FIRST BLOOD - Linus Tech Tips Forum Badges Now Available

LinusTech

Do I need to pay $25 Canadian or 25 USD to get the silver badge? I just checked and $25 Canadian = $24.56 US.

on the paypal page it says canadian. and then charges you whatever it is in ur currency 

on the paypal page it says canadian. and then charges you whatever it is in ur currency 

So as long as I pay 10/25/50 Canadian dollars then I can get a badge?

[spoiler=My Current PC]AMD FX-8320 @ 4.2 Ghz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk II | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | 8GB Adata XPG V2 Silver 1600 Mhz RAM | Gigabyte 3X Windforce GTX 770 4GB @ 1.27 Ghz/7.25 Ghz | Rosewill Hive 550W Bronze PSU | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Samsung Evo 250 GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | ASUS VS239H-P | Razer Deathadder 2013 Partlist

LTT Build-Off Thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35226-the-ltt-build-off-thread-no-building-required/

I donated this morning. This community is the best. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Pink badge should go to whoever donates the most if nobody donates $500 or if someone donates more than that 

CPU: AMD PHENOM II X4 945 GPU: AMD 7850 (ASUS) RAM: CORSAIR VANGEANCE LP 8GB CPU COOLER: CM HYPER 212(old one) HDD: SAMSUNG 500GB PSU: MODECOM CARBON 530W MB: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P KB: CMSTORM QUICKFIRE RAPID MOUSE: CORSAIR M60 SPEAKERS: LOGITECH LS21

So as long as I pay 10/25/50 Canadian dollars then I can get a badge?

yup

Now waiting on my gold badge. :)

Personal Computer Rig - Asus M5A99X Evo | AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0GHZ | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 500GB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Geforce GTX 480 | Corsair TX-750W | Zalman Z9 Plus

I donated 8 hours ago and no badge... Step your game up @Slick! :P (Just kidding I know your are trying your best <3)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

I donated 8 hours ago and no badge... Step your game up @Slick! :P (Just kidding I know your are trying your best <3)

He is asleep, or was. He mentioned this in a post earlier in the thread. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

He is asleep, or was. He mentioned this in a post earlier in the thread. 

I know. As I said I was just kidding. :)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

yes 500$!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Pink badge should go to whoever donates the most if nobody donates $500 or if someone donates more than that 

I don't agree with that logic, as it essentially would be the same as this: imagine you buying a GTX 770 and the vendor having a GTX Titan that they are unable to sell, then you receiving a Titan instead would be completely awesome! but totally not justified.. The badge represents your donation to the forums, even if it's the highest, it's still not the first 500$ single donation. That being said, if someone was to donate a much larger donation than 500$, after the pink badge is taken, they might do something special for that person. This is pure speculation on my part though.

Can you add a badge for people that donated something? I mean you're getting money from us and for those that don't have 10$ lying around and want a badge you could have a copper badge?

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

You've sent a payment for $50.00 CAD to Linus Media Group Inc..

My wallet is in pain... That is more than I have spent on myself this month :)

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

i paid 5 bucks lol do i qualify for half a bronze badge ahah

Amd fx-8320 oc 4.1ghz, 8gb ram, gtx 780ti 3gb, 240gb ssd, 1.5tb hdd,

i donated $11:) Do you think Linus will release the amount of money that he gets total at the end of this campaign?  it would be interesting to see!  maybe this forum will be like LOL in that, its free, but everyone spends a shit ton of money on it (lol)!

i donated $11:) Do you think Linus will release the amount of money that he gets total at the end of this campaign?  it would be interesting to see!  maybe this forum will be like LOL in that, its free, but everyone spends a shit ton of money on it (lol)!

you can just look the badgenumbers under awards up and calculate it yourself :D

Just chipped in $500, as a thanks for years of wonderful content!

Dang, beat me (potentially) to it.

you can just look the badgenumbers under awards up and calculate it yourself :D

Very true. Simple way to figure it out.

Then again, some people might give more (like $15 instead of $10) so that will only be the minimum at least, not necessarily the actual amount.

Other people might donate and not want the badge (why? No idea, but they might not).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

(1 available. First come, first served

lol only one?

pretty sure ur not Picasso lol

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Dang, beat me (potentially) to it.

Haha, there was probably someone before me though, as I was quite late to the party :(

Cheers,

Linus

Just chipped in $500, as a thanks for years of wonderful content!

And also because the name Linus is awesome.

(Missed to add username to the payment, but well, my username is my name so...)

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

That is a lot of money. Hope you are being serious.

Sleep time for me now. I'll do it tomorrow :D

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Is it a month from today? because i really want to donate but I don't have the money right now.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|