Heavy Metals in Hard Drive Read/Write arms/

Derpologist

Gonna keep this quick so I can dampen the blood again

I'm no noob by any sorts, and was taking apart a hard drive to use the platters as coasters. I noticed the platters werent coming loose so I spun the top one with my finger, which resulted in my finger spinning around and being punctured by the end of the read write arm. Hurt like a son of a goddamn bitch. it was bleeding a lot, but is better know. I know hard drives can have dangerous components. Am I in trouble?

If I'll be okay, go ahead and laugh at me, I'll laugh at myself with you  :D

If I'm in trouble, please serious answers only

EDIT: yes I did wash it very well with soap and water

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

no its fine, nothing dangerous

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no its fine, nothing dangerous

PHEW. Thanks so much

lmao im such a fail xD

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Ha ha. The metals usually found in a read/write head are a tiny bit of copper, tiny bit of gold and whatever the arm is made out of (probably aluminium).

Which aren't dangerous, correct?

PHEW. Thanks so much

lmao im such a fail xD

np :)

heavy metals are only really dangerous when ingested, not when you cut yourself with one

and i dont think hard drives are made out of heavy metals, they usually use aluminum

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

np :)

heavy metals are only really dangerous when ingested, not when you cut yourself with one

and i dont think hard drives are made out of heavy metals, they usually use aluminum

Ah, although somewhere I remember hearing about it. I checked what was left of the arm and I dont think anything got into me, although it's bent up as fuck lmao

You still might want to get tested for Metallica or KORN.  :P

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Nothing you should be worried about really. I prefer to use m.2 sata as coasters, extra grip!  :lol:

Game type of choice: RTS

Game of Choice: COH2

Fancy a few rounds? Contact me for Steam details