Shooting and Explosions in Paris- ANONYMOUS Takes Down 5,500+ Pro-ISIS twitter accounts; Includes database of identified pro-ISIS

RedSphyxis

Can we please save the religious debate for a different thread?

Not that I disagree with you, I just don't think that this is the thread for it.

It was turning more into a "why does this shit happen" discussion. But okay.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Okay true, a belief in a god doesn't necessarily equate to religion. Although the point still stands, that there is ZERO evidence to the existence of any and all gods.

That's true, but there are many people who are fine with that or see evidence in things many others don't (or that we haven't found it yet). Anyways, I wouldn't be so ignorant as to think it would stop entirely, but hey, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we tried to deal with the core problem for once. I think you weren't all that off a few pages ago. Education could be key, but it won't be the only thing that will stop radicals or other harmful things.

edit

Yea, I don't think it morphed into a religious thread, but more of a "why it happened and how we can prevent it". If we're not supposed to discuss the whys, hows and potential ends of what happened...what exactly is allowed here? It seems perfectly relevant with what we know now, but given the moderation or requests here, I feel like threads should now come with a list of things permissible to discuss within the topic. It could prevent headaches.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That's true, but there are many people who are fine with that or see evidence in things many others don't (or that we haven't found it yet). Anyways, I wouldn't be so ignorant as to think it would stop entirely, but hey, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if we tried to deal with the core problem for once. I think you weren't all that off a few pages ago. Education could be key, but it won't be the only thing that will stop radicals or other harmful things.

Can we please save the religious debate for a different thread?

Not that I disagree with you, I just don't think that this is the thread for it.

Please?

Then again, at least it isn't a full blown argument. People seem fairly cool compared to how religious debates normally go.

Okay true, a belief in a god doesn't necessarily equate to religion. Although the point still stands, that there is ZERO evidence to the existence of any and all gods.

Rekt.

Ok. I give you better answer. Given options aren't imperatives, so I can make 2bit hysteresis which has nothing to do with the events, but their occurrence.

600px-Branch_prediction_2bit_saturating_

So if someone does blow his head of, I at least have to consider it as a justifiable action.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_predictor

Now can I make the hysteresis 3bit wide? Yes, trivially. Does it have a analogy in real life? Yes. It's called container capacity in Fancypansish. It means that you cave the capability to not topple after every incidence.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

update 13:

Hank Green talks about how he feels.

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

please guys, this is a thread for talking about the terrorist attacks in paris, but you guys are making it sound like how to solve the issue of terrorism and just arguing about it overall.

Ok. Shit happens.

Please?

Then again, at least it isn't a full blown argument. People seem fairly cool compared to how religious debates normally go.

Please see my edit.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

please guys, this is a thread for talking about the terrorist attacks in paris, but you guys are making it sound like how to solve the issue of terrorism and just arguing about it overall.

Discussing. 

It hasn't gotten to arguing yet. 

Don't que the name calling now! lol

Please?

We must hold ourselves to a higher standard if we are to expect others to do the same. 

I'd like for LTT to be a place where civil discussions are had on such topics.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

And? If it works, it works. Can't really guess how many lives it might save, should these kinds of people ever get their hands on nuclear weapons.

.......That's literally the problem I am pointing out. Willful ignorance.

You can respond logically, to an illogical situation. Just because someone does something illogical, doesn't mean your response can't be logical.

For instance:

A man runs up to you on the street, yells "WHO FUCKING FARTED?" and blows his own brains out.

Do you:

1. Kill yourself

2. Hold your breath and leave the area

?

I think you're missing his point, the solution wouldn't be either of those. In the case of your example, the comparable solution you're looking for wouldn't be to walk away but to figure out how to prevent someone from doing the same thing again. However, if the man had no reasoning for doing that, it's not exactly something you can solve and prevent.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

update 14:

please help contribute to facebook's safety checker  :)

https://www.facebook.com/safetycheck/paris_terror_attacks

update 15:

"This time, It's War"

CTvJKB1XIAAT3go.png

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Discussing. 

It hasn't gotten to arguing yet. 

Don't que the name calling now! lol

We must hold ourselves to a higher standard if we are to expect others to do the same. 

