AMD’s Fastest Radeon , Fury X2, Launching In December – Two Fiji XT GPUs And A Terabyte Of Memory Bandwidth

Mr_Troll

But... that's not how it works....

Also, nice to see this is the card set to become the king of all 28nm cards, seeing how Nvidia isn't going to release any dual maxwell cards. This year has me optimistic about AMD, as long as Zen doesn't crap out then I believe they are on the road to recovery.

DX12 might for some games.

I believe this card will truly shine with DX12 games.

Woah woah woah. A 375w card made from 2 cards with a tdp of over 250w each? I need to see this to believe it.

I think it will be more of 2 nano's not 2 fury x's (the high efficient binned chips)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Woah woah woah. A 375w card made from 2 cards with a tdp of over 250w each? I need to see this to believe it.

It's likely the exact same thing the nanos did. After all they are clocked at the same speed and 175x2 is much more reasonable than 250x2. Now who cares provided no one goes full regard and uses air cooling, since overclocking... Duh.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

But... that's not how it works....

You're right but 4gb hbm is good enough for 8k gaming. the Fury X can compete with the 980 ti and titan x at those resolutions

wI7F2lj.png

Is this rlly the type of shit AMD should be focusing on right now...?

Smh -_-

new gpu price ranges? Why not? It's not like they're going to magically release their new gen faster if they dont do this.

I wonder if it scales with using a dual GPU, or if the architecture limits its from hitting its peak, 

But thats like 14 b transistors in one card, 15 gflops of power

they're talking about a 80% scaling. AMD is much better at crossfire then Nvidia is at SLI

edit: Would it be so hard to make a single chip with twice the surface area instead of splitting into 2 chips?

when a single card will probably outperform your dual GPU setup. :( I need the flagship gp100 based titan to be released already so I can upgrade  

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

DX12 might for some games.

I believe this card will truly shine with DX12 games.

Just like the SRAM in Xbone, developers need to design their game/program to use it.

new gpu price ranges? Why not? It's not like they're going to magically release their new gen faster if they dont do this.

they're talking about a 80% scaling. AMD is much better at crossfire then Nvidia is at SLI

edit: Would it be so hard to make a single chip with twice the surface area instead of splitting into 2 chips?

Probably-they'd have to redesign the GPU however.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You're right but 4gb hbm is good enough for 8k gaming. the Fury X can compete with the 980 ti and titan x at those resolutions

wI7F2lj.png

Interesting. Never quite noticed the difference HBM made, probably because nobody normally tests past 4k.

The reason why is because either they physically cannot make a die that big, or that if they did the yields woulds be ridiculously low.  

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Yay - it's TDP (and likely power draw) will be on par with a GTX 480 ^_^

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Yay - it's TDP (and likely power draw) will be on par with a GTX 480 ^_^

Shhh.....you'll make AMD want to use their version of Thermi's cooler.

PMSL

Shhh.....you'll make AMD want to use their version of Thermi's cooler.

Blower coolers for all! :D - funnily enough - I wonder what a 3-slot blower cooler would be like

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Just like the SRAM in Xbone, developers need to design their game/program to use it.

Probably-they'd have to redesign the GPU however.

I'm hoping game devs stop being lazy by the time I buy Zen(if it's good) and Arctic Islands.

I think it will be more of 2 nano's not 2 fury x's (the high efficient binned chips)

But wasn't the only difference between them the cooler, clock speed, and power delivery?

It's likely the exact same thing the nanos did. After all they are clocked at the same speed and 175x2 is much more reasonable than 250x2. Now who cares provided no one goes full regard and uses air cooling, since overclocking... Duh.

Didn't the nanos never reach 1000mhz without bumping up the voltage though? They usually only reached around 900mhz, so wouldn't the actual tdp still be higher?

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I'm hoping game devs stop being lazy by the time I buy Zen(if it's good) and Arctic Islands.

If something doesn't need to be implemented, it wont be used.

PMSL

You already have.

But wasn't the only difference between them the cooler, clock speed, and power delivery?

Didn't the nanos never reach 1000mhz without bumping up the voltage though? They usually only reached around 900mhz, so wouldn't the actual tdp still be higher?

you can't reduce the TPD by 100W by reducing clockspeed by 100MHz - it's a reworked power-delivery and very high-binned chips

you can't reduce the TPD by 100W by reducing clockspeed by 100MHz - it's a reworked power-delivery and very high-binned chips

Just like the 390/390X. Although in those cases AMD binned the GPU, and left the rest to the graphics card manufacturers.

PMSL

With the PCB size of HBM-based cards, it's high time for a triple-GPU card.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just like the 390/390X. Although in those cases AMD binned the GPU, and left the rest to the graphics card manufacturers.

to a certain extent yes - though they did fix some flaws in the power delivery

last ichecked they throtled due to heat not voltage. since this is watercooled that won't be the case.

I believe they'd have to be using much higher binned chips (like the Fury Mini) as well as the fact that they're powering a single board as opposed to two.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Welp, Ares 4 confirmed pretty much.

My poor wallet.

i will be saving for an ares 5 since i already have a dual fiji machine preordered. hope you will join me on the 5 battlefield from Ares :D