APU, I am finally a believer

Yea, you are just gonna move around 10GB files all around your 120GB partition all the time to make use of that speed eh? SSDs are not mature enough, or rather, SSD manufacturers aren't fed up enough yet to start making SSDs worth the money. HDDs all the way, less problems, multiple the space, cheaper.

They are def not more reliable and are limited by disks failing, where SSD's have a very long life span even TLC nand.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

They are def not more reliable and are limited by disks failing, where SSD's have a very long life span even TLC nand.

SSD are reliable more so in some ways than HDD. SSD have higher IOPS and faster 4K read write which is useful in most programs as it make it more snappier felling.

Um, what about booting into Windows, opening applications, etc?

Doubling speed you say?

http://www.extrahardware.com/article/test-richland-gpu-radeon-hd-8670d-or-apu-amd-a10-6800k-action/strana/0/3

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

WELL DONE! You took three quotes talking about SSD and then linked to a APU test.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Dravic is so stubborn i can't help but laugh and post to counter his arguments.

Yes, SSDs are indeed double in speed - or perceived as even more in real world use. Putting my BF3/Sims 3/Dragon Nest etc on my SSD(Crucial M4) makes them load up in a quarter to a third of the time than it takes on my Barracuda 2TB. [Need a video my dear?]

And your 9600GT running a BF3 on high is complete bullshit. I upgraded to a 7950 from a 9600GT and i had trouble running Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2010 on high.

SSDs are also far more reliable, they perform equal or even faster than 2 hard drives in RAID0 without the large margin of failure.

WELL DONE! You took three quotes talking about SSD and then linked to a APU test.

What? That has NOTHING to do with SSDs.

Wanted to 'notify' you lol. SSD is another topic, GB/$ is just horrible but whatever is up your sleeve.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

Synthethic benchmarks much?

Also you havent posted my '9600gt' synthethic benchmark vs APU and that's what's all about. Well A10 is 2 module processor and my CPU is only 2 core so what's the deal? I could upgrade to Phenom II x6 1045t today for 100$. But i am waiting for Haswell i3 and see the prices before i make any CPU/mobo related upgrades.

Synthetic benchmarks show a more precise measurement of performance.

Lol, you said drop 100 into a new cpu, thats the price of an A10 & it comes with graphics that beat out your old GT. In order to upgrade to beat an APU at this stage you need a new cpu & gpu which wont beat the APUs "shitty price/performance"

Youve now begun to attack other members in this topic including Stephie_Girl the OP & also a donator to the forum (thumbsup for that). Theres nothing left in this topic for you dude. I just hope you can put your opinion across a bit more politely next time.

Synthetic benchmarks show a more precise measurement of performance.

Lol, you said drop 100 into a new cpu, thats the price of an A10 & it comes with graphics that beat out your old GT. In order to upgrade to beat an APU at this stage you need a new cpu & gpu which wont beat the APUs "shitty price/performance"

Youve now begun to attack other members in this topic including Stephie_Girl the OP & also a donator to the forum (thumbsup for that). Theres nothing left in this topic for you dude. I just hope you can put your opinion across a bit more politely next time.

I havent attacked anybody, I am defending my solid point. APUs are useless and not worth it. As i've shown above (you are trying to hide it) - you can get over DOUBLE the performance by getting slightly more expensive combo of CPU+GPU.

I havent attacked anybody, I am defending my solid point. APUs are useless and not worth it. As i've shown above (you are trying to hide it) - you can get over DOUBLE the performance by getting slightly more expensive combo of CPU+GPU.

Your right, a cpu+gpu will kill an APU but Ive been offering reasons on why you shouldnt be dismissing APUs are useless.

Your right, a cpu+gpu will kill an APU but Ive been offering reasons on why you shouldnt be dismissing APUs are useless.

And i've shown you that you are wrong, APUs have no right to exist in your regular PC build because their value is really small and price/performance comparison is just... sad.

And i've shown you that you are wrong, APUs have no right to exist in your regular PC build because their value is really small and price/performance comparison is just... sad.

Regular PC build no, HTPC, budget or casual gamer yes. APUs are brilliant for those.

Regular PC build no, HTPC, budget or casual gamer yes. APUs are brilliant for those.

If you can fit a mobo, you can probably fit a GPU unless you are some fetish folk with really really slim case. xD

If you can fit a mobo, you can probably fit a GPU unless you are some fetish folk with really really slim case. xD

Lol yeah, I usually think for any build 400 under an APU is perfect, above that I tend to go G2020 with a 7770 or something.

Glad weve resolved the little fight too... Dunno if Ive changed your mind or not but w/e.

APUs are AMDs golden idea, watch intel try to invent their own or try to beat it with better hd graphics (AMD own ATI what ya gunna do intel)

Intel HD 9001--waiting for it.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Intel HD 9001--waiting for it.

Lol, I wonder how intel is even getting away with the naming... HD 4000? Same as AMD.

Dravic is so stubborn i can't help but laugh ...

This.

eb6.jpg

And given his post about poor people being poor because they make stupid decisions, he's also a bit of a douche.

Just ignore him.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

A Phenom II x4 945+ HD 7770 is not double the performance of an A10-5800K.  I tested in wow and got about 20% gain using an HD 7770.  Now for 50 bucks more you can go from a Phenom II x4 945 to an FX-6300+evo 212 and another 50 for an HD 7850 2GB which will gain about 50% performance over your suggestion.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Lol yeah, I usually think for any build 400 under an APU is perfect, above that I tend to go G2020 with a 7770 or something.

Glad weve resolved the little fight too... Dunno if Ive changed your mind or not but w/e.

In games like wow this is about 20% more powerful than an A10-5800K, but that's also because Intel deals with the 10 year old graphics core much better despite the inefficiencies.  I think APU's are great up to mebbe an i3/FX 6300 + an HD 7850, otherwise the cost/benefit isn't there.

A Phenom II x4 945+ HD 7770 is not double the performance of an A10-5800K.  I tested in wow and got about 20% gain using an HD 7770.  Now for 50 bucks more you can go from a Phenom II x4 945 to an FX-6300+evo 212 and another 50 for an HD 7850 2GB which will gain about 50% performance over your suggestion.

V_V sorry Steph but WoW isn't a very good benchmark, especially MoP which resulted in many users getting a fall of up to 20% in performance :/ my Intel HD 3000 graphics handles WoW at pretty nice settings without ever falling below 30 even in the Isle of the Thunderking raid... It's a horribly optimised engine to be honest :/

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

intel's big cpu's dont need a decent gpu, and to be fair, most of intel's low end stuff is thrown in where a graphics card would just be a waste of electricity anyway. Havong said that, the APUs are fantastic budget gaming options.

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

I haven't really looked into APU's, do all APU's only use the AM2 socket?

The Syndicate

My problem with the APU is that amd doesnt offer a "high end" cpu, while in the other hand they have theirs 8320/8350. So if you go for a APU you are completely stuck in the fm2 plataform. You can get a g2020 for very very cheap and maybe a 7750, if you are in a budget. You will be able to play anything that the apu plays, but you could upgrade later on to an i5.