I'd like for LTT to be a place where civil discussions are had on such topics.

I've no intention of name calling.

Except for the terrorists. I'm fairly certain everyone could agree that they are "fucking scum".

I'm also pretty much done, as I've been distracted by wonderful recipe's involving Ricotta cheese so...... (I have a problem)

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Out of interest... what else do you suggest? You said "Stand tall, stand strong, stand calm, stand united."  What exactly do you mean by that? Politicians exchanging condolences and speeking to the public about how the terrorist attacks were bad, while really doing nothing to stop attacks from happening again?

From what I understand your concern is that by reacting, we justify them in their own eyes, helping them grow in the end? You may be right, but the solution to that is just to destroy them faster than they can possibly grow.

I clarified above that I meant the people of France being reactionaries blinded by their own emotions (which run high after these sorts of things) and attacking both the innocent and guilty. When I say Stand tall, stand united, etc. I mean keep your cool and reaction rationally, not don't react at all.

Reactionary means to react in the opposite direction with the same magnitude. An example of what I'm warning is if vigilante groups started attacking Muslim communities in France. History is full of examples of things like this...

People need to attack the criminals responsible and ISIS, not the entire Muslim and Islam community... That's what I'm talking about. I'm just cautioning against reactionaries. Fire can not be fought with more fire.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Well this one angered me more than usual.

You seriously have to wonder hat the next course of action is, with how fucked up foreign policy is with regards to Syria. I can't help but think it's deeply concerning that the EU is accepting so many refugees from the very same region it's had a hand in completely destabilizing. And while people call for calm, domestic populations are becoming more and more pissed off, it's starting to feel like appeasement, and resentment is building.

Remember that you can kill a terrorist, but their ideology still lives. To fully kill them, you need to kill their ideology too. And no, it's not Islam.

update 13:

Hank Green talks about how he feels.

I think that video is just wrong. 

A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.

When people die in Middle-East everyone tries to be rational on how to help them, but when few white people are murdered, it's a tragedy that can't be analyzed. And all just because they vaguely resemble us.

(Personally I don't think that I have the right to sympathize. No emoji is going to cut it. The one who would benefit most out of help is usually the less sympathetic one. But that's empathy. Too rare to discuss nowadays.)

I didn't know anything about it when I went to bed. UTC+1

The first page I opened in the morning was Amazon and there was a big Solidarité banner and I had no idea what it was about.

After checking out I opened a newspage and I realized that the world changed while I was in bed sleeping.

I am speechless. How can people continue to defend this religion when things like this keep happening? 

Keep in mind that the 'Charlie Hebdo' attack was less than 10 months ago too!

Keep in mind that the 'Charlie Hebdo' attack was less than 10 months ago too!

Not to mention the attempted train attacking just a few weeks ago.

It's been a hell of a year for France.

Adults are just kids with bigger wallets.

Although this is a tech forum, I think it's important that we keep the French in our prayers. For those who don't know; there has been 129 confirmed deaths with over 300 injured. #PrayForFrance

"When Paris turned out its lights, the rest of the world turned them on."

cOeyPSb.jpg

@VAkena dude the inconsistency is bugging me France or Paris? 

edit: @Enderman oh thanks for reminding me I kept  updating that thing, ever since reports started to come in. I'm still updating it, scarcely but it will do lol

From france here , a big thanks.

We knew it was coming , we just didn't know when or where.

Only one thing to say , our mourn will end soon , they won't have  to dig graves.

Because we will strike back so hard , there will be nothing left of them anyway.

I wish i could oc my body, during winter overheating would be great.

Light your candles

[*] -> Portuguese candle = best candle

Not that all this will bring the victims back, but it's nice to show some respect for those in grief.

#PrayForFrance

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

From france here , a big thanks.

We knew it was coming , we just didn't know when or where.

Only one thing to say , our mourn will end soon , they won't have  to dig graves.

Because we will strike back so hard , there will be nothing left of them anyway.

woah, glad you're safe dude.

feel free to post updates from french outlets, my french isn't fluent so I can't read/watch the news really fast

-snip-

@OP, nice light painting photo, did you do that?

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer