Pc doesn't boot.

Posted (edited)

Alright so, I have already done a thing about this once and it worked. Don't know how that worked but yes, it's back again. 

I was questioning why my display port didn't work right, so I disconnected my hdmi cable and connected my display port. Then, I notice my keyboard and mouse just stop functioning. And my monitor is stuck on a still image. I disconnected the display port cable and hdmi cable back. It still didn't work, I pressed my restart button and I notice that the pc shuts down. Powers back up and shuts back down. Then further on powering back on and working "fine" I joined a discord call later and got a blue screen with the error code Irql_not_less_or_equal. It stayed on bluescreen and instead of automatically restarting it said "pc ran into an issue. You can restart." So I shut the pc down and went to bed. I woke up afterwards and tried to boot the pc, realizing it's stuck in a boot loop. The keyboard doesn't light up, neither the mouse or monitor. I don't have a vga cable either, and don't suggest buying a cable please. I am quite literally broke. I wanted to upload a video here but 20mb limit...

Specs:

Gtx 960 

16 GB of ddr3 1600mhz ram

Msi B75MA-P45

I7-3770

System on 120gb ssd

Toshiba 1tb hdd

Edited by Get Sofied
Forgot specs.

53 minutes ago, Get Sofied said:

Alright so, I have already done a thing about this once and it worked. Don't know how that worked but yes, it's back again. 

I was questioning why my display port didn't work right, so I disconnected my hdmi cable and connected my display port. Then, I notice my keyboard and mouse just stop functioning. And my monitor is stuck on a still image. I disconnected the display port cable and hdmi cable back. It still didn't work, I pressed my restart button and I notice that the pc shuts down. Powers back up and shuts back down. Then further on powering back on and working "fine" I joined a discord call later and got a blue screen with the error code Irql_not_less_or_equal. It stayed on bluescreen and instead of automatically restarting it said "pc ran into an issue. You can restart." So I shut the pc down and went to bed. I woke up afterwards and tried to boot the pc, realizing it's stuck in a boot loop. The keyboard doesn't light up, neither the mouse or monitor. I don't have a vga cable either, and don't suggest buying a cable please. I am quite literally broke. I wanted to upload a video here but 20mb limit...

Specs:

Gtx 960 

16 GB of ddr3 1600mhz ram

Msi B75MA-P45

I7-3770

System on 120gb ssd

Toshiba 1tb hdd

Your system is like 10 years old, something may have died...

Try repairing/reinstalling Windows

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

19 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Your system is like 10 years old, something may have died...

Try repairing/reinstalling Windows

Based on the conditions shown in the video, Windows has nothing to do with it. It's a hardware problem, since it won't post either.

@Get Sofied

Try removing one of your memory modules(farthest from the CPU), and try turning on the system again. If that doesn't work, swap modules, and try again.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Based on the conditions shown in the video, Windows has nothing to do with it. It's a hardware problem, since it won't post either.

@Get Sofied

Try removing one of your memory modules(farthest from the CPU), and try turning on the system again. If that doesn't work, swap modules, and try again.

Ok sry didn't watch, OP said he couldnt' boot...

Is there some debug LEDs on the board ?

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

@Get Sofied

I know it's not the ram, it was working fine yesterday. Until I touched the display port and hdmi shenanigans.

41 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Ok sry didn't watch, OP said he couldnt' boot...

Is there some debug LEDs on the board ?

Of how I looked at the board I cannot really see anything... it's a small board covered by the card and cooler so.

6 minutes ago, Get Sofied said:

Of how I looked at the board I cannot really see anything... it's a small board covered by the card and cooler so.

Nah it hasn't any, it's a very old board

Time to upgrade I think...

2 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Nah it hasn't any, it's a very old board

Time to upgrade I think...

With what money... also, the board I switched yesterday from my brother and it worked fine. Until the display port shenanigans.

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

@Get Sofied

I have tried that, nothing.

10 hours ago, Get Sofied said:

I have tried that, nothing.

Do you have a spare graphics card?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch