APU, I am finally a believer

CPU - 85$

Mobo - 68$

GPU - 104$

Total - 257$

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uLxf

Price to performance versus APU - total annihilation.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

I wouldn't insult people based on whether or not they are poor when you have a 9800 GT still.

1. I have 9600 and I'm doing fine for now, thanks, it runs everything on low at least so kind of close to apu performance LMAO.

2. I'm not directly insulting anybody, this is a rule of thumb. Apus are useless and aimed at people who are uninformed. Bad price to performance is very bad thing and it hurts people's wallet. In trying to protect people's wallets here.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

1. I have 9600 and I'm doing fine for now, thanks, it runs everything on low at least so kind of close to apu performance LMAO.

2. I'm not directly insulting anybody, this is a rule of thumb. Apus are useless and aimed at people who are uninformed. Bad price to performance is very bad thing and it hurts people's wallet. In trying to protect people's wallets here.

Omg dying at #1

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Omg dying at #1

There is only one thing I can't run, games exclusive to DX11 or better but that would be Crysis 3 and I think that is it for now... I will upgrade when I really need.

My problem with the APUs has always been that the price of fast memory counters what you save by buying it.

Not so:

G.SKILL ares 1600 MHz (8GB) $82.99

G.SKILL ares 2400 MHz (8GB) $70.99

I saw that yesterday on newegg.

I'm pretty sure a 5800K+a 6670 would dominate my pc -.-, can't wait for 9790 (not the 9970, the 9790)

I'm pretty sure a 5800K+a 6670 would dominate my pc -.-, can't wait for 9790 (not the 9970, the 9790)

Nah, not dominate. All you are getting with DualGpu (apu crossfire) is simply runt/drop frames, this was tested by toms hardware I think and myth busted, approx 25% increase in REAL fps compared to only that GPU for lol-amounts of money.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7660D

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+9600+GT

A 110 USD Quad core chip with graphics that are going to run games on low at good frames. Really is a crappy deal for someone who wants a casual gaming pc.

It would be about 50 dollars for a good 8gb ram deal and a further 50 for a motherboard. If you need more performance, put in a GPU later on. This is a cheaper path to take than doing a pentium and 7750/7770 even though that would beat the apu. You would need to upgrade both compenents.

I would of been ok if you had just said I don't like APUs, they don't offer a valid price performance ratio for me personally rather than going all out and saying they suck ass.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7660Dhttp://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+9600+GT

A 110 USD Quad core chip with graphics that are going to run games on low at good frames. Really is a crappy deal for someone who wants a casual gaming pc.

It would be about 50 dollars for a good 8gb ram deal and a further 50 for a motherboard. If you need more performance, put in a GPU later on. This is a cheaper path to take than doing a pentium and 7750/7770 even though that would beat the apu. You would need to upgrade both compenents.

I would of been ok if you had just said I don't like APUs, they don't offer a valid price performance ratio for me personally rather than going all out and saying they suck ass.

Yet here they are sucking ass so why shouldn't I point out the biggest flaw of APUs: they are not worth it?

Yet here they are sucking ass so why shouldn't I point out the biggest flaw of APUs: they are not worth it?

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/A10-5800K-vs-Core-i3-3220-CPU-Review/1646/15

The A10 is the same price as that i3 still. It kills it at gaming.

16 frames on battlefield 3 at 1080 p even on low is damn impressive for just a singular component.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/A10-5800K-vs-Core-i3-3220-CPU-Review/1646/15

The A10 is the same price as that i3 still. It kills it at gaming.

16 frames on battlefield 3 at 1080 p even on low is damn impressive for just a singular component.

Meanwhile I'm playing bf3 in actually playable framerates on High.

Seeing as your GPU is actually weaker than the A10 I highly doubt that.

Also compared to your CPU the A10 destroys it.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Phenom+II+X2+545&id=331

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A10-5800K+APU

Please don't lie.

Here is your flaw hun.  See you can ALWAYS get more power for more money.  But the fact remains that an A10-5800K for 110 dollars can not be beaten by pretty much any GPU combo.  Yes in wow an Intel G860 will do better on the CPU end but see an HD 7660D can play Crysis 3 at 1080p (on low tho)

See for about 140 bucks more than your build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO0N I can nearly double the power of the build you posted.  Price to performance the APU offers a great value for extreme budget users. This is the build that I built: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO4v It was about 25 dollars cheaper because I had some promo codes.  This would be your build w/o windows 8GB of Ram and an SSD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO7L.  Is it worth the extra 80-100 dollars price to performance?  You get about 20% more performance worth 21% more price?  That's up to the user though.  You always get more for more money but note the Phenoms are dying and are gonna be hard to find soon.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

I would have to agree with the OP, you don't even make the requirements as the 8800 GTS/GTX (The min for crisis 3) is actually slightly more powerful than the 9600 due to wider bus and such.  So you are def not playing on high sowwy :(

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

Seeing as your GPU is actually weaker than the A10 I highly doubt that.

Also compared to your CPU the A10 destroys it.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Phenom+II+X2+545&id=331

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A10-5800K+APU

Please don't lie.

Synthethic benchmarks much?

Also you havent posted my '9600gt' synthethic benchmark vs APU and that's what's all about. Well A10 is 2 module processor and my CPU is only 2 core so what's the deal? I could upgrade to Phenom II x6 1045t today for 100$. But i am waiting for Haswell i3 and see the prices before i make any CPU/mobo related upgrades.

Here is your flaw hun.  See you can ALWAYS get more power for more money.  But the fact remains that an A10-5800K for 110 dollars can not be beaten by pretty much any GPU combo.  Yes in wow an Intel G860 will do better on the CPU end but see an HD 7660D can play Crysis 3 at 1080p (on low tho)

See for about 140 bucks more than your build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO0N I can nearly double the power of the build you posted.  Price to performance the APU offers a great value for extreme budget users. This is the build that I built: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO4v It was about 25 dollars cheaper because I had some promo codes.  This would be your build w/o windows 8GB of Ram and an SSD: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO7L.  Is it worth the extra 80-100 dollars price to performance?  You get about 20% more performance worth 21% more price?  That's up to the user though.  You always get more for more money but note the Phenoms are dying and are gonna be hard to find soon.

THE WHAT?!?!? SSD in low-price build? Wow man you really have your priorities f-ed up.

THE WHAT?!?!? SSD in low-price build? Wow man you really have your priorities f-ed up.

His last PC had 20GB out of 28GB used, so he doesn't need a large drive, but he was willing to pay a lil more for a super fast drive so we did that.

Btw piledriver's are 2 core per module CPU's, but they are still individual CPU's.  Where they fall short is modules share L2 cache and the modules have 1 floating point rather than the CPU's.  So a quad core gives about 3 cores of power, 6 cores give about 4-5 and 8 cores give about 6 cores of power.  Because after 50% load the bottleneck in the floating integers cause about a 25% decrease overall.

Also this is exactly what i would build, 88$ comes from Windows 8 bro and your build doesnt have one.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1uO5D

His last PC had 20GB out of 28GB used, so he doesn't need a large drive, but he was willing to pay a lil more for a super fast drive so we did that.

Btw piledriver's are 2 core per module CPU's, but they are still individual CPU's.  Where they fall short is modules share L2 cache and the modules have 1 floating point rather than the CPU's.  So a quad core gives about 3 cores of power, 6 cores give about 4-5 and 8 cores give about 6 cores of power.  Because after 50% load the bottleneck in the floating integers cause about a 25% decrease overall.

I would have to agree with the OP(

But you're the OP.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Some people want speed and are willing to sacrifice capacity for the extra speed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Some people want speed and are willing to sacrifice capacity for the extra speed.

Yea, you are just gonna move around 10GB files all around your 120GB partition all the time to make use of that speed eh? SSDs are not mature enough, or rather, SSD manufacturers aren't fed up enough yet to start making SSDs worth the money. HDDs all the way, less problems, multiple the space, cheaper.

APU build are good, and I would go with the newer technology, the Phenom2 are starting to show their age.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine

Yea, you are just gonna move around 10GB files all around your 120GB partition all the time to make use of that speed eh?

Um, what about booting into Windows, opening applications, etc?

Yea, you are just gonna move around 10GB files all around your 120GB partition all the time to make use of that speed eh? SSDs are not mature enough, or rather, SSD manufacturers aren't fed up enough yet to start making SSDs worth the money. HDDs all the way, less problems, multiple the space, cheaper.

SSD are reliable more so in some ways than HDD. SSD have higher IOPS and faster 4K read write which is useful in most programs as it make it more snappier felling.

FX8120 @ 5.0GHz | Sabertooth 990FX | Patriot Viper Xtreme 8GB @ 2133MHz | Powercolor HD7950 @ 1300/1800 | Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded | Corsair AX850 | Mushkin 120GB & Seagate 2TB | Bitfenix Recon | 5X SP120 PE | 6X Yate Loon 120mm HS

Koolance 200 Res | 2X Koolance 360 Rads | Danger Den CPX Pro | EK 7950 Block | Koolance CPU Block | Bitspower & XSPC Fittings

Green Machine