Schoolgirl found hanging from tree after suffering from 'rare allergic reaction to WiFi'

Gajender Yadav

:mellow: You don't like wifi?

Nope, I don't, it is less reliable than a hardline (by this I mean signal strength), prone to being hacked into in high population areas (like where I live), and routers with wifi tend to need to be reset more often than my lan router which hasn't been reset in 2 years.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

EHS affects less than 1% of the worlds population.

We are all somewhat sensitive to electromagnetic fields... Some less than others, however MOSTLY EVERYONE never experiences anything from it. I'm sure there was something else going on with the kid... Not EHS. An on-going pain wouldn't cause a kid to go hang themselves. Especially when the pain seems more prominent at school. Something would of been said, or someone would have noticed the extreme pain she was in and would had been taken to a doctor to get diagnosed. She hung herself for some selfless reason. 

Look, I hate Wi-fi as much as the next guy (but only because it's unreliable AF) but when you've been bombarded by EM radiation since before your egg cell started dividing, you're not gonna get headaches from radio transmissions 15 whole years later. This was either a psychological problem or some other physical issue.

How many watts of point-blank radio exposure do you think it would take to instantly and noticeably harm someone? Radio transmits at such low frequencies that it either dies when it hits a solid object or it goes straight through. You're more at risk by standing in front of an infrared lamp, because that has much higher energy.

I'd bring someone claiming to be sensitive to Wi-fi into a doctors office and have a chat with them. Then after they'd explained to me what was going on, without any symptoms at that time, I'd pull out a good old Linksys WRT54G that has been streaming video to a tablet the whole time the interview had taken place. Then I'd know if it's psychological or not.

What, are they going to be allergic to 802.11n and not ac or g?

That's how ridiculous this is.

I'd bring someone claiming to be sensitive to Wi-fi into a doctors office and have a chat with them. Then after they'd explained to me what was going on, without any symptoms at that time, I'd pull out a good old Linksys WRT54G that has been streaming video to a tablet the whole time the interview had taken place. Then I'd know if it's psychological or not.

What, are they going to be allergic to 802.11n and not ac or g?

That's how ridiculous this is.

It shows in double blind tests that the test subjects often got it wrong as to whether or not there was wifi present in the room - but they would be ill when they believe it was - this shows its a psychological issue

Its still an issue- those people need help but its not the cause

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yep, the only worse paper is The Sun.

How about the daily mail?

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

It shows in double blind tests that the test subjects often got it wrong as to whether or not there was wifi present in the room - but they would be ill when they believe it was - this shows its a psychological issue

Its still an issue- those people need help but its not the cause

I'd use a wi-fi router that has its antennae modded so that the signal is amplified to hell and back. Only cure is to convince people in their minds that wi-fi sickness isn't a thing. As long as they believe it, their brain will make it so.

Anyone watched better call saul? It's a psychological thing clearly.

It's just like having a mobile phone mast increases the risk of pretty much everything on this planet; it's placebo. Essentially, people think that it's causing them ill but it really isn't, what really needs addressing here is the psychological issues behind this, what is really causing the problem rather than "WiFi".

Planet Earth and its inhabitants have been bombarded with solar and cosmic background radiation since life began on this planet. If there were organisms which committed suicide from the presence of radio waves, they'd have died off hundreds of millions of years ago. I mean, good grief, you EMIT infrared! I dread to think what would happen if we could convince people that they were allergic to infrared! It'd be like the Wicked Witch of the West, being allergic to water!

Its not "fake" it just doesnt exist, however people do have real symptoms and attribute them to EHS - however EHS has no medical or scientific basis, and is not considered a real diagnosis - it is considered a psychological illness

That's kinda what I meant.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)