WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache, is it reliable?

URinTreble

Hey fellow techs, i'm a high schooler building his first computer and I need to know if Western Digital is a good and reliable hard drive company! Please any thoughts! I need a good reliable hard drive that will last long without error without breaking the bank. Thank you!!!

PS- Here is the link to the hard drive on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

@Captain_WD

and yes it is reliable for normal use  :)

here is a worst case scenario for hard drives: cloud storage. this shows how reliable drives are pretty much. (under a 24/7 workload)

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-for-q2-2015/

Western Digital is one of the best known brands for Hard Drives, so yes, they are mostly reliable.

~Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth - Oscar Wilde~

Yes. It's pretty much the standard drive for those looking for lots of space for cheap.

and it's one of the fastest out there at that price point hehe

i5 4670k | Noctua NH0-U12S | Asus Z97M Plus | Kingston HyperX Fury 8gb | Palit GTX 980 Ti Super Jetstream 6G | Samsung 850 EVO 250gb

WD Caviar Blue 1tb | Seasonic M12II 850W | Fractal Design Define R5 | Dell U3014 1600p 30" 60Hz

Corsair K65 | Razer Orochi | Bose QuietComfort 15 | Creative SBS A350 2.1

Hey fellow techs, i'm a high schooler building his first computer and I need to know if Western Digital is a good and reliable hard drive company! Please any thoughts! I need a good reliable hard drive that will last long without error without breaking the bank. Thank you!!!

PS- Here is the link to the hard drive on newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236339

Yes, it is an amazing and very reliable hard drive.

Also follow your own posts if you want notifications :)

Yeah well that HDD offer horrible GB/price ratio, so just get something like a 2/3TB green for only 20-30 dollars more.

WD Drives are amazing in general.

I have never ever had a WD drive fail, apart from that time that Centercom sold me a HDD they had dropped..

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Yes, though beware as like all modern SATA HDD, the connector's plastic is soft and very prone to wear and breaking.

WD Drives are amazing in general.

I have never ever had a WD drive fail, apart from that time that Centercom sold me a HDD they had dropped..

I've only had them fail when dropped, I've still got my 1992 WD AC280 running like it was new with no damaged sectors.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

They're better comparable to Seagate.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

~snip~

Hey there URinTreble,

Generally the WD Blue drive that you are looking at is a great drive with a good reputation. It is designed for basic everyday usage although it can handle heavier workloads and more demanding applications. I'd say it's a great choice for a normal build. 
If you post your whole build and the purpose of it we may be able to give you a more useful and detailed advice and suggestions :) Generally I'd say WD Blue is a grat drive to combine with a SSD.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Yes it is very reliable i had a WB Blue 1TB for 3 years and it has done a great job. I recommend getting one since there around 50$. I recently upgraded to a WD 1TB Black.

I am using 8 WD Reds without issues. I have used a WD Blue for OS and apps in the past without issue also.