PlayStation 4 sales hit 30 million

I come to realize when it comes to electronics there is no such thing as future proof. companies don't want to build goods that will play future games on max setting they want you to buy new, this goes with PC components as well as phones hell even house hold appliances. We live in a throw away world now.

While this is completely true, I just meant delivering a console that can at least initially deliver some good visuals, and for a while. You know, like a GTX960 or 970 equivalent GPU. Something that has no trouble whatsoever delivering good 1080p performance, which is really all they need, since nothing (single card) currently delivers good 4K performance. They'll get their obsolescence either way.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

I'm not trying to argue about anything, but it's really annoying when people just throw up PC Master Race, especially when the discussion doesn't even involve the PC.

LTT Forums has a huge number of very young members who think that anyone who buys a console is an idiot. 

Funniest thing is that, "PC Gaming Masterrace" and that console gaming peasants picture was a term coined as a joke by a predominantly console gamer. 

It was a joke. Not trying to start a war. I honestly hate the elitist "PCMR" mentality.

Then stop perpetuating it.

A joke is usually only funny for a finite amount of time. The #PCMasterRace rubbish has been going on for years. It makes us look like a group of egotistical asses trying far too desperately to justify our personal purchasing decisions by arguing about how superior they are to everyone else's.

It's juvenile.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Very impressed and while this is completely anecdotal... I find that PS4 seems to be getting all the exclusives, well at least exclusive content, on its platform. I walked into Best Buy and Wal-Mart the other day and I had known that Black Ops 3 had signed a deal with PlayStation but every poster for Battlefront was a PlayStation blue and I believe Fallout was the same.

only 30 million? It's already incapable of keeping up at 1080p in games and it hasnt even reached a quarter of the steam playerbase?

PS: Just under 75 million PC units were sold in the last quarter alone.

only 30 million? It's already incapable of keeping up at 1080p in games and it hasnt even reached a quarter of the steam playerbase?

PS: Just under 75 million PC units were sold in the last quarter alone.

How many of those where OEM POS?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I come to realize when it comes to electronics there is no such thing as future proof. companies don't want to build goods that will play future games on max setting they want you to buy new, this goes with PC components as well as phones hell even house hold appliances. We live in a throw away world now.

I think the console manufacturers have really shown this to be true this time round. PS3 etc were pretty damn good at release, but the new gen have proved to be very poor in comparison.

Nothing is built to last nowadays, its built to make you want to get the newer version with 18 months ....

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Wow! There are certainly a lot of peasants out there... 

This shit is so 2010

In the world of gaming, it's all about exclusives. Also, you realize most PC gamers more than likely own consoles too, right?

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

This shit is so 2010

In the world of gaming, it's all about exclusives. Also, you realize most PC gamers more than likely own consoles too, right?

I still own my Original Xbox. Doesn't mean that it gets used much as I've had no need for it since I was finally able to replace my Pentium III desktop at the start of last year.

PMSL

How many of those where OEM POS?

If they have a HD 530, they're probably close performance-wise.

If they have a HD 530, they're probably close performance-wise.

Uhh.....no, no they wouldn't.

PMSL

Uhh.....no, no they wouldn't.

I just watched a video of a HD 530 on fallout 4 doing 22 fps at 1080p

I just watched a video of a HD 530 on fallout 4 doing 22 fps at 1080p

The GPU still isn't as powerful.

PMSL

While this is completely true, I just meant delivering a console that can at least initially deliver some good visuals, and for a while. You know, like a GTX960 or 970 equivalent GPU. Something that has no trouble whatsoever delivering good 1080p performance, which is really all they need, since nothing (single card) currently delivers good 4K performance. They'll get their obsolescence either way.

A big part of that probably has to due with the fact that Maxwell wasn't out at the time of the PS4s release and increasing TDP in a small plastic box is a double edged sword for longevity, reliability and performance in general. The PS4 uses about 120w of power, while the load power consumption of a 7870 is above that. The PS4s die size of its processor is 348mm², spitting distance from the size of the 7970 die and its questionable how much larger it could be pushed before yields would become a significant issue, there is already 2 CU disabled to improve yeilds so its unlikely making the die bigger would be a good idea.

Besides, the PS4 is plenty future proof as long as developers are aware of the platform they are developing on. Take note that the PS4 can run anything from, objectively one of the best looking games ever released at a unbroken 30FPS

The_Order_644_Frame_2864_1422884099.jpg

to many mediocre poorly thought out games that peform like hot garbage

original.jpg

Same hardware, vastly different results. That's the end case here, developers can try to effectively use the PS4 and get some great results, or they can just do the minimum effort.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R