ASUS announces new B150 Pro Gaming Motherboards

Asus has announced 2 new motherboards in their Pro Gaming line, using the budget-oriented B150 chipset. The 2 models, the B150 Pro Gaming and the B150 Pro Gaming Aura are identical, with the only difference being that the B150 Pro Gaming Aura offers customizable RGB lighting. Prices were not announced.

ASUS today announced B150 Pro Gaming/Aura and B150 Pro Gaming, two new ATX motherboards packed with multiple exclusive features for superior gaming experiences, including gaming-grade SupremeFX and Sonic Radar II audio, gaming-grade Intel® Gigabit Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst technologies for fast, safe and lag-free networking — plus awesome illumination technology in B150 Pro Gaming/Aura.

B150_PRO-GAMING_AURA_Product-only-2000.j

*Important* - Limited OC'ing will be available because of Skylake's ability to OC the BCLK. Although not nearly as well as a Z chipset.

I personally am excited at the opportunity to pick up a reasonably priced ASUS LGA-1151 socket motherboard, but also disappointed at the excessive gamer-y decoration. If this is in the price range of competing B150 boards (ASRock B150 Pro4 @ ~$90), I would not hesitate to use this in my next build. I just like the ASUS BIOS a lot more than most people.

Source: https://rog.asus.com/450862015/asus-gaming-motherboards/asus-announces-b150-pro-gamingaura-and-b150-pro-gaming/

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Damn that looks sexy

No weird stupid colors just plain black and red.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Black and red motherboards are basically a cliche at this point, but it's great to see one that really catches my eye.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

I want a black/white version of this.

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

Asus has announced 2 new motherboards in their Pro Gaming line, using the budget-oriented B150 chipset. The 2 models, the B150 Pro Gaming and the B150 Pro Gaming Aura are identical, with the only difference being that the B150 Pro Gaming offers customizable RGB lighting.

giphy.gif

Oh god, why.

Gimmicky motherboard for those 1337 420 MLG h4x0r kids. As if the "pro gaming" label wasn't enough.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

From red and black to red and black with LEDs.

v44e46.jpg

And why put a 10-phase VRM on a board that doesn't OC. Just for failsafe because of low-quality chokes and caps?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I kinda like it. Though I could live without the LED's. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Why, WHY Asus?? First MSI, now you?

GET YOUR SHJT TOGETHER.

If you are going to put RGB on a mobo, THEN DON'T PAINT IT RED. MAKE IT ALL BLACK, SO THE RGB ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE!

Wow... just, WOW. I think the guys designing mobos are colorblind, it's the only explanation that makes sense....

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

>B150

>Pro gaming

Wouldn't most people who want to "pro game" use a z170 chipset in the first place? And as @That Norwegian Guy said, 10 Phase for no OC, really?  I love Black and Red, too, but fucking RGB is obnoxious. 

From red and black to red and black with LEDs.

v44e46.jpg

And why put a 10-phase VRM on a board that doesn't OC. Just for failsafe because of low-quality chokes and caps?

Asus like all of the other manufacturers forgot how to design motherboards properly during Haswell.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yay, red and black.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

If you're going to market something as PRO GAMING you should at least throw in some fancy snake oil like low latency emi shielded usb ports that look like stealth fighters or something.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

If you're going to market something as PRO GAMING you should at least throw in some fancy snake oil like low latency emi shielded usb ports that look like stealth fighters or something.

Or they could have actually made a motherboard around the chipset with features found on high end Z170 boards.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So... Will this motherboard make me perform better in online competitive gaming?

I like how it looks but branding is terrible in my opinion.