Keyboard got wet, what do

Jerakl

Mom came by and knocked over my cup of tea (Organic Nepal Black :^) ) onto my keyboard.

So far I've not flipped it back right side up, I took off all the keycaps and have it propped up on 2 cups so that the tea can (hopefully) drain out.

97MpRCQ.jpg

What steps should I take next?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Mom came by and knocked over my cup of tea (Organic Nepal Black :^) ) onto my keyboard.

So far I've not flipped it back right side up, I took off all the keycaps and have it propped up on 2 cups so that the tea can (hopefully) drain out.

Basically let it dry out for a few days, and taking it apart the case can speed it up. If keys are sticking or there are problems like random key presses you can try bathing it in isopropyl alcohol to displace the water and remove any residue or possible corrosion if any occurred.

I think the best thing to do is to wait. :)

|| Case: Corsair Graphite 230T || CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K || CPU Cooler: Corsair A50 || Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB WINDFORCE 3X || Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO ||

|| RAM: ADATA XPG V1.0 8GB (2 x 4GB) || Storage: Seagate 600 SSD 240GB, WD Black 1TB || PSU: XFX Pro 650W Core Edition || OS: Windows 10 Pro || What's an optical drive? ||

It's hopeless; buy a replacement (I recommend Corsair K70 RGB)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Tea with sugar? If so, i would clean it with water. Just tea will pretty much just dry out. Sugar wont. It could make a short.

Then let it dry, the longer the better, but in a warm room, it should be dry in about 2-3 days.

Don't trigger me.

Tea with sugar? If so, i would clean it with water. Just tea will pretty much just dry out. Sugar wont. It could make a short.

Then let it dry, the longer the better, but in a warm room, it should be dry in about 2-3 days.

Nah I'm kind of a tea snob. I drink it straight :P

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

If it needs to be replaced, I too recommend that keyboard. Works like a charm

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Let it dry out, and once its dry clean off anything sticky with a damp rag(while unplugged). Then let the water from the damp rag dry off for a while, and test it out.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

If it needs to be replaced, I too recommend that keyboard. Works like a charm

Ssssssh you don't get the joke :P

Ssssssh you don't get the joke :P

I didn't realize there was a joke

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Warning:

Use distilled water if you decide to take that route.  Regular water may result in a dead keyboard if it is not already dead.

Main Rig: 

i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz w/ H75 Liquid CPU Cooler - Asus Maximus VII Hero - 16GB G.Skill Triedent X 2133MHz RAM - 2x Gtx 660s in SLI - 120GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD NZXT Hue - K70 RGB Keyboard - Corsair Sabre RGB - Windows 8.1 - 2x Asus VN247H-P 1080p Monitors (I'm a sucker for lighting effects)

Server: 

FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz w/ stock cooler - 8GB Crucial 1600MHz RAM - AMD Radeon HD 7450 GPU - 300W PSU - 120GB SSD - Windows 7

Warning:

Use distilled water if you decide to take that route.  Regular water may result in a dead keyboard if it is not already dead.

Yea. I really recommend though that you clean if off with the distilled water and not just let it dry, because if the tea is sticky and dries on a little that could cause problems. I don't personally know the conductive properties of sticky tea residue(or other sticky residues that may have gotten on there, for that matter ;) ).

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

Grab the keyboard and put it in a large bag filled with dry rice, leave it for a couple days and clean it and wallah