Is my framerate suppose to be like this?

_Chaotic_

I just received a gtx 980 ti g1 gaming and I'm not sure if it's suppose to be like this, or if I have a bottleneck somewhere, and I wanted to know if anyone knows if this is normal.

I've been trying out some games on it, and honestly from majority of the videos I've seen, they are getting in some cases triple my framerate in games, with the same processor.

Here are games I've tried out, on Ultra 1080p:

ARK - min 27, max 61, avg 47

GTA IV - min 22, max 34, avg 30

GTA V - min 32, max 64, avg 48

Witcher 2 - min 24, max 68, avg 46

Far Cry 4 - min 30, max 50, avg 47

Well get rid of GTA IV and ARK since they are always bad performance wise. Did you have MSAA turned on?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Well get rid of GTA IV and ARK since they are always bad performance wise. Did you have MSAA turned on?

Yes, but even in videos I've seen they would have it enabled and be getting more then double mine. I'm truely lost with this one.

Edit: would it be possible this could be happening because my games aren't installed on an ssd? Or could it be my RAM?

Might be a good idea to list your full specs. Kinda hard to narrow it down with so little information. Your frame rates are definitely not right. I could get higher frame rates with an AMD 7950. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Motherboard: G1 Sniper.M5

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k

GPU: GIGABYTE Geforce GTX 980 ti G1 Gaming

RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3

SSD: 512GB Mushkin Reactor(I think that's what it is called)

HDDs: WD BLACK 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB

PSU: Corsair 750M

would it be possible this could be happening because my games aren't installed on an ssd?

Nah, that would only affect loading times.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

Hmm. Have you tried performing a clean install of the Nvidia drivers? That might help. If not, a fresh copy of Windows might do the trick.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Nah, that would only affect loading times.

I figured, but through it out their considering the at was the only difference from the videos I saw.

Hmm. Have you tried performing a clean install of the Nvidia drivers? That might help. If not, a fresh copy of Windows might do the trick.

I have done a fresh install of my nvidia drivers, but I could try reinstalling my windows.

Yeah you should be way above that.

What are your temps?

Yeah you should be way above that.

What are your temps?

CPU never goes above 60 and my GPU never hits 70

CPU never goes above 60 and my GPU never hits 70

Clock speeds while in game - both your CPU and GPU?

Clock speeds while in game - both your CPU and GPU?

I don't remember, I will have to check tomorrow, I've turned my PC off for the night.

I don't remember, I will have to check tomorrow, I've turned my PC off for the night.

Ight. Just let us know so we can help. It'll narrow down the issue.

Ight. Just let us know so we can help. It'll narrow down the issue.

Do you need the usage? or the Clock speed, because I can get both for the gpu, but only usage for cpu.

GPU - 79-80% usage, 1380 mhz (In some cases, it has gone up to 92% usage)

CPU - 50-75% usage on each core

Edit: After overclocking my cpu and gpu and now my results are better then before, and up to par with others, I've been comparing my score with others on 3dmark.

I get a score of about 15739 now.