i5 6600K vs Xeon E3 1231 v3

Referring to the above topic......

Which is better? (Video editing terms.....)

Factor in everything about the processors....

Im from Malaysia..... Wooooo!!! The land where 1 USD is 4.33 MYR...

PCPartPicker wont do for me...  :(

here's where I do my searching for stuff (Local Market and prices are in MYR): Lelong.my

Video editing the Xeon will ace it

it is because of the 8 treads

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

xeon

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Xeon = i7 3770k, which is still better than i5.

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.

Xeon = i7 3770k, which is still better than i5.

I am pretty sure the xeon outperforms the i3770k at the same clockspeed by a measurable amount and in gaming (I know that for sure) by more than 5% across various games.

1231 V3 != i7 3770k

instead:

1231 V3 >= i7 3770k

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I am pretty sure the xeon outperforms the i3770k at the same clockspeed by a measurable amount and in gaming (I know that for sure) by more than 5% across various games.

Yup, because the Xeon is Haswell based (it's basically a 4770). However, a heavily overclocked 3770k will destroy it.

Referring to the above topic......

Which is better? (Video editing terms.....)

Factor in everything about the processors....

The Xeon will be better in video editing when both at stock. If you overclock the 6600k quite a bit, it will be similar in performance in things like rendering, and better in the majority of games. However, you'll need a more expensive motherboard, RAM, and a cooler, so it's better to go with the Xeon.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yup, because the Xeon is Haswell based (it's basically a 4770). However, a heavily overclocked 3770k will destroy it.

The Xeon will be better in video editing when both at stock. If you overclock the 6600k quite a bit, it will be similar in performance in things like rendering, and better in the majority of games. However, you'll need a more expensive motherboard, RAM, and a cooler, so it's better to go with the Xeon.

What is your interpretation of heavy? I just want to know ... (Can't get my 3770k higher than 4.2GHz on all cores)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

What is your interpretation of heavy? I just want to know ... (Can't get my 3770k higher than 4.2GHz on all cores)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sxzGshuqVtFe_2zgRhN3gXCraR7d8p-NazJ6z0nsGGc/edit#gid=0

Based on the forum's R15 scores, a 4.7GHz 3770k is around 15% better than a Xeon E3 1231 v3. I'd imagine at 4.2GHz yours is close to the same performance as the Xeon.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

1231 V3 != i7 3770k

instead:

1231 V3 >= i7 3770k

RIP Facts saw a thousand people write this on the forums :D - I just joined the train

Xeon 1231 v3/ H81m - P33 / 8GB Corsair Vengeance/ GTX 950/ Fractal Design Core 1000.