Bill Gates Funding $2 Billion for Energy R&D

blaze756
Anyway, Bill Gates adding more money can only be a good thing. Need to increased the budget and speed for finding alternative energy solutions.

I love idea of Cold Fusion, but I don't think it has been reproduced in many years. Haven't really researched much these past years.

So did mine. Apparently the guy who is talking about made up stories to make a liberal look evil is the one who is on topic and his comments are still here.

Edited by Godlygamer23

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I second this.

Take space exploration for example, governments charted the unknown and established the basics of low Earth orbit and now we've private companies assuming those responsibilities. This allows said governments to *hopefully* push out further yet again into the unknown. 

Exactly.

It's proven that people with good health that is economically stable doesn't hurry to have children, one of the cases of this was Spain, where younger couple overalls didn't jump right to reproduction, but instead preferred to enjoy a bit of adulthood. And once they do, they only opted for 1-2 child, which is a population decrease, as you need, each couple to have a child to 'replace' yourself once you die, and at least a 3rd child to effectively increase population. This considering, all of your children live long enough to reproduce the same way as you did.

People that are educated, went through school and are mature enough, understand the responsibilities of adult life and of having kids; they don't do it because they have primal instincts, for them it's more of a choice that you do on a stable couple with enough income.

Poor individuals, that lack education and health, tend to be huge families living on bad conditions. This is very common in third world countries, and is not something good.

I'm from a country on South America that is considered part of the third world. We have an immensely corrupt system and state, and one of the major moves of our government, that has been going on for 12 years now led by the same individuals, is to finance people reproducing. You get money if you are not working, you get money if you have kids, and you get more money each month for keeping the kids with you. All of this money is being taken daily from the Nation's Heritage. And led the country to be in an economic default. In 15 years we had a coin devaluation of more than %1500.

I personally know people (specially women) that thinks of breeding as a viable way of living life (sadly a couple of the girls I went to school with fell into this way of thinking). And obviously all people that benefits from the program has duty to keep the same government in power.

How does this impact population? Well, we had, according to the census, an increase of around 35% in population over the last 15 years. Most of it being poor people.

If we were to get rid of the most corrupt financing we ever had, then had all our people properly educated, working, being a community, an without the lack of basic services they face today. I'm sure the amount of population would decrease drastically over the years, as less people would be having kids, and more adults would be enjoying their life, until their bio-clocks start ticking and they choose to breed.

So, if I go to Africa that has a larger problem that my nation does, and make the people healthy, cover their basic services (including health care and vaccines), and give them a job, their  population would decrease significantly. After this, let's say year 2050, or even 2100, planet earth would have less people.

We are as of right now on a population 'diminishing return', we went the last 100 years on a mayor increase, and now we are progressing as a planet and society, moving towards a more 'compact' and overall more efficient design, where everyone can contribute to the developing of new and greater milestones.

It's most likely that we would drop population numbers in the next 100-200 years, and once we distribute and use more of the planet in a true practical way (hell, even colonizing another celestial body) it's likely that the numbers will start rising again, probably larger than as right now.

So, why would he be a monster? He is not thinking about unborn children, but instead concerning about people that is alive and can be useful to humanity, that some day will have children of their own that will be useful too.

I'll join

No proper Internet on Mars though... So no more LTT.

Ot: this is good although I wonder how he is going to spend the money, just throw it at some random research labs? And if it's targeted, what are the things he aims for

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

No proper Internet on Mars though... So no more LTT.

Ot: this is good although I wonder how he is going to spend the money, just throw it at some random research labs? And if it's targeted, what are the things he aims for

I expect Mr. Gates will spread out the billions to a few companies, and the ones who get the most breakthroughs will receive future and further funding.  That is my thought at the least - it makes sense.  Whichever companies or researcher groups are able to have breakthroughs and results get further funding and assistance over the ones who don't - unless an idea is needed for pursuit.

Good ol' Gates doing great things as usual. Just the fact alone that he is investing in the sector will bring more public/private focus to it and hopefully increase general spending on energy R&D. Two thumbs up!

Cheers,

Linus

Nice to see he can make good use of the mountain of money he sits on ^^

Oh this twat again, damn Bill Gates.  I haven't bought any Windows products from this Liberal loon for myself since an HP pavillion that I pulled a key off of and have changed it to Windows 10.  I use it for all of my systems now.  He told Africans he wouldn't help them with a water shortage crisis unless they employed a population control.  His idea was to have them abort their children and take BC pills, he's a monster.  My least favorite person on the Forbes list.

Maybe you forgot - this is the guy who funded the machine that takes sewage and turns it into drinking water and electricity with virtually 0 pollution. Population control can mean many things, and while I too disagree with his idea on carrying it out I have heard way worse things coming out of a lot of people's mouths - people who go out of their way to make it happen regardless of what others think. I'm not going to claim he's a saint, but he has done a hell of a lot of good.

Also, windows has nothing to do with this, and if you think people buying it is what makes Bill money you're dead wrong.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My internet currently sucks so that doesn't matter to me lol.

join the club, 5mbit here. But some internets is still better than none imo

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

I have .25mbps, but yeah its better than none lol.

You only get about 30KByte/s? Damn that's is nearly dialup... Bill Gates should help get you some decent Internet

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

Oh this twat again, damn Bill Gates.  I haven't bought any Windows products from this Liberal loon for myself since an HP pavillion that I pulled a key off of and have changed it to Windows 10.  I use it for all of my systems now.  He told Africans he wouldn't help them with a water shortage crisis unless they employed a population control.  His idea was to have them abort their children and take BC pills, he's a monster.  My least favorite person on the Forbes list.

No he's not.

tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

You only get about 30KByte/s? Damn that's is nearly dialup... Bill Gates should help get you some decent Internet

Its simple, we'll build our own internet.

Assuming we don't discover subspace and use it for superluminal communications we will have to have individual planetary/outpost internets. Be an interesting time to live I think. 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Its simple, we'll build our own internet.

Assuming we don't discover subspace and use it for superluminal communications we will have to have individual planetary/outpost internets. Be an interesting time to live I think.

we already have the outernet right? Or at least so I've heard. I think that could be expanded to the other planets as well, speeds and latency would be horrid but that's not important

Main rig:

Other devices

Surface RT

Server:

What about the Chinese then?

They have population control.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What about the Chinese then?

They have population control.

Probs not the best example as their population controls are sort of screwing them. Ageing population + low birth rate + preference for male babies = not so healthy populace and economic knock-on effects.

These things contributed to the Chinese governments recent decision to lessen the strictures of their one child policy.

Cite: bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-24957303

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Yeah we are trying to pull out funding, but we're too busy dealing with Obamas screw ups, the trillions of dollars of debt he's given us, and the welfare we have to pay for because people are too lazy to work nowadays.

You do realize that Obama is just a puppet? And he is your first president in the last 20 years that doesn't act like a clown. You really should look at a bigger picture, not just what media is shoving down your throat. Not saying he is good, just that you can't blame everything on him because US condition is caused by years of shitty decisions like lobbying and giving all power to the corporations who just wan't your money.

Regarding Bill Gates and his "population control", he is absolutely right but not many public figures dare to say it. It's not about Africa, it's about all continents and countries but he can't condition developed countries. Not that I think this is a good way to do it but at least he is trying to do something.

And for the OP, it can only be good news. If more rich billionaires would invest in energy R&D we would have a much better and cleaner world in no time.

My least favorite person on LTT.

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

Oh this twat again, damn Bill Gates.  I haven't bought any Windows products from this Liberal loon for myself since an HP pavillion that I pulled a key off of and have changed it to Windows 10.

Oh no... Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me you're not blaming the ass-ticity of HP's products on Windows...

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

Bill Gates does not even run Microsoft anymore... The CEO and shareholders do. Bill and Melinda have done a good bit of charity work that has impacted even businesses in my local area.

Lord of Helium.