New Nvidia shield advertisment

melias24

Am I the only one who found the AD stupid? So babe ADS today are pretty stupid anyways so doesn't surprise myself to much.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

All I have to say is that Nvidia is crushing puss. xD

Main rig: Shockwave - MSI Z170 Gaming 7 MOBO, i7-6700k, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz RAM, KFA2 GTX 980ti HOF, Corsair RM1000 PSU, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, WD 7200RPM 3TB, Corsair Air 540 White, ASUS P278Q 1440p 144Hz display.

Laptop: Lenovo Y510p, i7-4700HQ, 12 GB (8+4) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM, GT755 2GB SLI graphis card, 1366x768 display.

The cat technically didn't need a parachute 

if you dont want the cat to have broken legs yes

Meh.  XBox and PlaStation are other consoles that have nonsense ads too, I found this ad just as irritating as it is neat.  Glad they didn't waste time with loading screens and menus during the free-fall when they changed the titles being played, wouldn't want to cut the trip short.

Actually cats tent to dislocate their shoulders depending on the force being absorbed, their jaw and their ribs will go before their legs. Had a friend whos cat jumped after a bird.. right off the 7th floor balcony and crashed into the payment below.  Broke it's jaw and then died of fright at the vets some hours later.  Not that a cat jumping out of a plane would be anything more then a furry sack of mush though.  #CatsRKewl

Cats have a non-lethal terminal velocity if they have enough time to position themselves so that they are facing down. I think the minimum height is like 9 stories or so, although i think that this is assuming that the cat starts from a stationary point. So seeing as this one was already traveling at a high speed it would likely need to be higher than this.        

I do remember a advertisment where they also dropped a sofa, and tv out from a plane in the similar way some years ago, but I dont remember what it was for, it may have been one that only were in the country I live in.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Athlon 64 master race?

More like: P6 master race (P6 is the base architecture used from the first Pentium up to the latest of the Core i series). A  Pentium M at 2.5GHz is as fast as a 3.6GHz Pentium 4. And the P4 use hyperthreading which makes the difference even funier.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

More like: P6 master race (P6 is the base architecture used from the first Pentium up to the latest of the Core i series). A  Pentium M at 2.5GHz is as fast as a 3.6GHz Pentium 4. And the P4 use hyperthreading which makes the difference even funier.

Athlon X2 was the shit back then :) - Pentium 4 could NOT keep up. 2 cores > hyperthreading

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Cats have a non-lethal terminal velocity if they have enough time to position themselves so that they are facing down. I think the minimum height is like 9 stories or so, although i think that this is assuming that the cat starts from a stationary point. So seeing as this one was already traveling at a high speed it would likely need to be higher than this.        

they will live but will probably break their legs and stuff

Athlon X2 was the shit back then :) - Pentium 4 could NOT keep up. 2 cores > hyperthreading

Pentium 4 couldn't keep up with a Pentium III at a lower clock speed either-that's why Intel was coping shit over them. At least with the Athlon it was competing with the Pentium III quite well (even when it became Yonah in the Core Duo).

PMSL

Pentium 4 couldn't keep up with a Pentium III at a lower clock speed either-that's why Intel was coping shit over them. At least with the Athlon it was competing with the Pentium III quite well (even when it became Yonah in the Core Duo).

Yep - the first REAL breakthrough I remember is the Core 2 Duo/Quad CPUs - those were serious CPUs - them and the Phenoms (both I and II)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Well, at least plug the damn thing into the TV, or into a power source for that matter.

Ye ole' train

Yep - the first REAL breakthrough I remember is the Core 2 Duo/Quad CPUs - those were serious CPUs - them and the Phenoms (both I and II)

The only time AMD should have copied Intel and stuck with their best base architecture, with constant improvements and they decided "hur dur, lets gimp our server CPU since it will cost us less and they are doing so well, then sell them to everyone else".

PMSL

The only time AMD should have copied Intel and stuck with their best base architecture, with constant improvements and they decided "hur dur, lets gimp our server CPU since it will cost us less and they are doing so well, then sell them to everyone else".

Yep - Phenom I needed more work but Phenom II X6 1100T was quite the best - I believe it was on par with a 2600K in multi-threaded apps.

Yep - Phenom I needed more work but Phenom II X6 1100T was quite the best - I believe it was on par with a 2600K in multi-threaded apps.

From what I heard that was the case-though just like the mobile Phenom II and first gen mobile Core i AMD always had better multithreaded performance-with clock speed being the only thing hampering their mobile CPU's single threaded performance ( eg. 1.6GHz-2.2GHz). Back then though if you wanted better single core performance, you bought a tri core which had higher clock speeds within the same power envelope, then dual cores which had even higher clock speeds-again within the same power envelope.

PMSL

From what I heard that was the case-though just like the mobile Phenom II and first gen mobile Core i AMD always had better multithreaded performance-with clock speed being the only thing hampering their mobile CPU's single threaded performance ( eg. 1.6GHz-2.2GHz). Back then though if you wanted better single core performance, you bought a tri core which had higher clock speeds within the same power envelope, then dual cores which had even higher clock speeds-again within the same power envelope.

Yep - Nahalem were VERY hot and VERY power-hungry (I believe an OCed Nahalem i7 is recorded using 220W?) - I miss Phenom II T_T - GIFF PHENOM III

Yep - Nahalem were VERY hot and VERY power-hungry (I believe an OCed Nahalem i7 is recorded using 220W?) - I miss Phenom II T_T - GIFF PHENOM III

I never remember its name-not the way I do its cousins Netburst and Fermi :ph34r:

PMSL

I never remember its name-not the way I do its cousins Netburst and Fermi :ph34r:

Thermi is legendary :D

Thermi is legendary :D

Thermi cooked my dinner for me.

PMSL

Thermi cooked my dinner for me.

GTX 480 Waterforce edition

1i3hkhu.png

A question rises in my mind... why?

Because everyone sky dives when they game so they needed to relate to their consumers 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Nvidia marketing, gotta give them credit for knowing how to advertise

Im just thinking how much $$ that would've cost them!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one