Adding VRAM to GTX 780 from a 7850

PhegMan
Go to solution Solved by mikat,

Hey everyone! I haven't been in the loop of tech news recently due to intense times with school but that's finally over now! 

So here's whats going on, I have my old 7850 collecting dust in my cupboard and I hate seeing good tech wasting away like that. At the moment I'm running a 3GB GTX 780 in my desktop which struggles to keep up with some games at full resolution (mostly due to a shortage in VRAM). I've heard of DX12 now allowing the use of AMD and Nvidia cards in the same system now and want to know if anyone has done or has ideas on how to use an AMD card to assist rendering to the Nvidia card and if it would benefit by allowing more VRAM, like crossfire or SLI but AMD and Nvidia.

So any possibility or am I completely crazy and just being to much of a tight ass to drop another $600 AUD on another 780??

Thanks in advance for help!! 

you cannot SLI nvidia and amd together?

and almost no games support the features that dx12 offers

Hey everyone! I haven't been in the loop of tech news recently due to intense times with school but that's finally over now! 

So here's whats going on, I have my old 7850 collecting dust in my cupboard and I hate seeing good tech wasting away like that. At the moment I'm running a 3GB GTX 780 in my desktop which struggles to keep up with some games at full resolution (mostly due to a shortage in VRAM). I've heard of DX12 now allowing the use of AMD and Nvidia cards in the same system now and want to know if anyone has done or has ideas on how to use an AMD card to assist rendering to the Nvidia card and if it would benefit by allowing more VRAM, like crossfire or SLI but AMD and Nvidia.

So any possibility or am I completely crazy and just being to much of a tight ass to drop another $600 AUD on another 780??

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Thanks! Any other uses for the 7850 other than selling since it wouldn't fetch much?

i7 3770 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus GTX 780 | Corsair H100i | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W | Obsidian 650D | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro

Thanks! Any other uses for the 7850 other than selling since it wouldn't fetch much?

Upgrade any friends potato GPU to the 7850. So he can play games with you.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz