Why can't we have a Star Wars themed build?

thorpj

Okay so, Star Wars Battlefront has been released, and Luke said that they won't do a Star Wars build because they've missed the launch. Which is fair enough.

The thing is, most PC gamers don't give a rats behind about Battlefront. 

547LOcr.jpg

This is what we all (most) care about. So, (provided that LTT wants to, (regarding user stats and all that) why not do a Star Wars build for Star Wars The Force Awakens. 

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

They have better things to do than do Mod builds

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Because Disney copyrights are not something a sane man messes with./jk

WTF would they build an R2D2 computer, it's been done before unlike their fallout bomb build

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I honestly don't think you can make a Star Wars build without making it look cheap. But maybe that's just my feelings on the matter.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

They have better things to do than do Mod builds

Not really.

I mean they've raced dildos before, and do things like that constantly.

Yea it's funny, but it's not "better"

-snip-

I would love a star wars build.

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Not really.

I mean they've raced dildos before, and do things like that constantly.

Yea it's funny, but it's not "better"

it would take way too much time for it to be worth it for just one video unless you want a seven part series once a week....

it would take way too much time for it to be worth it for just one video unless you want a seven part series once a week....

They did a Fallout one and it was 2 videos, and it was only 2 parts because it didn't work out so well the first time, otherwise it would have been one.

So basically the Fallout build. I'm pretty sure (Vessel) that Luke said they'd want to do more themed builds.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

They did a Fallout one and it was 2 videos, and it was only 2 parts because it didn't work out so well the first time, otherwise it would have been one.

yeah fallout is a small build though 

Three videos, the conclusion is on Vessel at the moment.

The main problem with the Fallout build was the form factor. But, Luke did well with what he had.

3 parts if you include the pointless conclusion .

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So basically the Fallout build. I'm pretty sure (Vessel) that Luke said they'd want to do more themed builds.

they wouldnt want their videos to be star wars for a week. also fallout was a small build. a theme like star wars (possibly) steam punk build takes a long time

Because Disney copyrights are not something a sane man messes with./jk

WTF would they build an R2D2 computer, it's been done before unlike their fallout bomb build

No one said R2D2. Maybe BB8, or something like that.

yeah fallout is a small build though 

What does this even matter? The size of it doesn't matter, arguably it took longer because of how small it was... Still has the same amount of components as any other PC.

If fallout a small build is three videos a star wrs build would be expected to be much more epic instead of a refresh of the fallout build

What does this even matter? The size of it doesn't matter, arguably it took longer because of how small it was... Still has the same amount of components as any other PC.

because it would take less time. than modding a desktop pc.....

No one said R2D2. Maybe BB8, or something like that.

True, idk they aren't likely to do it as star wars doesn't have much to do with the PC community minus battlefront which is just EAs new cash grab

BTW if you couldn't tell I love star wars

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

True, idk they aren't likely to do it as star wars doesn't have much to do with the PC community minus battlefront which is just EAs new cash grab

What?

Sorry, but i would argue that Star Wars is closer to the PC community than a lot of things.

I've never met someone who's into PCs, that isn't at least a small Star Wars fan

What?

Sorry, but i would argue that Star Wars is closer to the PC community than a lot of things.

I've never met someone who's into PCs, that isn't at least a small Star Wars fan

not a star wars fan lack of plot and too many plotholes

What?

I meant directly, as in the way a franchise like Fallout which originated as a PC game series, I don't know what they have in the works for ideas, I'm sure some of them are fans given the storm trooper helmet, but they usually pick ideas rather randomly so who knows.

not a star wars fan lack of plot and too many plotholes

Fair enough. But there are plenty of people in the PC community who are star wars fans.

This makes me wish i'd setup a vote...

I meant directly, as in the way a franchise like Fallout which originated as a PC game series, I don't know what they have in the works for ideas, I'm sure some of them are fans given the storm trooper helmet, but they usually pick ideas rather randomly so who knows.

It might not be directly, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't do it, right?

Fair enough. But there are plenty of people in the PC community who are star wars fans.

This makes me wish i'd setup a vote...

i just finished watching it before the movie comes out for the first time ever. and i dont remember what happened in some of the movies lol.

Here's a poll for everyone. I'm doubtful as to whether we'll get a decent sample size, but let's have a go.

http://strawpoll.me/6155218