So, Blizzard's Overwatch! *UPDATED* Release date 24th May

Samfisher
On 2/7/2016 at 5:25 AM, Samfisher said:

You got 2 days to prepare to be disappointed ;)

Well I was rooting for Carolina to show up yesterday.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

On 2/5/2016 at 9:06 AM, Drunken Savior said:

I'm excited.  Didn't get in last time, but I got a calendar reminder for it all set!

cFkqdtb.jpg

How's the calendar looking?? It's up :P

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Just now, CatCloud said:

once again, not invited :( 
i find it funny how they claimed this would be there biggest Beta invite ever, lol.

Considering that there are potentially millions who signed up for the beta, biggest invite could still only be low tens of thousands!

Always the bridesmaid...

At least XCOM 2 loves me.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

On 10/02/2016 at 7:50 AM, Drunken Savior said:

Always the bridesmaid...

At least XCOM 2 loves me.

If it's any consolation I'm having a ton of fun :D My friend however is a salty salty man, every loss he gets saltier and saltier, but I have no heart to tell him that his hero choices contribute his teams losing.

They've fixed a lot of the problems that existed in the first beta. It's been much more enjoyable this time around. I was in a game last night where all 6 of us were Bastion sitting on the point, it was hilarious. Def needs some balance for stuff like that lol.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

4 hours ago, Fooshi said:

Overwatch is like the only game I've been looking forward to in ages. Hoping for a beta invite.

Also, Tracer is best waifu.

Nah, bastion is love, bastion is life :P

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

3 hours ago, werto165 said:

Nah, bastion is love, bastion is life :P

Eat my Pharah rockets ;)

I cry everytime someone shows me an Overwatch gameplay. I've been waiting and grinding my ass to get into beta, but I'm always too late (ranges from a second too late to god knows how late I am). I'm more than willing to get fucked for a beta invite... so, yeah. But if no beta is coming out prior to release, I may as well pre-order.

Honestly, I haven't been disappointed in any pay-to-play Blizzard game except World of Warcraft. But looking at what alot of other developers have been doing (in variations of games as bad as Ride to Hell: Road to Retribution, to something as meh as that Mad Max video game, to as FUBAR'd in optimization as Arkham Knight during release, to as disappointing as Fallout 4 [I personally found it disappointing], to something as good and as fun as Witcher 3, or even to an extent of as surprising as Undertale [in a positive way]). I dunno if Blizzard may follow the same path.

8 minutes ago, WynLore said:

I cry everytime someone shows me an Overwatch gameplay. I've been waiting and grinding my ass to get into beta, but I'm always too late (ranges from a second too late to god knows how late I am). I'm more than willing to get fucked for a beta invite... so, yeah. But if no beta is coming out prior to release, I may as well pre-order.

Honestly, I haven't been disappointed in any pay-to-play Blizzard game except World of Warcraft. But looking at what alot of other developers have been doing (in variations of games as bad as Ride to Hell: Road to Retribution, to something as meh as that Mad Max video game, to as FUBAR'd in optimization as Arkham Knight during release, to as disappointing as Fallout 4 [I personally found it disappointing], to something as good and as fun as Witcher 3, or even to an extent of as surprising as Undertale [in a positive way]). I dunno if Blizzard may follow the same path.

There will be more invite waves as confirmed by the OW Twitter acc so hopefully you get into the next few invites!

10 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

There will be more invite waves as confirmed by the OW Twitter acc so hopefully you get into the next few invites!

I hope there won't be some last minute bullshit thats gonna happen on my end. Most of the time, I never get beta access to games because of emergency from work, family, friends, etc..., and I keep coming back home, realizing that there's no more keys for those games that I actually waited for a beta pass into. Like, as if signing up and winning a chance to get into beta wasn't already enough of an annoying problem. (Now I remember why I torrented a pirate copy of CoD:BOIII to see if that might be the CoD I've been waiting for in terms of a substantial upgrade since getting into beta was a bitch and I have no friends and family who likes CoD at all).

If I don't get into the next few invites, I am seriously gonna suck some dick and swallow some cum for onegonna be flipping my shit. Overwatch may actually be the first game I'm actually pre-ordering when push comes to shove.

Just now, WynLore said:

I hope there won't be some last minute bullshit thats gonna happen on my end. Most of the time, I never get beta access to games because of emergency from work, family, friends, etc..., and I keep coming back home, realizing that there's no more keys for those games that I actually waited for a beta pass into. Like, as if signing up and winning a chance to get into beta wasn't already enough of an annoying problem. 

If I don't get into the next few invites, I am seriously gonna suck some dick and swallow some cum for onegonna be flipping my shit. Overwatch may actually be the first game I'm actually pre-ordering when push comes to shove.

After Beta 1 I was definitely more in love with OW than I was before but it was relatively short as I only got my full beta access on the stress test weekend.  The next few weeks/months will tell me if getting the CE is worth it cos if I get bored in beta, it's not worth the price.

2 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

After Beta 1 I was definitely more in love with OW than I was before but it was relatively short as I only got my full beta access on the stress test weekend.  The next few weeks/months will tell me if getting the CE is worth it cos if I get bored in beta, it's not worth the price.

I seriously hate beta test invite systems like this, even if it is for legit good reasons. I mean, come on, I wish IRL bullshit wouldn't just coincidentally fuck with me on moments like getting a beta key when its up for grabs on social media, or getting an idea that when I did sign up for the beta, the waiting list is actually soooo long that by the time the official release is out, the guys on the waiting list wouldn't be able to test it for shit. Sure, in Overwatch's case, the servers (or... something, if the system's multiplayer is on peer-to-peer [like Warframe]) are unlikely to handle a ton of people in the game on day one because 1.) Its Blizzard. Expect motherfuckers lining up a week before the release, with a tent, a piss bucket, a shitter, food and water, and the scent of a motherfucker that hasn't bathed for shit... and they've all lined up. 2.) I don't think Blizzard would dare gamble it to that degree on day 1. I mean, first impressions mean alot. Last thing you wanna do is fuck it up.

• 1 month later...

Release date announced :) Anyone else got into the beta so far? :D