Tech Gifts for Non-techies Giveaway!

I would get my wife a Steam Link / Controller combo so that she can enjoy Civ V on my 47" TV confortably lying on our bed. Streaming from my overpowerfull pc when I'm away.

da amazon link

Best Friend who is far away 

Hey guys I just want to say this is a very awesome give away and I support it 10 out of 10!

I would like to get my best friend a proper night viewing (telescope) device not just her eyes, as one of her favourite things to do is stare at the night sky. She has never owned anything like this before and I know she would be ecstatic and extremely appreciative. Especially as she has so much sky to view in her home away from all the town lights. Thank you again for doing this give away.

http://www.amazon.com/Orion-SpaceProbe-Equatorial-Reflector-Telescope/dp/B00D05BKOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449737025&sr=8-1&keywords=orion 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WK47VEW/ref=twister_B017T99JPG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I would go with a Bose Soundlink Mini. I know, it's a bit expensive, but it works... And since I know, that my last years gifts are sitting in some dark corner collecting dust, because they had one or two little and easy to fix problems, I'm going with something like the Soundlink this year...

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

I would get a HP Envy 5660 wireless printer (link) for everyone in the house to use.

In this house, there are my parents who run a small family business, and then there's me and my two brothers who are still in school.

Printing is a big part of our lives and we are still using a 10 year old printer that has to be connected through a type B USB connector. Since it's a wired printer, only one person can print at a time. If we had a wireless printer, we could all queue up our documents and wouldn't have worry about waiting for the USB cable. The higher PPM will also help those who are printing multiple pages at a time.

| CPU Intel Core i9-10850K

| FAN Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

| MB MSI MEG Z490 UNIFY

| RAM 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 CL16

| GPU EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
| STORAGE 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 + 2TB Western Digital Black + 10TB Western Digital White
| PSU EVGA 850W P2
| CASE be quiet! Silent Base 601

My dad has been using this old computer that has been gathering rust for the past 7-9 years with only 512MB of ram on Windows XP! Seriously, like it takes him sooo long to open a webpage then, for example, to click on Facebook or Youtube. The overall speed is just terrible. As a very surprising gift (I will be purchasing a new motherboard for him) and with a lot of help from you guys, I would like to get him Corsair Dominator Plat Series DDR4 16GB ram. I think he might have a heart attack from how fast the overall computer will be, and it would probably lengthen his life from waiting all the time for everything to load!

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Dominator-Platinum-Memory-CMD16GX4M4B3000C15/dp/B00NP6671M/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1449738414&sr=1-12&keywords=corsair+ram 

Thanks so much guys <3

A Nvidia Shield Console for my Father.
http://www.amazon.com/NVIDIA-SHIELD-Pro-Streaming-Chromecast-Performance/dp/B00XO7AK1U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449738411&sr=8-2&keywords=nvidia+shield+console

Because my father TV is not realiable for getting TV Channel and an internet TV/Entertainment box will realy help him watching TV and doing stuff.

I would like gift my mom a pc ..

because last year when i was out i called my mom and asked to get on Skype but my old computer is no more useful for that i was very upset to not see her.so i would like if you guys provide her an pc.i know that you would say to gift her myself but i am not able to pay around 30000 rupees by myself .so please gift her an pc any kind of so that i can teach her how to use it .thanks for reading..

A Samsung 5.1 Channel 500 Watt Bluetooth Blu-ray Home Theater System ( http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Channel-Bluetooth-Blu-ray-Theater/dp/B00WZOE28U/ref=sr_1_8?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1449738016&sr=1-8&keywords=home+theater+system&refinements=p_72%3A1248879011%2Cp_36%3A-30000 )

I want to give it to my mom and of course my whole family.

My family's home theater set is already broken and can't be use since a long time ago. It has been a while since the last time my family can enjoy watching movies with dolby quality.. Hopefully I win xD

Thanksss!

My brother just got accepted into med school this year. Originally, he was the one who introduced me to video gaming, however once he got accepted to private high school (IMSA) he moved away from home and it seemed he lost his sense of technology/gaming.  Later on, in order to save money he started community from home to college, I started to noticed he would never spend money on a good pair of headphones even opting to a used pair of $20 safety earmuffs protection and $10 earbuds as a ghetto rig noise canceling headphones when he was studying for the MCAT. So as a going away present, it would be amazing if he could receive a pair Bose noise cancelling headphones for his achievements as he always had his eyes on them, but never bought it due to the price.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VW7U8X4/ref=twister_B0105VDCZ8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I had the exact same issues with my parents and having absolutely no idea how to use multiple remotes to control multiple devices connected to the TV, getting them to watch a Blueray / DVD without my help was impossible !! 

The solution to this was a Logitech Harmony Ultimate One  Universal Remote control.  Having a customisable touch screen meant i could program it to say exactly what i knew they would understand, instead of a default thing like "Satellite TV" I could label it "Foxtel" (the Aussie pay tv provider) and also put a nice colour icon next to each activity and channel. 
The remote had a built in Help mechanism which isn't perfect is enough to get them through simple problems like the TV is on the wrong input.

This one device has really made my life a lot easier and was worth every single dollar !! 

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmony-Ultimate-Customizable-915-000224/dp/B00IAKLM54 

I would give my father the Amazon Fire 10 as a holiday gift. He's been asking me if I could get him a tablet so that he could have something to use anywhere around the house whether its doing a quick search, controlling our chromecast or watching videos.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VKIY9RG/ref=fs_ods_fs_tab_ts

Thanks in advance and have a happy holiday Linus Tech Tips team 

A samsung s4 mini would be a nice gift to give to my younger brother since he is stuck for all those years with a nokia 5310 (yes that is a veeery old piece of hardwork with a problematic battery too :P).

Basically any smarthone would be a good upgrade to get him in the android "era" :P

I would love to give my father in law a NAS machine, he always fumbles around with old usb external hard drive. Or uses up all the drive space on both his computers because he like to take vacation pictures and movies. 

So something like this, which can also stream, since he loves watching movies:

http://www.amazon.com/Synology-DiskStation-Diskless-Attached-DS214play/dp/B00FWUQNDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449738946&sr=8-1&keywords=synology+plex

Has to be the fiio e6 portable amp and the ATH m50x for my brother. I don't want to write a sob story but the truth is, he likes music, he is in a wheel chair so he can't move as much and he goes no where without his Ipod and headphones, we can't get these in Pakistan, at-least not at an affordable price. 

But hey, everybody has there own stories and I hope someone with a one wins :D

I don't want to enter but I've always had good success with the Roku 3 the remote has like 10 buttons and auto reboots if it fails leading to not being called.