! If anyone here plays, post here so we can organize a play together or something :D

Is there some secret club to get a beta invite??? :'(

I signed up when the beta was 1st announced, again once it started, AGAIN when it started picking up on YT channels, and probably 1-2 times in between and still nothing 

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

Is there some secret club to get a beta invite??? :'(

I signed up when the beta was 1st announced, again once it started, AGAIN when it started picking up on YT channels, and probably 1-2 times in between and still nothing 

You only need to sign up once :P They are sending out a new wave of invites though, not sure when but definitely during this next beta phase!

4 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

You only need to sign up once :P They are sending out a new wave of invites though, not sure when but definitely during this next beta phase!

I know that's what they said when I tried to sign up a second time on my main. But that was months ago and nothing since the original confirmation. That's why I signed up again with different a/cs xD

I can't be that unlucky I missed all the invite waves lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

10 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

I know that's what they said when I tried to sign up a second time on my main. But that was months ago and nothing since the original confirmation. That's why I signed up again with different a/cs xD

I can't be that unlucky I missed all the invite waves lol

Well considering the hundreds and thousands and possibly millions of Blizzard fans who signed up, chances are pretty low IMHO!

6 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

Well considering the hundreds and thousands and possibly millions of Blizzard fans who signed up, chances are pretty low IMHO!

But every1 I know got in awhile ago...

This is just like the Division beta! :'(

1 minute ago, GeekJump said:

Hopefully you get into this wave! Pretty fun game :P

1 hour ago, GeekJump said:

you could have bought a Division Beta key for a few cents on G2A

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

50 minutes ago, ManOfDisguise said:

you could have bought a Division Beta key for a few cents on G2A

I never had a good exp. with G2A and I did properly sign up to receive a beta code but randomly got put on the waiting list instead. 

Plus I don't want to spend money -no matter how much- on a 3 day beta for a game :P

I hope i get a Key this Time....i want try it myself.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I'm excited.  Didn't get in last time, but I got a calendar reminder for it all set!

cFkqdtb.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

On 05/02/2016 at 9:06 AM, Drunken Savior said:

I'm excited.  Didn't get in last time, but I got a calendar reminder for it all set!

cFkqdtb.jpg

You got 2 days to prepare to be disappointed ;)